Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think for Felicia Peter is basically like the love of her life that she realized she lost through her own choices and probably won't get back at this point.

They had a kid in MC2. She even tried to be Mayday's sidekick/partner if I remember right.
    I'd agree w/ that

I'd still like to see what PeterFel kids would be

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They had two kids in MC2. Felicity, who tried to be Mayday's sidekick, and Gene, who May dated briefly (he was more like Flash was in the 1960s).

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Felic...dy_(Earth-982)

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Eugen...r._(Earth-982)
    Thanks!

* Edit- Someone else made the point.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I don't think Fel will ever forget Peter or how important he is to her because that's what gave her the most important growth she had.When she lost those memories she went straight up super-villain and when she got them back she became a much better person.

I do think that's what it was, which tbf she was under the gaze and she has messed up a lot.I like them where they are rn though

Did Flash and Fel have kids in MC2? I blanked on that, maybe they could adopt in 616
    ...You have no idea how much I hated what the BND era did to Black Cat. Felica didn't really need Peter to not be an unrepentent supervillain. She was a criminal but she wasn't malevolent. She was morally grey right out the door and her crimes were initially committed for her father’s sake which changed as she realized how much she enjoyed it and her stealing from criminals often had a robin hood-esque bent. Felicia was willing to clean up her act to date Spidey, who wanted to change her, but things went south. Then later developed a friendship that wasn't based on romantic feelings.

I don't mind the idea that she would have a son with Peter like that unused idea from the 80s, but again, while I do respect people's opinions. I don't really think Peter Parker should be her great love. The two are kinda incompatible and want different things out of life, and were unable to accept one another for themselves rather than who they were. That... Is not what comes to mind when I think great loves. Her friendship with Peter is extremely important but romantically I'm very open to her dating and falling for other men. (As opposed to the occasional fan sentiment that she's going for other women because other men are "ruined" for her now. Note: I don't think you're suggesting this fyi I've just read it more than once in fandom). Black cat and Batroc dating each other then crushing on their respective heroes was dang funny ngl, lol.

Adoption would be kind of nice, but it wouldn't be the same. Not because adoption isn't valid but because children learning to adapt after their family's restructuring would be an entirely different story and very relatable for children with similar situations. Adoption would also be Important but it's something that can exist with the first story.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    ...You have no idea how much I hated what the BND era did to Black Cat. Felica didn't really need Peter to not be an unrepentent supervillain. She was a criminal but she wasn't malevolent. She was morally grey right out the door and her crimes were initially committed for her father’s sake which changed as she realized how much she enjoyed it and her stealing from criminals often had a robin hood-esque bent. Felicia was willing to clean up her act to date Spidey, who wanted to change her, but things went south. Then later developed a friendship that wasn't based on romantic feelings.

I don't mind the idea that she would have a son with Peter like that unused idea from the 80s, but again, while I do respect people's opinions. I don't really think Peter Parker should be her great love. The two are kinda incompatible and want different things out of life, and were unable to accept one another for themselves rather than who they were. That... Is not what comes to mind when I think great loves. Her friendship with Peter is extremely important but romantically I'm very open to her dating and falling for other men. (As opposed to the occasional fan sentiment that she's going for other women because other men are "ruined" for her now. Note: I don't think you're suggesting this fyi I've just read it more than once in fandom). Black cat and Batroc dating each other then crushing on their respective heroes was dang funny ngl, lol.

Adoption would be kind of nice, but it wouldn't be the same. Not because adoption isn't valid but because children learning to adapt after their family's restructuring would be an entirely different story and very relatable for children with similar situations. Adoption would also be Important but it's something that can exist with the first story.
    She kinda did, as in she wouldn't be a supervillain if he wasn't in her life but she wouldn't be anywhere close to how anti-hero and compassionate she is these days.In a inner monologue pre-BND she even said Peter's the one who showed her how to be a person behind the mask or smth along those lines.Still hate post-BND Cat until Spencer

Also saying Peter wanted to change her comes of as bad, he wanted to help her be better.That's not malicious imo, nor is it completely selfless since he was going through his own phase at that time

Peter will always be her great love, and I think there incompatibility is what made them so interesting and Peter def. rubbed off on Felicia a lot and for the better.I don't mind her falling for other men depending on who it is but I think it's better if she's w/ a woman for rep purposes and even who she is as a person.

I can see that, I just feel we'd have to go through decades of Fel w/ flash for that to happen so I'd rather they not go that route

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    "Ay look there's no Black Cat in this fanart of mostly Spider-MEN I posted" There aren't any Spider-women either either than in the corner.And Black Cat is more prominent than most of the people in that pic.Also maybe post it in better quality

God you must be trolling rn

Black Cat is part of the Spider-man franchise and she is valid rep.And the rest of Marvel isn't irrelevant, that's like saying I don't care what rep they have w/ other Spiders since I only care about Peter...

Great, Black Cat is still a part of Spider-man/The Spider-verse and more relevant than most of the Spiders you've shown.

"Nobody thinks Peter will be revealed as LGBT" just log onto twitter.That's all they think about

It's funny because I think it would be great if Gwen or Miles came out but the way you disregard any rep that isn't exactly the way you want it is what makes me disagree w/ you

Prologue -> Prominent in the event?

Miles and Otto were what you would call prominent lmfao
    Funny that you have no issues offering up Miles to be made into a gay/bi character, but Peter is a bridge too far, lol!!! Miles has been shown to just as straight as Peter from his inception.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Funny that you have no issues offering up Miles to be made into a gay/bi character, but Peter is a bridge too far, lol!!! Miles has been shown to just as straight as Peter from his inception.
    I don't have problems w/ bi Peter, infact I was rotting for Andrew when he said he wanted him to be Bi in TASM

I said Stan Lee didn't want Peter to be bi

Also it's about love interests and future, not to mention age w/ other factors

Peter has multiple love interests that are extremely well developed and that would work.And most Peter fans want him to get married and have a kid w/ MJ

Miles has none at the level of MJ/Black Cat, and we have no fan-fav future version of him as well.Not to mention his younger age and his tagline "be yourself" makes him much more suitable for it as well

Love the attempt at a gotcha moment but just ask questions instead of making assumptions to fit your narrative lmao

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Agreed Miles is fine as is leave the brotha be same for spidergwen,kaine and etc. what marvel needs to do is create a new lgbt spider hero or after miles little journey to 1610 they should put ultimate Jessica more in the spot light and give her her own solo run and see how does.

Extraordinary Member

I forgot to mention in the og post but it'd also be POC LGBTQ+ rep and as a POC person that's so important specially since the lack of it

https://screenrant.com/superman-son-...ade-australia/

Superman's Son Inspires Australia's LGBTQ+ Community in Annual Parade
    DC's new Superman, Jon Kent, is making waves in the world as he has become a hero for the LGBTQIA+ community that they are embracing with Pride.

While criticisms of Superman's son, Jon Kent, are still forthcoming on social media, the young hero is resonating with the LGBTQ community. Despite beliefs that the character would not see very much success, DC's current Superman is proving he has a major impact on his fans. This impact is truly global, as LGBTQIA+ fans gathered in Australia for an annual event where they put their fandom on display.

Jon Kent came out as bisexual in November 2021, within the pages of Superman: Son of Kal-El #5, though is coming out was announced October 11 - National Coming Out Day. While some DC comic fans were quick to voice displeasure at the event, many others have been showing fervent support. DC has numerous characters who fall within the LGBTQIA+ spectrum, but Jon Kent may be one of the most important and could be the most beloved amongst fans should he be a mainstay in future comics.
    This is why I argue the Spider-Franchise needs a major hero who bears the "Spider" name as LGBTQ. Black Cat is great and all, but you don't get this from Black Cat. You get this from a Spider.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    https://screenrant.com/superman-son-...ade-australia/

This is why I argue the Spider-Franchise needs a major hero who bears the "Spider" name as LGBTQ. Black Cat is great and all, but you don't get this from Black Cat. You get this from a Spider.
    The only character I could see them pulling this off with to the same effect is Miles, but that probably won't happen. Nobody else would have the same impact in my opinion.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Do it with Peter. SpideyPool is already one of the most popular Spider-Man ships in the fandom anyway.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Extraordinary Member

The only character I could see them pulling this off with to the same effect is Miles, but that probably won't happen. Nobody else would have the same impact in my opinion.
    Absolutely, Jon also has massive impact because he's Superman in canon

I also realized this thread isn't about character and comics but just headlines and impact.Yeah Miles is the only one w/ similar impact

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Do it with Peter. SpideyPool is already one of the most popular Spider-Man ships in the fandom anyway.
    Ah yes let's ship the man who doesn't kill w/ the mass murder...

Twitter/Tumblr shipping actors really has lead us to this disaster of a ship

Also I know this thread doesn't care about the actual content of comics but PeterMJ>>>

Peter, Miles, and Gwen are definitely "the main Spiders" right now. I don't think Gwen would have the same impact as Miles.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

I was always of the notion that the character should be more interesting that who they want to lay with (I also believe I'm edging closer and closer to what The Kids™ call a "boomer" these days so there is also that). If Marvel moves forward with this concept, I could only hope that it is done better than the average "press blitz" going on these days, where the promotion seems to heavily outweigh any other factor in the equation.

DC's Jon Kent thing made sense especially if you factor in that they have a bit (a bat? A bit of a bat?) of a problem - anything that is not Batman is lagging down terribly in sales charts. I believe that the Jon book wasn't even on the top 50 when I looked around for Ben data on DeMatteis' book. Surely enough it wasn't the case when the coming out issues were in the periphery, but it does seem like it's a very short burst of notoriety that quickly dies off - and apparently political pundits either frothing at the mouth or praising it (as well as a cadre of Youtube revenue video makers) reap the "actual" rewards - the creators themselves like to point out how this should be driving more sales into the book, but then things apparently don't play out like that in the long run. But it does feel like they're just putting on a show as a gimmick, as opposed to actually thinking the character arcs through.

I think how Heinberg handled it in his Young Avengers run was a great way to go about it - fans picked on innuendo he left on as breadcrumbs so he hurried up the revelation about Wiccan and Hulkling, but the book wasn't ever marketed with a huge sticker that "this" is why you should read it. It was pretty damn good classical super-heroing at a time where The Ultimates and Authority types were dictating more the way heroes acted than otherwise, and he managed to bring in a really nice way to harken back to that previous style and managing to make it feel fresh overall. When Heinberg's Children's Crusade wrapped his run he even managed to get a full splash page of the couple kissing which showed he wanted the run to build up to that moment.

Now, admittedly, times were different and showing same sex couples kissing was more controversial back then (don't you feel old? I know I do), so no one should have to wait to the end of the run to showcase that unless by design, but I'd like to think anyone trying to do that with a hero (new or not, Spider or not) follow the same footprints - come up with a pretty good story and drag the reader in with that as opposed to what sounds increasingly more like a sales pitch. I think McKay had the right idea showing Felicia as bi in his own run, with her holding hands without her mentor realizing, or when she spent a night with Odessa after the run spent a bit of time building that up.

As for who Marvel picks - well, the "Spider-family" has definitely grown remarkably large for a publisher that thought you couldn't even have "a" Scarlet Spider running around back in the day, so they're definitely not shorthanded for candidates.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

BANNED

I always thought Kaine should be bi. Dude spent his formative years thinking he was going to dissolve into mush and living in agonizing pain and has gotten multiple second leases on life. You would think that gives you some perspective on banging/love.

Plus between his degeneration, the anti-venom dip, and the other I feel like you could make a conceivable case that is DNA has been altered enough that he could conceivably be bisexual without saying that Peter is (not that I care but Disney's idea of a gay character in the MCU is Anthony Russo talking about sharing a salad with another man).

Sign me up for the (lite version) Mark of Kaine being indiscriminately applied to asses of all genders. Think of what a chaotic situation Kaine and Dakkan hooking up would be.
    Last edited by MisterC; 03-14-2022 at 10:59 AM.