Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    We have a Spider-ham, a Spiders-man, and a Spider-Norman, why is that more implausible to anyone than an active LGBT-Spider?
    Because none of them are active, we have LGBT-Spiders in 1610 Jess and MJ from exiles and the former is more prominent than all the people you mentioned.

Either way if we're talking about multiversal adventures then I too hope they add LGBTQ+ rep, just not in 616

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Because none of them are active, we have LGBT-Spiders in 1610 Jess and MJ from exiles and the former is more prominent than all the people you mentioned.

Either way if we're talking about multiversal adventures then I too hope they add LGBTQ+ rep, just not in 616
    Spider-Ham headlined his own mini in 2019/2020. Had a memorable appearance in a movie that grossed hundreds of millions of dollars. Appeared in some animated works such as Ultimate Spider-Man and his own short called Spider-Ham: Caught in a Ham and has appeared in multiple video games and mobile games.

I really don't see how you can argue Ultimate Jessica Drew is a bigger deal than Spider-Ham.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Spider-Ham headlined his own mini in 2019/2020. Had a memorable appearance in a movie that grossed hundreds of millions of dollars. Appeared in some animated works such as Ultimate Spider-Man and his own short called Spider-Ham: Caught in a Ham and has appeared in multiple video games and mobile games.

I really don't see how you can argue Ultimate Jessica Drew is a bigger deal than Spider-Ham.
    Yeah because Spider-Ham is a cartoon-esque character

They mention Spiders-man and Spider-Norman who are much less prominent than 1610 Jess

Spectacular Member

Sorry about that, I should've mentioned I was being flippant within the post itself. Some of the odd comments I've read on this thread put me in the mood to have a laugh at how things like cartoon pig variants are more acceptable to the general public than LGBT people so I brought up a couple characters that played a part in the recent Spidergeddon event that 1610 Jess was left out of. Should've added a /j at the end to avoid confusion.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    Sorry about that, I should've mentioned I was being flippant within the post itself. Some of the odd comments I've read on this thread put me in the mood to have a laugh at how things like cartoon pig variants are more acceptable to the general public than LGBT people so I brought up a couple characters that played a part in the recent Spidergeddon event that 1610 Jess was left out of. Should've added a /j at the end to avoid confusion.
    Ah my B

I don't think people want Spider-Ham in the 616 either, not to mention he much more for the younger audience than Teens and adults.

But as I said if we're to add any new heroes to Spider-verse rep sounds great

Mighty Member

Isn't Spider Ham just another variant of Peter? With all of the random "Spider" people nowadays they could throw a dart at a board and just say "That one" to be LGBT. Felicia's bigger than all of them and is pretty much a guarantee in adaptations and the like, but the title "Spider" means more to people.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Isn't Spider Ham just another variant of Peter? With all of the random "Spider" people nowadays they could throw a dart at a board and just say "That one" to be LGBT. Felicia's bigger than all of them and is pretty much a guarantee in adaptations and the like, but the title "Spider" means more to people.
    Co-signed

But OP isn't caring for the comics/stories itself but only the headlines.Which is great for non comic readers but this is a comic book forum

Co-signed

But OP isn't caring for the comics/stories itself but only the headlines.Which is great for non comic readers but this is a comic book forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Marvel announced this year's Marvel Voices Pride and there isn't one Spider (or Black Cat) in it. Do people see what the problem is?

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-young...-voices-pride/
    One of the major corners of Marvel, the Spider-Verse, is completely unrepresented in Marvel Voices Pride.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodj View Post
    Meh i wasnt impressed, Felicia is boring without Peter.
    Marvel should put Jessica Drew in Felicia's world.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're trying really hard to promote Tim Drake as the Bi Robin, so maybe they'd use Anya as a Bisexual Spider-Girl as a bigger reason to promote her.
    Silk would be a better choice.

Astonishing Member

I think there's a Stark diff. b/w anyone CAN be Spider-man vs everyone IS Spider-man that's being missed.

I think that "anyone can wear the mask" is very similar to Aunt May's speech from SM2, it just means we as people should have strong morals and ethics.To do what is right or over what we want no matter how bad that want is.You can still be LIKE Spider-man w/out having his powers, but not everyone IS Spider-man.

Same way in ZSJL Wonder Woman after saving the kids has that convo w/ the little kid, it works in a metaphorical sense but that kid can't actually be Wonder woman in a literal sense.

Also 616 is already massively over-saturated w/ Spiders rn, they literally had a whole event to kill many off and then they brought some back to life and made many more.
    I think that Marvel-616 should reduce the number of Spiders to 5(not including Peter Parker):

1. Julia Carpenter
    2. Jessica Drew
    3. Black Widow
    4. Kaine Parker
    5. Anya Corazon

Having Silk, Miles Morales, Ben Reilly, and Spider-Gwen is too many that was never needed in Marvel-616. As for coming out, that should be Silk.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that Marvel-616 should reduce the number of Spiders to 5(not including Peter Parker):

1. Julia Carpenter
    2. Jessica Drew
    3. Black Widow
    4. Kaine Parker
    5. Anya Corazon

Having Silk, Miles Morales, Ben Reilly, and Spider-Gwen is too many that was never needed in Marvel-616. As for coming out, that should be Silk.
    Ewww. Just keep Peter, Miles, Jessica and Silk as the 616 Spiders and Miguel and Gwen as the multiverse ones.

Also why is Black Widow here?
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

I remember when the Hulk comics jettisoned most of their Hulk spin-offs in an event. Worked out fine for the brand.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Ewww. Just keep Peter, Miles, Jessica and Silk as the 616 Spiders and Miguel and Gwen as the multiverse ones.
    Miguel is the time Spider, he doesn't need to do dimensions as well.

I'd use Silk as a dimension hopper as she was the cosmic key or whatever in Spider-Verse.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Miguel is the time Spider, he doesn't need to do dimensions as well.

I'd use Silk as a dimension hopper as she was the cosmic key or whatever in Spider-Verse.
    Yeah that makes sense

Miles can have his 1610 comeback if they ever decide to bring it back in full swing, and Spider-Gwen in 65