Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    What did he say? I can't find anything on the subject.
    I apologize for linking to this site, as I don't really like it, but the original interview seems to have been deleted when sites were merged/acquisitions made: https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...n-free-speech/
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I apologize for linking to this site, as I don't really like it, but the original interview seems to have been deleted when sites were merged/acquisitions made: https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...n-free-speech/
    Ah, I see. Thank you. It was very informative. I'll refrain from commenting on it since this is not the thread for that kind of discussion.

Of course. I don't really want to start anything controversial, but wanted to provide what he actually said (as much as possible) rather than just hearsay.

Back to Black Adam - I confess that the more I read about this series, the more excited I get. It sounds like he's putting the same kind of careful thought into this issue that he did with Deathstroke and I assume he does with his Vampirella stuff!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Of course. I don't really want to start anything controversial, but wanted to provide what he actually said (as much as possible) rather than just hearsay.

Back to Black Adam - I confess that the more I read about this series, the more excited I get. It sounds like he's putting the same kind of careful thought into this issue that he did with Deathstroke and I assume he does with his Vampirella stuff!
    Thanks for sharing the interview I forgot all about it, I don’t read much DC but I definitely will be buying Black Adam now

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Thanks for sharing the interview I forgot all about it, I don’t read much DC but I definitely will be buying Black Adam now
    Hooray! Let's make this a big series! Prove to DC that non-Batman stories can work, and maybe also to let them give Priest a Batman story!

Interesting...

To say the very least.

BANNED

This sounds intriguing. I don't really much idea about Priest's work except for his Black Panther but going by his reputation that the fact that BLACK ADAM is finally getting his own book again sounds surreal. I am hyped. Give me more Kahndaq.

I will be reading this run, that's all that needs to be said.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

now this sounds badass, a phrase that shares key letters with the name black adam, i hope he stops american/saudi imperialism in yemen
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Ultimate Member

Lets not link websites that toss out toxic nonsense.

That site just took what they wanted and have tried to use what he says to attack everyone. It cherry picks what it wants.

Here is a better link.

http://vampirellaofdrakulon.com/chri...uper-hero-hype

The man did not say anything that he has NOT said over his entire career.

What they did NOT notice in his writing is how slowly diverse the book he does gets over time.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Lets not link websites that toss out toxic nonsense.

That site just took what they wanted and have tried to use what he says to attack everyone. It cherry picks what it wants.

Here is a better link.

http://vampirellaofdrakulon.com/chri...uper-hero-hype

The man did not say anything that he has NOT said over his entire career.

What they did NOT notice in his writing is how slowly diverse the book he does gets over time.
    For clarification - not discussion - do you mean he didn't say the following?

(Spoiler-tagged for people who want to ignore the discussion)
    spoilers:
    “It’s like the world woke up in the last few years and realized we actually have two genders and both of them matter.
    So we now have heightened scrutiny of themes and behaviors and that poor bastard Joe Biden gets caught up in the switches. I’ll confess, I’m terrified of women because I’m a Joe Biden. I was taught to pay a lady a compliment and open doors and I want to be friendly and accessible but I’m absolutely terrified of having my good intentions taken in a bizarrely paranoid light.”

“It is comical to me that I am far too often seen as creepy by women – especially black women – because they have been conditioned by their personal experience and their media consumption to misinterpret a simple “Hello.” These days I cannot pay a woman a complement without a legal preamble and assurances that, no, I am not hitting on you and even then I get the skunk eye of suspicion.

Which is a little insulting because this “guilty until proven innocent” defensive posture presumes I am other people or that the bar is set so low for me that I’ll jump into bed with just anybody I happen to meet. It’s like we’ve just gone too far now to the point where women are not just being protected but being alienated to some extent because I have no earthly clue how to deal with them and I’m frankly scared to shake their hand.”
    end of spoilers

I believe that skyvolt is saying that Priest has been consistent. He wasn't saying something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m so hyped for Kahndaq world building! Definitely looks like he’s going to be taking lessons learned from Black Panther and applying them here.
    Priest definitely said all the right things so I’m hyped for this.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

So happy about the Kahndaq setting and world-building.
    I was so disappointed when Vixen’s Webtoon series was announced as focusing on NYC. DC really needs to explore new settings outside the US.

Mighty Member

I believe that skyvolt is saying that Priest has been consistent. He wasn't saying something new.
    I just know that Christopher Priest has been consistent in ****-talking Wonder Woman, and portaying her accordingly:

I couldn't relate to white women in tiaras talking Big Talk and having exotic conflicts over exotic dangers. The last time I remember enjoying the book was when Denny O'Neil, Mike Sekowsky and Larry Hama (editor) took her powers away, killed Steve Trevor, and dressed her in miniskirts and go-go boots. Denny is just a genius. And he wasn't particularly fond of the I-Ching era. But it was daring. It had an idea, a way to make all of this dusty Greek mythology relevant to Joe Lunchbox.
    , this is apparently his idea of how to make all this dusty greek mythology relevant to Joe Lunchbox, not that long ago:

, and this is his Wonder Woman milestone, in his own words in his apology:

I really ticked 'em off. In this essay, written two years ago, I referred to my WW story, The 18th Letter, as being a "milestone," while complaining about how the story and the book was handled by DC. Fans of Wonder Woman found my essay and complained bitterly on message boards, taking me completely apart limb by limb. As I explained on the DC Message board, The 18th Letter was a milestone in the sense that it is the first story of it's kind: a villain commits atrocities in order to blackmail Wonder Woman into sleeping with him. To my knowledge, that story has not been done before, therefore, yeah, I'd say ...Letter was, indeed, a milestone in WW lore. "Milestone" doesn't mean "greatest story ever written," or, for that matter, even, "good." It just means it's a first.
    That women find him creppy kind of seems to fit to his milestone to be honest, but he had as far as i know at least also let Thor go down to a normal bullet to the head in his Black Panther run, so maybe Black Adam will develop an illogical weakness to indirect gun-fire that negates all his speed, senses, and reflexes to also make this dusty egyptian mythology relevant to Joe Lunchbox.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 04-15-2022 at 01:02 AM.