Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    The one part of the Kyle era that I wasn't a fan of was him as a part of the Titans.
    It never read like a good fit to me.
    Why not?? Technically he is Nightwing/Donna's age group. Makes sense he'd form friendships with those guys

^^^Yeah! For what it's worth, still love their interaction from "The Obsidian Age"

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^Yeah! For what it's worth, still love their interaction from "The Obsidian Age"

Oh look, it's the dog collar suit .

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Darkstar Donna! Who is clearly not wearing any underwear .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What's not to love about 90s comics...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    What Kyle Rayner been up to lately??

I fell off comics a couple years back. Around the time Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern corps ended. Soranik went full heel and Kyle was basically just one of the guys.

Is he still a regular in GL. Have they made him some special GL? Or is he chilling in limbo?
    Limbo, mostly. He was implied killed off in the last GL series after the battery blew up again while he was in space (in the wrong costume!); but he was fine in Dark Crisis which took place later (albeit he was mostly a background character there).

[Dark Crisis ignored nearly everything from the last GL series, TBH - Jessica Drew became a Yellow Lantern there, and Simon Baz was turned into some sort of GL ghost whisperer at the end, but they were both ordinary GLs in Dark Crisis. Even John Stewart's status quo change - when he was the series co-lead - was only half-reflected.]

I mean, if a costume which is probably more resilient than normal underwear gets burned off or whatever, is it really surprising the underwear went too?
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 12-28-2022 at 07:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    It's a bit of an old discussion, but Jade cheating on Kyle seems to have been done out of utility to me more than anything. It seemed to serve just to get Kyle from point A to point B, which was to have him single before Geoff Johns took over Green Lantern..
    Some things were done just to get some pieces in place that Johns or Tomasi wanted before they brought back Hal Jordan and the Corps, like the resurrection of Kilowog, Oa being brought back, and so on.
    I think you are misremembering (or repeating outrage clickbat). Jade cheating on Kyle was done during the Ben Raab run (before the plan for GL Rebirth under Tomasi/Johns which likely emerged during the return of Ron Marz). You can see that Lucas starts appearing (https://comicvine.gamespot.com/lucas-simon/4005-6947/) before the Marz issues as Jade's boyfriend and they start going out doing romantic stuff. All Marz did was have Kyle discover the cheating.

Likewise Kilowag's resurrection as Dark Lantern was in Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan and he becomes normal again in one of the Ben Raab issues and Oa and the Oans coming back was during Judd Winnick's run. Most of these things happened during Ben Schreck's tenure as editor on GL.

So blaming Johns and Tomasi as some machiavellian plan is frankly ridiculous when these things were done before they even took control of the book. I think it's plain as day that Schreck was the one that started the ball rolling in trying to bring back the GLC/Oans/Kilowag since Kevin Dooley/Jeanette Kahn/Denny O'Neil/Archie Goodwin (some of the biggest people behind Emerald Twilight) were all gone from DC by then.

edit: I think splitting up Kyle/Jade was done for more practical reasons. Winnick was already using her in his Outsiders run as a member by that time and sharing characters is just a headache giving the amount of coordination required between differing creators. Raab putting Kyle in space deferred it, but splitting them up was the only solution. IIRC you had a similar problem with Kyle/Donna that split them up since the Wonder Woman books were clamoring for Donna to be used in the WW ongoing. Obviously Soranik Natu being a creation of GL editorial probably meant they didn't have to split her up with Kyle for "editorial reasons" compared to Jade and Donna Troy.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 12-28-2022 at 09:16 PM.

Things really did end badly for Kyle and Soranik.

Has she stopped being a Yellow Lantern yet?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

No I don't think so....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Weirdly enough the cover for the first issue of the last GL run had her in a Green Lantern uniform but I don't think she physically appeared at any point in that book

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Weirdly enough the cover for the first issue of the last GL run had her in a Green Lantern uniform but I don't think she physically appeared at any point in that book
    Even when her dad was a major player.