Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

As an aside I find it mighty interesting that people are "open" to the idea as long as it doesn't involve the character they are most interested in. Pretty much telling on yourself. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    No, it's refreshing that this franchise doesn't concern itself with those kind of politics.
    Why is being LGBT political?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Why is being LGBT political?
    I re-worded my post, but you only have to look at the last five years to see how people have weaponized that to be a political issue.

As an aside I find it mighty interesting that people are "open" to the idea as long as it doesn't involve the character they are most interested in. Pretty much telling on yourself. lol
    So what if it is? If it's not their thing, it's not their thing.

Could do 2 birds with one stone and make Peter Parker and Johnny Storm a couple.
    Is there a single same sex friendship that isn't shipped together at this point?

Astonishing Member

Could do 2 birds with one stone and make Peter Parker and Johnny Storm a couple.
    In the 616-verse (and even outside of it), no one will ever fully replace MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is there a single same sex friendship that isn't shipped together at this point?
    Hank McCoy with all of his male friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Hank McCoy with all of his male friends.
    Hank McCoy has friends at this point?

As for Johnny x Peter, it has been Marvel's hired creative teams who have been fueling that ship, so can't blame fans who probably were just kids and teens at the time to have taken the bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Hank McCoy has friends at this point?
    Only the ones in his head urging him to commit more war crimes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    In the 616-verse (and even outside of it), no one will ever fully replace MJ.
    Only die hard fans care about the peter x mj romance, outside theres tons of fanfics and fanarts that put the web head with anyone at varying degres.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    In the context of the story it didn't.

Same with what motivates Miles in Into The Spider-Verse. Mary Jane decrees anyone can be Spider-Man, and he feels he can be too. We all, from every creed, colour, and sexuality, who all have secrets and burdens, responsibilities etc, we want to be Spider-Man. It's a universal want/pledge and has nothing to do with race.

I'm not debating this any further, let's just agree to disagree.
    the point of miles is exploitation of black people wearing spideys mantle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodj View Post
    outside theres tons of fanfics and fanarts that put the web head with anyone at varying degres.
    Oh you mean like Spider-Man and Elsa?

Only die hard fans care about the peter x mj romance
    Die hards make up the majority of the comic reading public. MJ has been the dominant love interest of six of the eight movies, the mother of his children across dozens of continuities, and his wife of 20 years. There's no budging her.

Astonishing Member

Only die hard fans care about the peter x mj romance, outside theres tons of fanfics and fanarts that put the web head with anyone at varying degres.
    I don't think there's much evidence for this. Peter x MJ is one of the most iconic romances in the zeitgeist along with Superman and Lois. It's also the most heavily featured romance among adaptations, including the MCU.

Marvel has failed to fully replace MJ with another female, let alone a male love interest.

This sounds more like an OMD talking point.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 03-16-2022 at 02:37 PM.

Extraordinary Member

This

Also people post panels of them hanging out for their ship and I'm convinced they've never had close friends of the same or opposite sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I don't think there's much evidence for this. Peter x MJ is one of the most iconic romances in the zeitgeist along with Superman and Lois. It's also the most heavily featured romance among adaptations, including the MCU.

Marvel has failed to fully replace MJ with another female, let alone a male love interest.

This sounds more like an OMD talking point.
    This

Marvel tried burying MJ twice and failed at it spectacularly

The only character I could see them pulling this off with to the same effect is Miles, but that probably won't happen. Nobody else would have the same impact in my opinion.
    Naw, hetero black hero fans don't want our heroes snatched and changed (ala Kaldur Aqualad) no more than Peter fans would be down with it. Let's keep it a buck! They can create a new character and grow it on its own. If it slaps then we got a new hero, and if it doesn't connect then the world wasn't ready for it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Naw, hetero black hero fans don't want our heroes snatched and changed (ala Kaldur Aqualad) no more than Peter fans would be down with it. Let's keep it a buck! They can create a new character and grow it on its own. If it slaps then we got a new hero, and if it doesn't connect then the world wasn't ready for it.
    One of the reasons I want it to be Miles(or even a new POC) is because of the stigma of LGBTQ+ in POC communities.Also his age and lack of mainstream and well developed love interests make him a much better fit, not to mention his tagline is literally "be yourself"

Also you acting like Peter/Miles/etc. are only for hetero fans and the coming out will snatch them from them is messed up.616 Peter coming out doesn't work w/ the future most fans have already read and want to us including one of the most underrated female heroes at Marvel, Andrew Peter or Miles work in that aspect as well