Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

That is...a lot. And really seems to be a lot of pretty personal attacks. Fairly gross.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I forgot that Priest hates WW, well keep her away from him and all should be well.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That is...a lot. And really seems to be a lot of pretty personal attacks. Fairly gross.
    Well the character Wonder Woman is at least just fiction, such personal attacks are not as bad as against real people, but if he says that woman find him creepy and called it a milestone to write a blackmail to rape story for the female superhero that is a pretty bad look for him.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 04-15-2022 at 10:46 AM.

This reminds me of why I didn't like Priests' Justice League run. I remember feeling like the minority on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me of why I didn't like Priests' Justice League run. I remember feeling like the minority on that one.
    I'm pretty sure most people didn't like it, actually. I've only found a few people like myself who liked that run.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm pretty sure most people didn't like it, actually. I've only found a few people like myself who liked that run.
    I think I remember people heaping praise for it as a breath of fresh air, at least before some of the weirder elements (Batman kissing Jessica Cruz? Wut!?) started cropping up more, but it was a really long time ago...

I think I remember people heaping praise for it as a breath of fresh air, at least before some of the weirder elements (Batman kissing Jessica Cruz? Wut!?) started cropping up more, but it was a really long time ago...
    There was a lot of excitement going in, but I think most people just found it too off kilter.

I still think it was pretty great. But I don't like most JL runs.

I'm one of few that liked it and it possibly is my favourite JL run since Morrison's JLA (and maybe Busiek's CSA story). And I'm not saying that Priest's run is amazing, but that JL runs are usually trash. So maybe Priest's run was for people who don't really like JL. Either way I can totally see why lots of people ended up disliking it.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm one of few that liked it and it possibly is my favourite JL run since Morrison's JLA (and maybe Busiek's CSA story). And I'm not saying that Priest's run is amazing, but that JL runs are usually trash. So maybe Priest's run was for people who don't really like JL. Either way I can totally see why lots of people ended up disliking it.
    Yeah, I kind of think Priest's run was definitely for people who don't really like JL. I really liked the workplace setup, and the grittier personal interaction stuff. Even though the Jessica kissing Batman stuff was still kinda weird and random.

I mean, I try to open to new takes and I'm not going to say that every JL run is fantastic, but Priests' felt so clinical and the characterization/voices so off that it just really took me out of it.

I mean, I try to open to new takes and I'm not going to say that every JL run is fantastic, but Priests' felt so clinical and the characterization/voices so off that it just really took me out of it.
    Well, part of not being a fan of the JL is that the voices aren't very firmly ingrained into my brain, so I don't mind the changes. I'm here for Priest's voice, similar to how I enjoy Tom King and Brian Bendis's voices. I do like it sometimes when a writer can disappear into the characters, but I also like someone who has a really strong, recognizable voice.

Or sometimes I dislike it, like I do with Scott Snyder. Yes, I know I'm weird.

BLACK ADAM #2
    Written by CHRISTOPHER PRIEST
    Art by RAFA SANDOVAL
    Cover by IRVIN RODRIGUEZ
    Variant covers by RAFA SANDOVAL and BRANDON PETERSON
    1:25 variant cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 7/19/22

"I am not a hero, I'm a god." Who is Black Adam? His power and his very life draining from him, Theo Teth-Adam is confronted by a specter from his past haunting him with the treachery he employed to gain his powers and forcing him to confront an inescapable truth: there is no redemption for Black Adam.
    Definitely not an anti-hero book. I can’t wait!
    It was described as a “JL by way of the Authority” book to me, and that fits. The overall plot is pure comic book insanity, a crazed fan tries to destroy the JL, but it also explores ideas related to the League’s jurisdiction, deconstructs Batman being on every team by having him actually suffer for it, and throws the League into global politics in a way they can’t punch their way out of. I get that “realistic” isn’t to everyone’s taste, hell it’s usually not to my taste either, but with every League run trying to go “bigger and bombastic” and constantly bringing in the Omniverse so the JL can punch out the anthropomorphic concept of entropy, I do think a run like Priest’s has its place. I thought it was good but marred by several bad creative choices like the out of nowhere Bruce/Jess kiss. I’d still check out a second shot at the title from Priest, but I also think a book like Black Adam is where he will get to shine.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Definitely not an anti-hero book. I can’t wait!

It was described as a “JL by way of the Authority” book to me, and that fits. The overall plot is pure comic book insanity, a crazed fan tries to destroy the JL, but it also explores ideas related to the League’s jurisdiction, deconstructs Batman being on every team by having him actually suffer for it, and throws the League into global politics in a way they can’t punch their way out of. I get that “realistic” isn’t to everyone’s taste, hell it’s usually not to my taste either, but with every League run trying to go “bigger and bombastic” and constantly bringing in the Omniverse so the JL can punch out the anthropomorphic concept of entropy, I do think a run like Priest’s has its place. I thought it was good but marred by several bad creative choices like the out of nowhere Bruce/Jess kiss. I’d still check out a second shot at the title from Priest, but I also think a book like Black Adam is where he will get to shine.
    I personally really love the way the run ended with Wonder Woman doing flyovers to protect the refugees, and Red Lion musing about the "just us" league and how Diana is a symbol that they are more than "just us".

And I am extremely excited about this Black Adam book - I really hope we can get at least 3 years of it!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am interested..
    Especially this image got me that way.Gladiator boots!!FTW!!!
    I think he's writing it like a Black Adam book - Adam wants to do good and find redemption but his own personal ethics and anger get in the way.
    What do you mean by redemption?
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-17-2022 at 10:26 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am interested..
    Especially this image got me that way.Gladiator boots!!FTW!!!

What do you mean by redemption?
    I'm very excited about Sandoval on art, too, though I kinda wish Carlo Pagulayan would come along from Deathstroke, at least for some fill in issues!