Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I feel like this series has a lot of interesting things going on but I m on the fence about continuing as a tradewaiter since I liked issues 1 through 6 way more than 7 through 12 and hope the story recovers. Never seeing Woodrue again would be great and I dislike his Groot design but road movie feel and Pam travelling was so so great.

Extraordinary Member

Poison Ivy #18 Preview
    Writer: G. Willow Wilson
    Artist: Luana Vecchio

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Poison Ivy #18 Preview
    Artist: Luana Vecchio

Ivy teaming-up with the Gotham City heavies! She even speaks Grundy!

Ivy unintentionally starting The Last of Us was not on my Bingo Card. But I'm here for it!

Also I do hope this unintentional throuple becomes an intentional one lol Janet fits quite well with the both of them for different reasons, and I just like Janet as a character XD She's a great juxtapose between Harley and Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Ivy unintentionally starting The Last of Us was not on my Bingo Card. But I'm here for it!

Also I do hope this unintentional throuple becomes an intentional one lol Janet fits quite well with the both of them for different reasons, and I just like Janet as a character XD She's a great juxtapose between Harley and Ivy.
    I feel like Janet is doomed either as a third wheel or just from being around Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Janet is doomed either as a third wheel or just from being around Ivy.
    I'd say as Ivy actively tries to make sure Janet is safe. Even having Harley look after her whenever she's not around. Janet obviously means something to Ivy.

I'll also say she's thankfully also immune, thanks to Ivy. That said, I do hope Janet sticks around. Their three person dynamic is something I thoroughly enjoy, and having them as a throuple would be nice.

It would help wash the terrible taste in my mouth on reading that Scandal Savage and her wives have been downgraded to just 'girlfriends' and Scandal is helping Vandal now.. But the less that story is talked about the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    I'd say as Ivy actively tries to make sure Janet is safe. Even having Harley look after her whenever she's not around. Janet obviously means something to Ivy.

I'll also say she's thankfully also immune, thanks to Ivy. That said, I do hope Janet sticks around. Their three person dynamic is something I thoroughly enjoy, and having them as a throuple would be nice.

It would help wash the terrible taste in my mouth on reading that Scandal Savage and her wives have been downgraded to just 'girlfriends' and Scandal is helping Vandal now.. But the less that story is talked about the better.
    That's honestly what puts her in the most danger.

But yeah, Scandal was not handled well in Gotham War.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's honestly what puts her in the most danger.

But yeah, Scandal was not handled well in Gotham War.
    Makes her the "civilian" in the relationship. She's also doing the work for Ivy that she(and obviously Harley) can't do on that kind of street level. So it definitely feels like there's a definitely role for her in the dynamic of things outside of just the relationship.

But Janet being potentially in danger is why Ivy has Harley shadow her to keep her out of it if it finds her.

Funnily enough she has both Harley and Batman watching out for her

Extraordinary Member

POISON IVY #21
    Written by G. WILLOW WILSON
    Art by MARCIO TAKARA
    Cover by JESSICA FONG
    Variant cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    Variant cover by BABS TARR
    1:25 variant cover by BILQUIS EVELY
    1:50 variant cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/2/24

Who’s black, grey, and green all over? Batman. Uncover how Poison Ivy and the Dark Knight Detective himself first came to blows in the final chapter of G. Willow Wilson and Marcio Takara’s unforgettable Origin of Species storyline.

I expect this will not be flattering for Batman .

Incredible Member

It's interesting that the origin arc is only 3 issues long- i had figured it would be six issues to fit a trade. Not that I'm complaining

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    It's interesting that the origin arc is only 3 issues long- i had figured it would be six issues to fit a trade. Not that I'm complaining
    Wonder if they'll still advertise it in trades as "Poison Ivy: Year One."

Extraordinary Member

Poison Ivy #19 Preview
    Artist: Marcio Takara

It's funny how Pam is supposed to be a smart woman but practically everyone in college was telling her not to get involved with Woodrue. He was like her biggest blind spot.

But hey, Alec and Linda cameo!

Extraordinary Member

POISON IVY #22
    Written by G. WILLOW WILSON
    Art by MARCIO TAKARA
    Cover by JESSICA FONG
    Variant cover by FRANK CHO
    Variant cover by R. KIKUO JOHNSON
    1:25 variant cover by ELIZABETH TORQUE
    1:50 variant cover by FRANK CHO
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 5/7/24

PART 1 of 3 of THE EXPLOSIVE CLIMAX OF YEAR TWO OF POISON IVY!

The end times are upon Pamela Isley. The rotten seeds she has sown across America have come home to roost, and her greatest enemy has torn himself from her flesh. With the verdant villainess on death’s door, is there any hope…for the rest of the world, or has the reign of Dr. Jason Woodrue, the Floronic Man, begun?