Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

NUBIA: QUEEN OF THE AMAZONS #3
    Written by STEPHANIE WILLIAMS
    Art by ALITHA MARTINEZ and MARK MORALES
    Cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    Variant cover by JULIET NNEKA
    Swimsuit variant cover by DERRICK CHEW
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 3 of 4 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 8/2/22

With Nubia on the mend, she'll need all the help she can get to battle the powerful villain
    behind it all: Zillah. Enter Hawkgirl and the new Wonder Girl…Yara Flor! But there is
    something more to this vendetta against Nubia and her efforts to bring peace to Man's
    World. Could Zillah be connected to our queen's life before she became an Amazon? Find
    out in the penultimate issue of this fan-favorite miniseries!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Finally! Some team ups! I've been itching to see Nubia meet other heroes in the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I was thinking that with Nubia being a lesbian, DC decides to have a queer character in the wonderverse and takes Diana out of the eye of the storm to continue developing her as a cis straight white woman...
    Well, a ****, right?
    I think they will always claim she is bisexual but will never outright show it on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    Developing..? I’m pretty sure that with an 80 year publication history she was already established as such until some folks only recently suggested (or demanded, depending on how you look at it) she be otherwise.
    I think she has always been implicitly not straight even if she explicitly wasn't. Definitely queer coded even if it may or may not have been the authors original intention.

We are slowly moving towards a future where we don't assume straight is the default sexuality.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Nubia: Queen of the Amazons #1 Preview
    Writer: Stephanie Williams
    Pencils: Alitha Martinez

Oh hey, Tawny Young! The HQ cartoon helped bring her back, I guess .

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Preview for issue #1: https://bigcomicpage.com/2022/06/04/...s-1-dc-comics/

Is that Dr. Cyber?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post

Is that Dr. Cyber?
    At first, I thought so, but the skin looks darker and you can see what looks like an afro sticking out of the top. A future solicit also talks about a new villain. I'm assuming that isn't Dr. Cyber.

I thought it was Dr. Cyber too and they were kind of going back to her old human form look, but that might be too big a change.

I feel like it’s her daughter from her past life. The one from the coronation

Is that Dr. Cyber?
    No. It is not Dr. Cyber. It is a brand-new villain specifically created for Nubia named Zillah. Eagle-eyed readers will remember a character of the same name from the Coronation Special. And if this is indeed her, Nubia is in for some heartbreak.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    No. It is not Dr. Cyber. It is a brand-new villain specifically created for Nubia named Zillah. Eagle-eyed readers will remember a character of the same name from the Coronation Special. And if this is indeed her, Nubia is in for some heartbreak.
    Now I suddenly imagine she has flame breath and can transform into a lizard (forgive me if there's actual cultural significance to the name "Zillah").

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post

Thanks for sharing. I'll admit that making her appearance so similar to Dr. Cyber's is kind of odd, especially with them both being Wonder Family villains.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Thanks for sharing. I'll admit that making her appearance so similar to Dr. Cyber's is kind of odd, especially with them both being Wonder Family villains.
    It might be an intentional homage.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Probably an intentional diversion. We are lead to think it's Dr Cyber or a version of her until the real reveal is dropped.

Before checking the link, somebody mentioned dark skin and afro and my first thought was the Cyborg Girl from Jimenez's run. Now that I think about it, she would make a good villain for Nubia as well.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Probably an intentional diversion. We are lead to think it's Dr Cyber or a version of her until the real reveal is dropped.

Before checking the link, somebody mentioned dark skin and afro and my first thought was the Cyborg Girl from Jimenez's run. Now that I think about it, she would make a good villain for Nubia as well.

Cyborgirl would a cool villain to see return. I just hope this new villain has a real connection to Dr. Cyber since she looks so much like her.

Screenshot_20220606-221448_YouTube.jpg
    Ok this is a really cool look. And I can definitely see the similarities with Dr Cyber. One more reason why the Rebirth version sucked, her design was so forgettable. And I like the name Zillah. Hope she sticks around
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-06-2022 at 05:07 PM.