Default New mystery animated project

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

A full orchestra is pretty big time so I'm guessing it's going to have a really epic, cinematic scale to it what ever it is. Hopefully they'll drop some information on Star Wars day.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    A full orchestra is pretty big time so I'm guessing it's going to have a really epic, cinematic scale to it what ever it is. Hopefully they'll drop some information on Star Wars day.
    Maybe a CW style high republic or old republic show would be so awesome I’d love that…

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Maybe a CW style high republic or old republic show would be so awesome I’d love that…
    I'd rather old republic, the Nhil are just too damn boring to keep my attention. I get that they wanted to do something new but I feel like they would have been better off making the Madolorians the threat.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I'd rather old republic, the Nhil are just too damn boring to keep my attention. I get that they wanted to do something new but I feel like they would have been better off making the Madolorians the threat.
    Hey never know, if the flesh them out in a show might be good…

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Hey never know, if the flesh them out in a show might be good…
    Nah, they've had plenty of time to flesh them out already and they're still boring, two dimensional bad guys doing bad guy things for bad guy reasons. I thought Cobra Commander and Skeletor were credible threats and interesting villains when I was eight...but I grew up in the thirty years since then and I need more than that. I take that back though because atleast both Skeletor and Cobra Commander looked cool which does count for something, while again the Nhil just look like generic bad guys who are only cool briefly enough to occupy the background in a group shot of Jabba's palace or the Cantina.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Whatever it is I hope they gave one of the anime studios behind Visions the budget to make a proper series out of a short

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Whatever it is I hope they gave one of the anime studios behind Visions the budget to make a proper series out of a short
    I wouldn't say no to more from whoever did the Duel, the Elder or maybe the Ninth Jedi.

Didn't Matt Lanter say he did some new voice lines? I remember some speculation that they were going to make a film out of another unfinished Clone Wars arc.
    Nah, they've had plenty of time to flesh them out already and they're still boring, two dimensional bad guys doing bad guy things for bad guy reasons. I thought Cobra Commander and Skeletor were credible threats and interesting villains when I was eight...but I grew up in the thirty years since then and I need more than that. I take that back though because atleast both Skeletor and Cobra Commander looked cool which does count for something, while again the Nhil just look like generic bad guys who are only cool briefly enough to occupy the background in a group shot of Jabba's palace or the Cantina.
    I think that was actually partially the point because the Nihil are basically just cannon fodder for the initial phase of Marchion Ro's plan to take the Jedi out and aren't even the real threat to them (it's whatever those Force Creatures are), so otherwise they're just Space Vikings who the Jedi can reasonably take care of on-par with, say, Battle Droids.

(I also think the High Republic being mostly novels means the Nihil's visuals don't translate as well as it could given they're meant to have far more variety than I think might pop out on the page).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't Matt Lanter say he did some new voice lines? I remember some speculation that they were going to make a film out of another unfinished Clone Wars arc.

I think that was actually partially the point because the Nihil are basically just cannon fodder for the initial phase of Marchion Ro's plan to take the Jedi out and aren't even the real threat to them (it's whatever those Force Creatures are), so otherwise they're just Space Vikings who the Jedi can reasonably take care of on-par with, say, Battle Droids.

(I also think the High Republic being mostly novels means the Nihil's visuals don't translate as well as it could given they're meant to have far more variety than I think might pop out on the page).
    Ro is the mustache twirling, Cobra Commander like villain I'm talking about...except more boring.

Ro is the mustache twirling, Cobra Commander like villain I'm talking about...except more boring.
    He's won more than Cobra Commander though.

Given recent shows perhaps finishing the Bounty Hunter arc in Clone Wars would probably make the most sense, although the Utapau/Crystal arc would be a nice and add some more backstory for the Death Star. Maybe even sneak a Galen or Krennic cameo in there like the Battle of Mandalore did with Dryden Vos.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I’m tired of CW I really hope it’s something else…