Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Nubia has been the best I've read in these two years, what a pleasure.
    This issue is no less and is presented full of action with exquisite dialogues.
    Zillah turns out to be a great threat in physical terms and also gives us more information about the past and culture of Nubia's previous life.
    The art is wonderful, and I can't imagine a Nubia ongoing without Williams and Martinez.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Lol Yara called the Bond villain look. Would’ve preferred “you seem like you wrote Pull Up to the Bumper” but we love it anyway.

Hoping this mini isn’t the last we see of her - giving her a redemption arc would be a nice thematic tie to what happened with Medusa in the first series. It’d be neat to see her as a recruit into the new, united Amazons, i.e. picking that tradition up from the Bana. Was also great to see Yara though I’m still really not clear on how strong she’s supposed to be…

This issue was a bit exposition-heavy for my taste but they have a lot of ground to cover in 4 issues so I get it. I really hope they take some of the world-building elements they established here and include them in the main WW book, including the floating island, Themyscira opening up, and Bia as oracle (is this the first time they’ve addressed that or did I miss something?).
    Bia has been an Oracle since a little bit after she was introduced.

Nubia: Queen of the Amazons #4 Preview
    Writer: Stephanie Williams
    Artist: Alitha Martinez