Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It really isn’t as has been argued numerous times in this thread. But you know, goalposts and moving them.
    What did you mean by this?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I would have preferred Web-Weaver used the "Spider" name, but I won't complain about the character existing.
    Definitely see what you mean, but at least in Web-Weaver's case, he/his design very much uses Spider symbolology and iconography, including costume and emblem. Just have to hope he'll be as much of a mainstay as Silk has been.

And in addition, we can still hope and expect and even demand more than just Web-Weaver going forward. Steps in the right direction doesn't mean we can't continuing taking further steps forward, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Definitely see what you mean, but at least in Web-Weaver's case, he/his design very much uses Spider symbolology and iconography, including costume and emblem. Just have to hope he'll be as much of a mainstay as Silk has been.

And in addition, we can still hope and expect and even demand more than just Web-Weaver going forward. Steps in the right direction doesn't mean we can't continuing taking further steps forward, after all.
    I agree. Foxe himself said he doesn't view Web-Weaver as representative of all gay men (which by extension means he isn't a representative of all LGBTQ people). Still, this is a positive and we should absolutely treat it as such.

Astonishing Member

I agree. Foxe himself said he doesn't view Web-Weaver as representative of all gay men (which by extension means he isn't a representative of all LGBTQ people). Still, this is a positive and we should absolutely treat it as such.
    Someone else pointed this out, but another positive regarding Web-Weaver is him being a male femme gay Superhero. That in itself is its own step in a positive direction, and if they back it up with the stories and characterization, it'll be excellent.

So will Web-Weaver go the direction of Spider-Gwen? I guess if he's not actually an AU Peter maybe he can make the jump to 616.

(I guess people will finally get a male MJ...maybe.)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So will Web-Weaver go the direction of Spider-Gwen? I guess if he's not actually an AU Peter maybe he can make the jump to 616.

(I guess people will finally get a male MJ...maybe.)
    Impossible to say at this point in time.

(For those unaware, Andrew Garfield advocated for a male MJ during his days playing Peter Parker on The Amazing Spider-Man film series. Mostly during the promotion of TASM 1.)

Impossible to say at this point in time.

(For those unaware, Andrew Garfield advocated for a male MJ during his days playing Peter Parker on The Amazing Spider-Man film series. Mostly during the promotion of TASM 1.)
    To be honest I don't really get the appeal of a male MJ because she's such a pivotal female character other than to say she's such the one that even the gay Peter has an MJ equivalent .

To be honest I don't really get the appeal of a male MJ because she's such a pivotal female character other than to say she's such the one that even the gay Peter has an MJ equivalent .
    Garfield wanted to explore Peter's sexuality with a male version of Peter's iconic love interest. Sony couldn't have done a male MJ anyway though since their contract with Marvel says Peter has to be white and straight. In fact, Sony is strictly forbidden from creating an LGBTQ Spidey on their own. They could only use an LGBTQ Spidey if Marvel said that character was LGBTQ.

This is one of the reasons why Web-Weaver is so significant. Soon the ball will be in Sony's court to include him in something.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Gay Spider-Man Web Weaver confirmed for End of Spider-Verse

https://www.cbr.com/first-gay-spider...ariant-marvel/
    Love the name and suit
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member

Garfield wanted to explore Peter's sexuality with a male version of Peter's iconic love interest. Sony couldn't have done a male MJ anyway though since their contract with Marvel says Peter has to be white and straight. In fact, Sony is strictly forbidden from creating an LGBTQ Spidey on their own. They could only use an LGBTQ Spidey if Marvel said that character was LGBTQ.

This is one of the reasons why Web-Weaver is so significant. Soon the ball will be in Sony's court to include him in something.
    i think its a bit too soon to assume he's gong to be in sony movies. he has a great design and name but how he actually turns out in the story and how he's received will have an impact on what is done with him.

Assuming Marvel intended straight women and gay men to relate to Peter's "everyman-ness" too, a male supermodel/heartthrob MJ makes a lot of sense for a gay or female Peter and the Peter/MJ dynamics remain pretty much the same with a fun spin, depending on the writing.

Like this could totally have worked if it were a movie about a genderbent Peter/MJ

I'm not sure about the bolded because the document I came across stated only "AU Peter Parkers" could be LGBTQ or something to the effect. There was a specification included that as long as it was not Sony's "main universe Peter", he could be queer. So assuming Holland is now main universe, they could make Garfield LGBTQ if they decide to continue the movies set in his universe of Spider-films.

ETA: My bad. It states that Marvel Comics has to portray the alter ego of Peter Parker as "homosexual" first for Sony to depict him as queer.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 06-29-2022 at 06:18 AM.

Would he have supported all the shipping for Marvel's Spider-Man version of Peter and Harry? They even had fanart.
    I wouldn't expect much, but then again they are desperate for IP's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Assuming Marvel intended straight women and gay men to relate to Peter's "everyman-ness" too, a male supermodel/heartthrob MJ makes a lot of sense for a gay or female Peter and the Peter/MJ dynamics remain pretty much the same with a fun spin, depending on the writing.

Like this could totally have worked if it were a movie about a genderbent Peter/MJ
    This looks more like Ultimate MJ and Flash Thompson.

Would he have supported all the shipping for Marvel's Spider-Man version of Peter and Harry? They even had fanart.
    Couldn't say.

I wouldn't expect much, but then again they are desperate for IP's.
    If El Muerto can get a movie than anyone can get a movie.

Amazing Member

Simple solution, make Max Modell into a spider character or venom like in the cartoon.
    Last edited by Congeridi; 07-13-2022 at 02:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Congeridi View Post
    Simple solution, make Max Modell into a spider character or venom like in the cartoon.
    Nah, people hate BND too much to include anything from that era.