Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I definitely enjoyed the first issue. Interested to see Black Adam combatting a democracy movement in Kahndaq. I did find Malik a little grating but as was said, he's probably supposed to be a talkative dork. Also curious about his human form, he looked young but with gray hair?

Really good first issue. I’m looking forward to how all this plays out and if Isis or Osiris are involved.

Seeing Malik in the Shazam costume reminds me that post-Crisis Captain Marvel was almost black.

Roy Thomas (according to the Comics Buyers Guide #538 in 1984) proposed, along with SHAZAM! artist, Don Newton, a bold re-invention of the character for "Earth 1". He proposed making both Cap and Billy black. He even went further in his proposal that DC could call this version "Capt. Thunder" as a way to distinguish him from the "Earth S" version, even though the multiple Earths concept had often allowed DC to maintain 2 separate versions of characters with the same names and powers (Green Lantern, Superman, Flash, etc.).

DC rejected the proposal.

I'm sure fans back in 1984 would have lost their damn minds, but it would have been super cool.
    Last edited by Robotman; 06-27-2022 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Seeing Malik in the Shazam costume reminds me that post-Crisis Captain Marvel was almost black.

Roy Thomas (according to the Comics Buyers Guide #538 in 1984) proposed, along with SHAZAM! artist, Don Newton, a bold re-invention of the character for "Earth 1". He proposed making both Cap and Billy black. He even went further in his proposal that DC could call this version "Capt. Thunder" as a way to distinguish him from the "Earth S" version, even though the multiple Earths concept had often allowed DC to maintain 2 separate versions of characters with the same names and powers (Green Lantern, Superman, Flash, etc.).

DC rejected the proposal.

I'm sure fans back in 1984 would have lost their damn minds, but it would have been super cool.
    This would have shook things up. Especially if Mary was black too.