Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

It doesn’t say she’s staying in man’s world. She’s visiting the homes of the other tribes. Times are differing from when the legendary queen held the title.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    It doesn’t say she’s staying in man’s world. She’s visiting the homes of the other tribes. Times are differing from when the legendary queen held the title.
    I guess that makes it more acceptable. I never really saw Hippolyta as staying in Mans World so it didnt make sense to me to give up the crown but of course...thats partially because we know Diana was going to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I guess that makes it more acceptable. I never really saw Hippolyta as staying in Mans World so it didnt make sense to me to give up the crown but of course...thats partially because we know Diana was going to come back.
    I totally agree with you. I wish Hippolyta had the chance to do this. I love her as Queen! But they are really doing something new with Nubia and her role as Queen. This won’t be forever tho. The eternal queen will return again.

My friend thinks Dc is being racist towards Nubia due to her not leaving paradise island or not having any ties outside. I told her that's not true but she also said it's just how she feels. What do you all think. With how the Wonder Woman family have gotten outside and Nubia stay it has no big storylines. I keep telling one she didn't appear for years and two it's already difficult for Editors to use certain characters already. I think she just projected how dc hasn't use their minority cast well

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    My friend thinks Dc is being racist towards Nubia due to her not leaving paradise island or not having any ties outside. I told her that's not true but she also said it's just how she feels. What do you all think. With how the Wonder Woman family have gotten outside and Nubia stay it has no big storylines. I keep telling one she didn't appear for years and two it's already difficult for Editors to use certain characters already. I think she just projected how dc hasn't use their minority cast well
    ....she left the island in Future State. She's leaving the island in her new mini. She's an Amazon. Having her on the island isn't racist. Her original appearance had her on a different island she never left.

....she left the island in Future State. She's leaving the island in her new mini. She's an Amazon. Having her on the island isn't racist. Her original appearance had her on a different island she never left.
    I tried telling her that but she wouldn't listen. She just kept saying all of this stuff because she has issues with how Dc uses black characters. I hope me and her can talk about Nubia again without her getting angry about the character.
    I can tell you why she said her appearance was racist and her name. Overall her comment is that Nubia hair generally is afro, braids or locs. Which isn't even 100% truth. She has curly or straight hair a few times. She doesn't know about Wonder Woman has well so she is just using a blanket term for all black characters she thinks are getting treated badly. I hope she gets to learn about the characters.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-26-2022 at 08:35 PM.

DC needs to do right by Nubia and give her an Ongoing it's been too Long and these Lil mini's are ok but she needs a Series those are just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    DC needs to do right by Nubia and give her an Ongoing it's been too Long and these Lil mini's are ok but she needs a Series those are just my thoughts.
    Ongoings arent anything different from the mini's. If the mini's are successful they continue. If an ongoing is not successful, it gets cancelled.

Art by Joshua "Sway" Swaby
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Her outfit got a bit of a superhero update....not feeling the boots (at least not the kitten heels)

Nice!!! But where are Apollo and Midnighter, and who is the woman at the end of the row?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Nice!!! But where are Apollo and Midnighter, and who is the woman at the end of the row?
    Dreamer from Supergirl tv series. First trans superhero.

Unless DC is going to adapt her into comics, it's weird to feature her just to get brownie points.

Dreamer from Supergirl tv series. First trans superhero.

Unless DC is going to adapt her into comics, it's weird to feature her just to get brownie points.
    Ahh so she is Dreamer... Yes, it was announced that the actress who plays her has a project for DC, maybe a mini.

I was thinking that with Nubia being a lesbian, DC decides to have a queer character in the wonderverse and takes Diana out of the eye of the storm to continue developing her as a cis straight white woman...
    Well, a ****, right?

Yup (10 charcts)