Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Haha wow, if that’s in continuity then that means the guy who murdered a country was just on the Justice League.
    Well, Lobo murdered his entire race and was also on the Justice League...Harley Quinn killed a bunch of people and might be on the Justice League...I forget how many people Damian Wayne canonically killed...

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Haha wow, if that’s in continuity then that means the guy who murdered a country was just on the Justice League.
    That's what Priest likes to do - highlight contradictions, consequences, and things that create conflict in morality! And make awesome stories about them!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

At some point someone should make a story about mass murderers being accepted into Justice League and what normal people think about it.

Even before Priest seemingly recanonized that, Adam was still a child killer.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Don't let the Anti-Hero push fool you, while he has his ideals and honor, Black Adam's...not that good a guy.

Extraordinary Member

Anybody seen this?

Christopher Priest Using Black Adam To Explore Social Issues
    Legendary comic writer Christopher Priest is taking Black Adam in a new direction from DC Comics in 2022. Christopher Priest recently spoke about his plans for Black Adam. Black Adam is a very important character for DC Comics. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is staring in the character later this year. Dwayne Johnson is the biggest movie star and box office draw in the world. DC Comics letting Priest use Black Adam to explore modern issues is a bit of a gamble. Wes talks about Priest's plans for Black Adam and takes issue with a few of his words.

Thinking Critical

I avoid that channel, so no. I am a righty, so I disagree with Priest on things, but I've always found him to be very thoughtful in those areas where I disagree with him, in such things as his SacredSix, Deathstroke "Chicago" issue, and USAgent miniseries.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Here’s our first look at Malik:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I really love Irvin Rodriguez's covers - they are so gorgeous!

Only thing I dislike is his hero name “Bolt”. Feels generic, and I thought there was already a hero with that name over in Teen Titans Academy? Hope Malik gets a new name, if he survives.

Nothing is a given in a Priest book! Though I'm betting that Adam himself will somehow be alive at the end of the series, whenever it is (still hoping for more than 12 issues, but probably not. Maybe a second season if the comic sells really well, gets a move lift!)

Extraordinary Member

AIPT has a preview but it's just covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Amazing artwork!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Guess Darla isn't the only black Marvel Family character any more .
    Only thing I dislike is his hero name “Bolt”. Feels generic, and I thought there was already a hero with that name over in Teen Titans Academy? Hope Malik gets a new name, if he survives.
    It doesn't really fit with the Black Adam family naming schemes of being based on Egyptian deities. It makes him feel more like a spinoff from Billy or some of the codenames they've had to come up with the Marvel Family since they can't use their normal codenames anymore.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Man Priest must be having the time of his life with all the stuff he's been writing.

Deathstroke, US Agent, Vampirella and a multitude of Vampirella spin-offs, an Inhuman prequel series, and now Black Adam.

Far cry from when he left the industry due to getting fed up with being pigeon holed into being offered only certain characters.