Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Absolutely

As for making a new character I'd be down for that a decade ago but we have so many Spiders that I'd rather they just do a coming out story instead
    I think that Marvel should reduce the number of Spiders to 5:

1. Julia Carpenter
    2. Jessica Drew
    3. Black Widow
    4. Kaine Parker
    5. Anya Corazon

Having Silk, Miles Morales, Ben Reilly, and Spider-Gwen is too many that was never needed in Marvel-616. As for coming out, that should be Silk.

Extraordinary Member

Miles(and Gwen) are way too big, and important so I'd say keep them even if Gwen should stay in 65 and if 1610 ever comes back then Miles should make a return.

Drew isn't really part of the Spider-fam so I hope she just stays separated, Black Widow has never been a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Well, Tim being Bi-sexual makes some sense. I mean, he was a bit more cut up over Connor's death than one would be for a friend. Jon came out of nowhere though (really wish they had made him Pan Sexual instead, but that's me).
    Yeah, Jon had been dating Saturn Girl in Bendis's Legion of Superheroes. Then when Tom Taylor starts writing his solo book, he comes out as bi. Though, you could say the same about Tim Drake, who was in a steady relationship with Spoiler (last seen in another Bendis book, Young Justice, but carried over from Detective Comics and the pre-Flashpoint Robin solo book) before breaking up with her off panel and coming out.
    Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    Maybe it's time for Marvel to finally introduce a mainline Spider-Boy who can be LGBTQ? Saves the hassle of people complaining about retcons.
    Isn't Spider-Boy a joint DC and Marvel trademark due to that being the Ben Reilly and Kon-El Amalgam?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Here's a politically incorrect thing to mention: Only a tiny 7% at most of US adults identify themselves as LGBTQ. In other words, 93% of US adults are heterosexual.

The LGBTQ community makes a lot of noise, they protest a lot when any work of fiction does not include at least several LGBTQ characters and plots, but the truth is that if we take any random small group of people in the US (family, gang of friends, workplace, whatever), it is statistically more likely that they will all be heterosexuals.

There's nothing wrong with having some LGBTQ characters around, but they are enough as is. There's no need to go overboard. There's no need to create a LGBTQ Spider-Man character just to appease the angry online protesters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Miles(and Gwen) are way too big, and important so I'd say keep them even if Gwen should stay in 65 and if 1610 ever comes back then Miles should make a return.

Drew isn't really part of the Spider-family so I hope she just stays separated, Black Widow has never been a part of it.
    I think that Jessica Drew should be a part of the Spider-Family, as well as Natasha because their origin doesn't overlap Peter's own. They are plenty of stories to tell if both Black Widow and Jessica make a reoccurring guest appearance in the pages of ASM. Miles, Silk, and Spider-Gwen share the same origin as Peter as they got bitten by a radioactive spider.

I think that Spidey works best if he's the only one who was bitten by a radioactive spider(Silk, Miles, Spider-Gwen). I feel that Julia Carpenter, Natasha Romanov, and Jessica Drew would make for a great addition to the Spider-Family because their talents and powers are not tied to Peter Parker. Makes the stories interesting and would bring the Spider-readers to their solo series in large sales numbers.

Alternate reality spider-characters like Miles and Spider-Gwen works best in their own universe rather then to have them in Marvel-616. Everything is now saturated with Spider-heroes who got bitten by the same radioactive spider that bit Peter Parker, like Silk. If Marvel wants a Spider-character to come out, it should be Silk.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-15-2022 at 09:32 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Black Cat is part of the spiderman family. So there is your LGBT representation. Ghost Spider is asexual which honestly that's fine. But if there has to be a spider person to be LGBT at least make it a new one. Sorta like Jon Kent on Superman. New character.
    Black Cat isnt even the most popular Spider-Man female in the series, thats MJ or Gwen Spidey, the only reason she gets constsnt titles is because male writers get hardons with her writting her as a caper thief bombshell like Catwoman, trying hard to promote her through grander marvel universe because shes popular from branch off of him and get more attention due to being reknown from being from the most popular superhero shadow. None of her titles reach top ten btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodj View Post
    Black Cat isnt even the most popular Spider-Man female in the series, thats MJ or Gwen Spidey, the only reason she gets constsnt titles is because male writers get hardons with her writting her as a caper thief bombshell like Catwoman, trying hard to promote her through grander marvel universe because shes popular from branch off of him and get more attention due to being reknown from being from the most popular superhero shadow. None of her titles reach top ten btw.
    Her book was pretty good though.

Marvel announced this year's Marvel Voices Pride and there isn't one Spider (or Black Cat) in it. Do people see what the problem is?

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-young...-voices-pride/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Her book was pretty good though.
    Meh i wasnt impressed, Felicia is boring without Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodj View Post
    Meh i wasnt impressed, Felicia is boring without Peter.
    I think the series really did right by her character but to each their own .

*comes out of his cave*

Anyway, they should get Anya Corazon out of the closet. She's a "safe" modern character who has also had ongoing series of her own, a new one with this new status would be very welcomed. With most of her fans already seeing some queer subtext in her, and with her being relatively obscure, officially revealing she's a lesbian/bi wouldn't be too controversial. Give her a push (doesn't even have to be a big one, just make her slightly more prominent in other series like Miles' or Jess' and in crossovers) to make her cement into the public conscious.

*goes back to his cave*

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Marvel announced this year's Marvel Voices Pride and there isn't one Spider (or Black Cat) in it. Do people see what the problem is?

There are several LGBTQ Marvel characters for you to feel represented, all over the Marvel universe. One of them is even the king of an intergalactic empire! Yes, I see the problem... it's in your own narrowly defined expectations. You don't want LGBTQ characters, you basically want Peter Parker to be LGBTQ (because there is a LGBTQ Spider-character and you protest that she didn't have her own comic and whatnot; and I'm sure that Miles or Gwen were declared LGBTQ overnight then you would also find reasons to find it not enough).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

The problem is you not being able to patiently wait a few more months for another Black Cat mini-series

Really, I think it's very refreshing a franchise like this manages to avoid the current culture fad. And that's what turning all these characters are is, it's a fad, an inflated bubble that is going to burst. Spider-Man is right to stay well clear of it and show a corner of the world that isn't plagued or defined by identity or sexuality politics. Marvel dialling back on 'representation' is exactly why they've dominated DC for a considerable duration now. Representation doesn't always matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    *comes out of his cave*

Anyway, they should get Anya Corazon out of the closet. She's a "safe" modern character who has also had ongoing series of her own, a new one with this new status would be very welcomed. With most of her fans already seeing some queer subtext in her, and with her being relatively obscure, officially revealing she's a lesbian/bi wouldn't be too controversial. Give her a push (doesn't even have to be a big one, just make her slightly more prominent in other series like Miles' or Jess' and in crossovers) to make her cement into the public conscious.

*goes back to his cave*
    They're trying really hard to promote Tim Drake as the Bi Robin, so maybe they'd use Anya as a Bisexual Spider-Girl as a bigger reason to promote her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    There are several LGBTQ Marvel characters for you to feel represented, all over the Marvel universe. One of them is even the king of an intergalactic empire! Yes, I see the problem... it's in your own narrowly defined expectations. You don't want LGBTQ characters, you basically want Peter Parker to be LGBTQ (because there is a LGBTQ Spider-character and you protest that she didn't have her own comic and whatnot; and I'm sure that Miles or Gwen were declared LGBTQ overnight then you would also find reasons to find it not enough).
    I'm sorry you see things this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    The problem is you not being able to patiently wait a few more months for another Black Cat mini-series

Really, I think it's very refreshing a franchise like this manages to avoid the current culture fad. And that's what turning all these characters are is, it's a fad, an inflated bubble that is going to burst. Spider-Man is right to stay well clear of it and show a corner of the world that isn't plagued or defined by identity or sexuality politics. Marvel dialling back on 'representation' is exactly why they've dominated DC for a considerable duration now. Representation doesn't always matter.
    I'm also sorry you see things this way.