View Poll Results: Who do you consider to be the 4th X-Woman?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Polaris

7 2.97%
  • Kitty Pryde

111 47.03%
  • Dazzler

2 0.85%
  • Emma Frost

48 20.34%
  • X-23

4 1.69%
  • Psylocke

39 16.53%
  • Rachel Summers

8 3.39%
  • Jubilee

4 1.69%
  • M

0 0%
  • Magik

10 4.24%
  • Other (Please state)

3 1.27%
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I think Kitty and Rogue should wrestle for third and fourth place. Psylocke, as much as I love her, doesn't have as much exposure as the others to be fourth but there seems to be an upward trend with her. Emma could have secured fourth a few years ago, but she has lost a lot of relevance unfortunately. Afterward, I think Rachel edges Magik out because Rachel is in more titles.

Dazzler has been going in a very questionable "upward" trend, Tempus seems to be being built up, and Polaris is too isolated in X-Factor but they're what I would consider the middle area.

I really laugh that X-23 or M were even considered. I think Jubilee has more relevance than those two, and she's constantly written out and now with baby.
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    I think Kitty and Rogue should wrestle for third and fourth place. Psylocke, as much as I love her, doesn't have as much exposure as the others to be fourth but there seems to be an upward trend with her. Emma could have secured fourth a few years ago, but she has lost a lot of relevance unfortunately. Afterward, I think Rachel edges Magik out because Rachel is in more titles.

Dazzler has been going in a very questionable "upward" trend, Tempus seems to be being built up, and Polaris is too isolated in X-Factor but they're what I would consider the middle area.

I really laugh that X-23 or M were even considered. I think Jubilee has more relevance than those two, and she's constantly written out and now with baby.
    Oh Berri, you know just what to type to brighten my day....

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Agreed......

If Kitty was more popular than Rogue, she's been the one in UA - the only reason Rick gets to pick on Rogue, is because of her wide appeal and popularity. She was place in AU to pull in X-fans, but I'd be quite happy to swap current Kitty for Rogue in AU....
    Soooooooooooooooooooooo deliciously EVIL!

I was really disappointed when I found out that Kitty isn't going to the UU with the ANXM. It would have been fun to see her meet her Ultimate Counterpart, especially since she's one of the few X-Men to still be alive in that universe. A chance wasted in my book.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Soooooooooooooooooooooo deliciously EVIL!
    Oh Calz, you're always accusing me of having ulterior motives - I'm really a pretty straight shooter. All I'm trying to do is make friends and give everyone's favourite characters a chance to share in the awesomeness that is AU.

1. Storm
    2. Jean
    3. Kitty
    4. Emma
    5. Rogue

I'd say Kitty. However, I don't think Rogue should be third, I'd say fourth or fifth, to decide between her and Betsy; Kitty would then be third.

BANNED

I don't even see how Jean can be considered in the top 3 she has been dead and irrelevant for a decade now.

BANNED

God, how I wish it was Polaris or Dazzler - and I believe it could be, the potential is there - but alas, sadly... it's not.

That's okay though, much like Magik, Rachel, & Jubilee, Lorna & Ali are experiencing a bit of a renaissance in the current X-books too. Together the five of them, along with the other two you have on your poll, X-23 & M, are probably getting the most focus, promotion, & attention right now - to varying degrees - outside of what I'm going to affectionately refer to as the... "Supreme Six". In some cases, it's always been that way, again with ebbs & flows though. So yeah, at least Po & Dazz are on the radar & being utilized as of late, more prominently than they've been in a while actually. That, I'm happy about & thankful for, but want & hope for even more. They deserve it & got what got it takes to make it happen, and I'm really interested to see what the future holds for them.

Enough about those that occupy what I'll call the "3rd Tier" of X-Women heirarchy though, we'll come back to them, even if their rankings are probably easier & more fun to debate. We're here to discuss & determine who the title of 4th X-Woman definitively belongs to. Before that, I just want to quickly give my opinion on the top 3, and use them to explain the criteria I think should be applied. Because objectively speaking, IMO, there's no denying that the following are indeed the:

Holy X-Trinity!!!

There's no doubt in my mind, when taking into account the 5 areas of media the X-Men franchise are marketed in. That would be the comics, animation, film, video games, & the most telling when it comes to popularity and/or exposure, collectibles & other merchandise. Across the board, running the full gamut of mediums, Storm, Jean, & Rogue clearly dominate. Hell, the 90's cartoon almost accomplished & guaranteed this all on its own. But it didn't do it by itself, the comics themselves contributed, then came the movies. Whether it be console or online gaming, they're pretty much always a lock for the first 3 playable female characters. Statues & busts; action figures & toys; cards, apparel, & other printed product; all the various promo material that's out there... leaves little room, if any, to argue otherwise.

With that said, there are 3 more female X-Men - a "secondary trinity", if you will - who when joined with the "1st Tier" trio, form my aforementioned:

Supreme SiX!!!!!!

UNDISPUTED!... As before... IMO. I'll be back on who falls where & elaborate on why, and also get into more detail on the "3rd Tier" group, some of who are pictured here:

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a0040pc View Post
    I personally say Kitty and from what I can see from the poll there is no love for love for Dazzler.
    i'm a huge dazzfan and even i know that she's not the fourth X-woman. it's notsomuch a popularity thing, but that she's always been kind of a solo hero and works with the x-men out of necessity and loyalty, historically. Calling her the 4th X-woman would be like calling Namor the 4th X-Male. Ali Blaire is more a B-side than an actual rank.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    The ironic era of hipster comic book fandom of the 2000's, tumblr, and ever prevalent "music" culture, and yes, a decade's worth of Bendis' trolling have actually helped the character. here's hoping the upswing makes her a leading lady in the Xbooks this era.

Any answer other than Kitty Pryde is wrong.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    i'm a huge dazzfan and even i know that she's not the fourth X-woman. it's notsomuch a popularity thing, but that she's always been kind of a solo hero and works with the x-men out of necessity and loyalty, historically. Calling her the 4th X-woman would be like calling Namor the 4th X-Male. Ali Blaire is more a B-side than an actual rank.
    Yeah and its the same with X-23. Im a huge fan of her but I cannot reasonable call her the fourth X-woman and vote for her here. She doesn't really identify with the X-Men as whole and didn't even have that much contact and interaction with the big X-Men and is more of a loner.

My vote goes to Emma Frost here since she has two big arguments speaking for her(joking...)

BANNED

My Top 3
    1. Jean (not jeen, but she might help if she gets her own solo)
    2. Storm (not liking her in gold books, but can't deny her relevance)
    3. Emma

next tier
    4. Kitty (go proffesor K)
    5. Rogue (UA doesn't strengthen her position as an x lady)
    6. Jubes (personal favorite)

Bonus: Jean grey theme from MvsC 3

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    The top four X-Women in order:

1) Storm
    2) Jean Grey
    3) Rogue
    4) Psylocke

Too hard to call after this.
    Agreed. It's a toss up between Kitty and Emma for #5.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.