Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I guess Adam is still feeling the loss of the team he was on for, like, five minutes.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks really awesome! I continue to be very excited for this book!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess Adam is still feeling the loss of the team he was on for, like, five minutes.
    Survivor’s guilt and also a huge blow to his ego to fail like that helps explain why he might be taking it hard.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Very cool stuff, but very bummed to hear it's just 12 issues. A good length, but I wish it was ongoing. Maybe we can get a season 2!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Did that trailer just announce it's a 12 issue series? I didn't realize that before.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Did that trailer just announce it's a 12 issue series? I didn't realize that before.
    Yeah, I think it was new information. Sad day.

If it sells well enough it might get bumped up to an ongoing, but Tom King does well with all his minis, wouldn’t mind Priest getting to write more minis as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I know it's probably just a cover, but it'd be nice if Billy actually showed up in this book (even if that wouldn't work continuity-wise because he's supposed to be gone so Mary can takeover. Maybe Mary will show up?).

I know it's probably just a cover, but it'd be nice if Billy actually showed up in this book (even if that wouldn't work continuity-wise because he's supposed to be gone so Mary can takeover. Maybe Mary will show up?).
    Man, the delay of Mary Marvel's miniseries is killing me.

That being said, I'm SUPER pumped for Black Adam! I really hope we can all buy it so it can get a second season or more Priest miniseries!

Did we know the new guy was actually related to Adam?

Also the way Priest writes it makes it sound like Adam went “hmm, maybe I can make my own Jon Kent?”
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-20-2022 at 07:40 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

That was a really good interview. I love his take on the character. Priest is just one of the best writers around. Can’t wait for this book.

Sounds like he’ll be a more classic version of Black Adam and not the watered down version Bendis had on the Justice League.

Good for DC for allowing him to touch on some sociopolitical issues and show Adam as a antihero/villain instead of demanding a fluffy movie tie.
    Last edited by Robotman; 05-20-2022 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Did we know the new guy was actually related to Adam?

Also the way Priest writes it makes it sound like Adam went “hmm, maybe I can make my own Jon Kent?”
    I’m excited by the prospect of Adam gifting one of his descendants with power, as a way to try to secure a legacy for himself and also get some measure of redemption for killing Aman, but I’m intrigued at how that’s going to play out given Priest insists this will not be a redemption story.

Part of me thinks Adam may end up doing to Malik what he did to Aman.
    Last edited by Vordan; 05-20-2022 at 10:14 PM.

Really exciting issue! I love how Priest really thinks about the consequences of things, but still embraces the comic book world. I really hope this does well, too!