Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Green Lanterns vol 1 #23.

Kyle Rayner trolling and training Simon Baz.

Poor Kyle. I imagine Alex's sister must have never liked him very much in the first place and this gave her the excuse to lash out on him.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-29-2022 at 10:53 AM.

Poor Kyle and his relationship problems...

And you can see just how much they emphasized on youth with their new legacy characters at the time. The new GL is in a relationship with Donna Troy who is not only "older" than him but divorced and has a kid. She almost comes off as more of a "relic" than Diana here, especially if you were a new fan then and didn't know who she was until her relationship with Kyle. And she still got herself the "young hip GL". Kyle the milf lover. Fascinating to see the contrast when other young characters who've been there for a long time had so much baggage as opposed to Kyle who was a "clean slate" character.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-30-2022 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    And you can see just how much they emphasized on youth with their new legacy characters at the time. The new GL is in a relationship with Donna Troy who is not only "older" than him but divorced and has a kid. She almost comes off as more of a "relic" than Diana here, especially if you were a new fan then and didn't know who she was until her relationship with Kyle. And she still got herself the "young hip GL". Kyle the milf lover. Fascinating to see the contrast when other young characters who've been there for a long time had so much baggage as opposed to Kyle who was a "clean slate" character.
    Man, I only realized now that Donna is a milf .

Incredible Member

I never made Kyle to be as young as others seem to. I always interpreted other superheroes as considering him young in so far he became an A-lister quite literally overnight, and thus he was incredibly inexperienced.

In my headcanon, he was the same age as the Titans - except they have all been adventuring for years and years.

Kyle seemed maybe a few years off of the Titans to me, if not a year younger. Donna had to be 24 tops when this panel occurred. I'm guessing but I don't think I'm far off either.

But when you compare him to Wally or Donna they had lived entire lives by the time Kyle came around. That ages you. I think Conner Hawke meshed well with Kyle because, in comparison to the heroes who were relatively close to them in age, they didn't have the same lived-in experience.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    She almost comes off as more of a "relic" than Diana here, especially if you were a new fan then and didn't know who she was until her relationship with Kyle.
    In all fairness, that happened a lot to to the Donna/Diana duo during the post Crisis period. For some reason DC editorial went hard on making Diana a newcomer to Man's world, and also in keeping her in some sort of virginal, pure state. I feel like a lot of writers used Donna to do stuff Diana was off-limits for, and coupled with the continuity ****-up of Wonder Girl being a hero that preceded Wonder Woman, yeah... that happened a lot.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    In all fairness, that happened a lot to to the Donna/Diana duo during the post Crisis period. For some reason DC editorial went hard on making Diana a newcomer to Man's world, and also in keeping her in some sort of virginal, pure state. I feel like a lot of writers used Donna to do stuff Diana was off-limits for, and coupled with the continuity ****-up of Wonder Girl being a hero that preceded Wonder Woman, yeah... that happened a lot.
    I think Donna works best as the most "real" and "human" of the Amazons.

Incredible Member

If you like Kyle, you should get Dark Crisis #2.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    If you like Kyle, you should get Dark Crisis #2.
    Williamson saving my boi .

Well, Jo has more justified detective cred than when Cassie Sandsmark started spouting about being one.

Man, it's nice to see Hal and Kyle together again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, it's nice to see Hal and Kyle together again.
    Agreed. Been a fan since their days during Post-Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Been a fan since their days during Post-Crisis

This was a fun temporal team-up .