Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    The more you add, the less special it becomes. How many forgettable spider-verse characters do we have right now? How successful do you see this character being? As successful as Miles Morales who you can never call Spider-Man because everyone thinks you are talking about Peter Parker? Whose only real success comes from one animated movie and a popular videogame series that usually stars Peter? If the only thing this character can contribute is representation and being slapped on a rainbow cover during a certain time of year while leeching off of Peter's world, city, cast and rogues gallery maybe they aren't needed that badly?
    The Spider-Verse includes a cartoon pig. I think it can handle a dude who wants to kiss another dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    The more you add, the less special it becomes. How many forgettable spider-verse characters do we have right now? How successful do you see this character being? As successful as Miles Morales who you can never call Spider-Man because everyone thinks you are talking about Peter Parker? Whose only real success comes from one animated movie and a popular videogame series that usually stars Peter? If the only thing this character can contribute is representation and being slapped on a rainbow cover during a certain time of year while leeching off of Peter's world, city, cast and rogues gallery maybe they aren't needed that badly?
    I mean it's not a perfect metric of success, but I would say winning an Oscar for Best Animated Picture could definitely be called a "real success".... but hey, you do you.

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    I mean it's not a perfect metric of success, but I would say winning an Oscar for Best Animated Picture could definitely be called a "real success".... but hey, you do you.
    You still believe The Oscars to be relevant? I think you might need to do you more than I need to do me.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Spectacular Member

This probably doesn’t make it, but I’ve always pictured the Venom symbiote as a panromantic Asexual in its own “alien” way.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    This probably doesn’t make it, but I’ve always pictured the Venom symbiote as a panromantic Asexual in its own “alien” way.
    He's from a parasitic race the multiplies similar to Mitosis

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    There is a scene where Venom is implied to sexually pleasure Eddie to get the brain chemicals it needs. Asexuals can have sex, so it doesn't necessarily mean Venom isn't asexual, you just have to question whether Venom is attracted to Eddie - or Peter for that matter. There's definitely no suggestion that Venom had sex with Peter, but I think it's pretty open as to whether it's attracted to him or not. I always got a gay panic vibe at Peter's reaction to the Venom suit when he discovered it was alive (and clinging to his naked body all the time, and taking control of him) even when it was just a liquidy suit. Venom always treated Peter like the ex it never got over.

Extraordinary Member

Tbf I think we'd all panic if we found out our clothes were alive

But I think Venom having connections to hosts is a thing, they just aren't romantic IIRC.

Peter still has his codex btw, he never got it removed IIRC

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The Spider-Verse includes a cartoon pig. I think it can handle a dude who wants to kiss another dude.
    I can't help but find it funny that you find those two things equatable.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I can't help but find it funny that you find those two things equatable.
    The point is that people who have a problem with something as normal as someone being gay aren't normally bothered by more outrageous things like cartoon pig versions of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Tbf I think we'd all panic if we found out our clothes were alive
    Alive, trying to bond with you regardless of what you want, and can take control of your body to go into joy rides, though Spidey wasn't aware of the last point (He did think something was up, but didn't actually consider the suit was alive until Reed told him it is alive).

Even before the symbiote was characterized to be more malicious in nature, just the idea of it is freaky enough of its own, specially since Reed mentions that the suit is bonding with him physically and mentally, meaning it can potentially mess with Peter's mind too.

But I think Venom having connections to hosts is a thing, they just aren't romantic IIRC.
    I think the hosts themselves may talk like it's more of a romantic thing, Eddie does give that impression once in a while, but the symbiotes, they feel love for hosts, but I doubt it's romantic, but it can get possessive, if the way the Venom symbiote could look like an yandere is any hint.

Peter still has his codex btw, he never got it removed IIRC
    He didn't yeah, he decided to go last into that machine Maker created, but Kletus destroyed it before he had the chance.

He could always have gotten it removed off-screen via Reed making the same machine, Absolute Carnage points out Reed could make a machine like that, but there wasn't enough time, which's why they went for Maker, who was ahead in making it, but if writers decide to say he didn't get it removed, it could be used, but it'd be weird for Peter to not want the Codex removed, even if he thought there isn't any more danger after Carnage was dealt with, it's better to remove a piece of a symbiote from within him just in case, specially if you consider another villain may find an use for it.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 04-03-2022 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    The point is that people who have a problem with something as normal as someone being gay aren't normally bothered by more outrageous things like cartoon pig versions of Spider-Man.
    Which of these have lasted longer in media? I’ll tell you right now; it’s not gay relationships.

Since the beginning of time, there was media about talking animals. Many kids shows like SpongeBob, We Bare Bears, TMNT, etc. focus on cartoon animals as well.

Spider-Pig isn’t that weird when you look it through that lens.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    How is a cartoon pig being in a cartoon outrageous?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Felicia is an insignificant character though given she was prominent enough to get her own solo book that ran for a decent amount of issues. She's not a "Spider" but she's arguably more relevant to the franchise than actual Spiders, like Jessica Drew.

Of course the amount of Gwen adaptions that really adapt her like she was in the comics (especially the Latour run) is few and far between.
    when and where was the, uh, "revelation" about Felicia Hardy? Just curious.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    when and where was the, uh, "revelation" about Felicia Hardy? Just curious.
    Black Cat #10.

"Which one?" You're on your own there.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Felicia is an insignificant character though given she was prominent enough to get her own solo book that ran for a decent amount of issues. She's not a "Spider" but she's arguably more relevant to the franchise than actual Spiders, like Jessica Drew.

Of course the amount of Gwen adaptions that really adapt her like she was in the comics (especially the Latour run) is few and far between.
    The problem is that she’s usually portrayed as straight in said adaptations, so that defeats the point.