Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m excited by the prospect of Adam gifting one of his descendants with power, as a way to try to secure a legacy for himself and also get some measure of redemption for killing Aman, but I’m intrigued at how that’s going to play out given Priest insists this will not be a redemption story.

Part of me thinks Adam may end up doing to Malik what he did to Aman.
    Yeah we are either getting an Adam Jr. with Malik or Adam is ending his bloodline.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

So Priest is still incorporating the New 52 origin. I actually wonder if we'll see Isis or Osiris show up at all or be re-integrated into Adams' story.

It's interesting seeing Priest talk about the issues of democracy knowing he was a writer of Black Panther and seeing the criticisms of current democratic Wakanda from BP fans.

It's funny that people are concerned that Dwayne Johnson's movie is going to make Adam too much of an anti-hero while Priest is going full bore on him still being a bad person at the end of the day.

You know what I didn’t realize until now that we haven’t actually seen this new sidekick(?) Malik. Meaning I guess the guy with the bandaged hands is actually Black Adam in his Theo form.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I was expecting the successor to be from Kahndaq but instead he's black. I guess he's very distantly descended from Black Adam?

Also he mentions Osiris and Isis being dead (?).

Wonder how people feel about Bruce getting into politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know what I didn’t realize until now that we haven’t actually seen this new sidekick(?) Malik. Meaning I guess the guy with the bandaged hands is actually Black Adam in his Theo form.
    If it is...he looks young.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was expecting the successor to be from Kahndaq but instead he's black. I guess he's very distantly descended from Black Adam?

Sounds like Priest is running with the new 52 origin for Black Adam but is utilizing that events of 52/World War 3 post Infinite Crisis did in fact take place.
    Words to live by.

I've been largely removed from the comicsphere lately (just a lil more into manga rn) but this is definitely looking like the most intriguing and exciting thing DC's put out all year.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I've been largely removed from the comicsphere lately (just a lil more into manga rn) but this is definitely looking like the most intriguing and exciting thing DC's put out all year.
    Wise decision. Please tell me how to do it successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Priest folded in a lot of old Pre-Flashpoint continuity during his Deathstroke run, clearly he plans on recanonizing 52 and WWIII as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Priest folded in a lot of old Pre-Flashpoint continuity during his Deathstroke run, clearly he plans on recanonizing 52 and WWIII as well.
    If he acknowledges WWIII there is definitely no redemption for Black Adam. He basically murdered a small country of people in that story.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Another good one! I hope that his marketing ideas work!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If he acknowledges WWIII there is definitely no redemption for Black Adam. He basically murdered a small country of people in that story.
    That’s basically what he’s been saying about Adam, so reminding people of that would fit with Priest’s stated plans.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Wise decision. Please tell me how to do it successfully.
    iunno what to tell ya, just traded one fandom for another tbh lol
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    iunno what to tell ya, just traded one fandom for another tbh lol
    I've been wondering where you've been but Mangas not a bad medium to get lost in. So many wonderful stories and the fandoms don't get too bad unless you read mainstream shounens.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

That’s basically what he’s been saying about Adam, so reminding people of that would fit with Priest’s stated plans.
    Haha wow, if that’s in continuity then that means the guy who murdered a country was just on the Justice League.