View Poll Results: Who do you consider to be the 4th X-Woman?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Polaris

7 2.97%
  • Kitty Pryde

111 47.03%
  • Dazzler

2 0.85%
  • Emma Frost

48 20.34%
  • X-23

4 1.69%
  • Psylocke

39 16.53%
  • Rachel Summers

8 3.39%
  • Jubilee

4 1.69%
  • M

0 0%
  • Magik

10 4.24%
  • Other (Please state)

3 1.27%
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Who is the fourth woman of the X-Men?

As many of you might already know the top 3 women of the X-Men are Jean Grey, Storm and Rogue. But I was wondering who people would consider to be the next one down. There are several candidates for the title but I wanted to see people's opinion on the matter. There have been many outstanding women who have graced the pages of the X-Men series and as I stated we already know who the top three are but who would be the next one down.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by a0040pc; 08-30-2014 at 06:44 AM.
    Life Finds A Way
    God Loves Man Kills
    What Is Thy Bidding My Master
    Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
    Till All Are One

Mystique.

She may be a villain, but she's been associated with the team for over 30 years and has had a huge influence on the stories as well as being a central figure to the mythos.

Emma is a relative newcomer to popularity, riding in on the coattails of the Cyclops' push and, unfortunately, her popularity hinges as being an accessory to him. If Psylocke's primary development had been less psychotic and fringe, I'd go with her. Rachel got sidelined ages ago, same with Dazzler. Kitty would've hit it back in the 80's, when she was the youthful POV character, but no writer has really done anything meaningful with her since Excalibur. It seems no one knows how to write a grown up Kitty and that goes for Jubilee, as well. Their adult transitions haven't really been spectacular. I love Illyana and would, by personal preference, say she was one, but that's not held up in story. She's still making the transition from C-list to B-list and if she doesn't get some more character driven focus stories soon, she'll become as much of an accessory as Emma. The others on the list really aren't even in question, imo (and that regardless of liking them or not).
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 08-30-2014 at 07:10 AM.

If Rogue is one of the three top X-women, why is there no place for her in the X-books? :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Mystique.

She may be a villain, but she's been associated with the team for over 30 years and has had a huge influence on the stories as well as being a central figure to the mythos.
    If there is a right answer this is probably the closest to it. The top 3 are pretty much set in stone, but for a fourth spot it varies by decade especially if you're talking heroes. Kitty had the 80s, Betsy the 90s, Emma the 2000s and maybe still now.

Definitely either Kitty or Emma.

Cyclops
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

BANNED

I agree Kitty Pryde or Emma Frost. Emma is of course a late edition. But Morrison made her one of the strongest characters in his run. I would like to see Jean and Emma together in ne team again in the near future. But the future for both characters do not look so bright. Jean is still dead and Emma is pointless and always in the background without any character arc going on...

I guess Storm, Psylocke and Rachel are the current X it-girls!

I think that the cover says it all (with the exception of Jubilee). And another poster nailed it saying that it depends on the decade. For the 80s it would be Kitty OR possibly Dazzler, the 90s it would be Psylocke OR Jubilee, and the 00s would be Emma OR Mystique (due to the films).

Rachel had a chance to rise, but once they brought Jean back she lost a bit of her uniqueness, due to the fact they never really could interact. Polaris (much to my confusion) never seems to rise past being a Jean Grey stand-in. I have always liked her and she should really be a much more recognizable character due to her connection to Magneto, Scarlet Witch and Quicksliver. Although she has been plagued with some pretty groan-inducing story lines, PAD has really helped her shine. Magik was greatly interesting, but was sidelined due to her death until she came back. She's gotten a great push due to New Mutants, then her joining the Extinction team to the Phoenix Five to now with Cyclops' NXS. X-23 is a strong choice and since her debut she has gone on to make successful inroads in various areas of the MU. M has certainly risen to the top due to her roles in X-Factor and now X-Men. She has risen above her ridiculous origin (that is better left in the closet) and proven that she is a great multifaceted character.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Mystique.

Emma is a relative newcomer to popularity, riding in on the coattails of the Cyclops' push and, unfortunately, her popularity hinges as being an accessory to him. If Psylocke's primary development had been less psychotic and fringe, I'd go with her. Rachel got sidelined ages ago, same with Dazzler. Kitty would've hit it back in the 80's, when she was the youthful POV character, but no writer has really done anything meaningful with her since Excalibur. It seems no one knows how to write a grown up Kitty and that goes for Jubilee, as well. Their adult transitions haven't really been spectacular. I love Illyana and would, by personal preference, say she was one, but that's not held up in story. She's still making the transition from C-list to B-list and if she doesn't get some more character driven focus stories soon, she'll become as much of an accessory as Emma. The others on the list really aren't even in question, imo (and that regardless of liking them or not).
    There's really no need for anything in this thread but this post.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

I would say if you are looking at the impactful and relevant X-Men stories, it would be Kitty. Her big detraction is that she was absent from the core books for a LONG time.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Definitely either Kitty or Emma.
    Kitty. Emma only became an X woman in 2001.

Emma Frost within the comics, Kitty Pryde with most other media.

Hands down, the Pryde of the X-Men. No competition.

Also, if it hadn't been for Claremont, Dazzler would've been part of the Trinity instead of Rogue.

Psylocke gets my vote. She had some good strong runs and is still a key member of the X-Men.

Good point with Mystique though. I can see why she is a strong candidate.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 08-30-2014 at 08:15 AM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Mystique is Numero Uno Troll of the X-Men. Shouldn't count.