Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Nubia: Queen of the Amazons

June 7th will also see the release of Nubia: Queen of the Amazons, a new four-issue series from writer Stephanie Williams and artists Alitha Martinez and Mark Morales. Artists Khary Randolph (main), Jae Lee (open-to-order), and Martinez (1:25) will provide covers for the first issue of the series, which picks up immediately following May’s Nubia Coronation Special.
    Last edited by Hypo; 03-15-2022 at 07:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Pretty good 2 year stretch for Nubia fans - Future State, Nubia and the Amazons, the coronation special, the YA OGN and now this.

Wow amazing news!!

The cover or a variant IDK

Woot~ Im hyped for this!

Prefer this Io design to the one she's had in her recent appearances.

This made my day. Especially with most of the creative team from Nubia & The Amazons returning. Of all the Wonder Family characters, Nubia's my favorite (beyond Diana, obvs) and the one I think that has the potential to break out to the mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Prefer this Io design to the one she's had in her recent appearances.
    I found her look in N&TA to be really jarring. It's the one design that I just can't get behind. I need bulky butch Io from Rucka's run, not some generic woman with short hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    This made my day. Especially with most of the creative team from Nubia & The Amazons returning. Of all the Wonder Family characters, Nubia's my favorite (beyond Diana, obvs) and the one I think that has the potential to break out to the mainstream.

I found her look in N&TA to be really jarring. It's the one design that I just can't get behind. I need bulky butch Io from Rucka's run, not some generic woman with short hair.
    I keep forgetting it's her until some calls her "Io".

So happy to see we are getting more Nubia and the other amazons. I wonder what titles the former Queens of their tribes will have now?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Ill definitely read it but...doesnt seem like there's no status quo change. Probably should've saved her being Queen for this instead of making her Queen before Trial.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    So happy to see we are getting more Nubia and the other amazons. I wonder what titles the former Queens of their tribes will have now?
    As if Faruka would give up her crown lol. She probably marched back to Egypt.

This time I think she will be the queen of a united Amazon nation. But I still expect characters like Farouka and maybe Potira to be handling the day to day of each tribe.
    Also, I'll be shocked if Phillipus isn't the new guardian/champion.

Im quite looking forward to this. ^^
    The last Nubia mini excelled at fleshing out the Amazons and making them feel more real and fully realized as individuals. Which is a huge improvement over those long stretches where a new writer would make a few Amazons only for the following writer to forget them.

If the crisis crossover ends with the other tribes having stronger relations with Themyscira, then that gives us more avenues to see played with. Maybe more explanation for the Esquecida.
    Given they have been getting to the island by using an Amazonian stargate from the embassy, im guessing we will see those installed in the other two Amazon cities

Solicit for first issue

NUBIA: QUEEN OF THE AMAZONS #1
    Written by STEPHANIE WILLIAMS
    Art by ALITHA MARTINEZ and MARK MORALES
    Cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    Variant cover by JAE LEE
    1:25 variant cover by ALITHA MARTINEZ
    PRIDE variant cover by KEVIN WADA
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 1 of 4 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 6/7/22

Nubia may be queen, but not all Amazons call Themyscira home, which prompts the new monarch to leave Themyscira for the first time in decades to serve her people in a way Hippolyta never had the opportunity to. Now, as she embarks on her tour through Man’s World to show off the newly established sisterhood, she will be met with joy, distrust, and danger. As she travels to the homes of both the Bana-Mighdall and Esquecida tribes, something lurks in the shadows following her every move. A villain from Nubia’s mysterious past has been waiting for the day the queen joined the outside world again, and they’re ready to make her wish she never left the paradise! Taking place right after the Nubia: Coronation Special, a second miniseries for the fan-favorite Amazon begins! You won’t want to miss the exciting new adventures of the one true queen, brought to you by the creative team behind Nubia & the Amazons—writer Stephanie Williams and artist Alitha Martinez!

another variant cover

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

...so Hippolyta gave up the crown to go to Mans World and now Nubia is going to Mans World but retaining her crown?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    ...so Hippolyta gave up the crown to go to Mans World and now Nubia is going to Mans World but retaining her crown?
    she is visiting the other tribes, duties of a Queen.