Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Incredible Member

Incredible Member

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Really want to read this series, but I'm trade-waiting for the softcovers. So I'll be a good 2 years behind.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if it's because Wilson's just writing from Pam's perspective or not but we keep seeing this idea that the problem is Batman being unwilling to listen to her perspective or not think she's trying to manipulate him (even if she isn't). Though him thinking she was using pheromones on him if she wasn't was...a choice.
    That scene felt more about how Ivy interpreted things over what actually happened. Yeah, her trying to approach him and persuade him was the smart move, but she already burned that bridge when she fought Batman and Robin and manipulated the cops. Between all that and the way she was touching him near the end, I don't blame Batman for thinking she was trying to seduce him. Also, he's a bit green (heh) himself at that point, so his harshness towards her could be chalked up to his own inexperience.

Also, we know that Pam hasn't written him off as much as she says either. She calls that encounter "bittersweet" more than outright bad. She still went to him for help (both in her imagination and in reality) and still thought he'll see things her way one day.

Also this issue convinced me there is no topping the classic Poison Ivy costume.
    I was a little disappointed it was her B:TAS costume instead of her first appearance one, but she still looked very good! Also liked the page where she awakens her powers.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    That scene felt more about how Ivy interpreted things over what actually happened. Yeah, her trying to approach him and persuade him was the smart move, but she already burned that bridge when she fought Batman and Robin and manipulated the cops. Between all that and the way she was touching him near the end, I don't blame Batman for thinking she was trying to seduce him. Also, he's a bit green (heh) himself at that point, so his harshness towards her could be chalked up to his own inexperience.

Also, we know that Pam hasn't written him off as much as she says either. She calls that encounter "bittersweet" more than outright bad. She still went to him for help (both in her imagination and in reality) and still thought he'll see things her way one day.
    Fair. And it's not like she was really coming around, it was more like "I'm an eco-terrorist, you put fear into criminals, aren't we basically the same?"

Though it does make her come off a bit like someone who wanted a relationship, got rejected, and was a bit bitter about it .
    I was a little disappointed it was her B:TAS costume instead of her first appearance one, but she still looked very good! Also liked the page where she awakens her powers.
    Yeah, I think the closest I've seen to someone drawing her original comic look was Dan Mora in World's Finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Fair. And it's not like she was really coming around, it was more like "I'm an eco-terrorist, you put fear into criminals, aren't we basically the same?"

Though it does make her come off a bit like someone who wanted a relationship, got rejected, and was a bit bitter about it .

Yeah, I think the closest I've seen to someone drawing her original comic look was Dan Mora in World's Finest.
    And we thank them for it!

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

So is that how they'll fix fungal Ivy? Killing her. Poor Pam has died a lot lately lol.

Hopefully this is not the last issue. I'm loving this series and would be excited to see a more normal Ivy.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Other ending series were a bit more explicit about the series ending so I figure that this one will keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Other ending series were a bit more explicit about the series ending so I figure that this one will keep going.
    Especially when it's a sales success.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Davison View Post

So is that how they'll fix fungal Ivy? Killing her. Poor Pam has died a lot lately lol.

Hopefully this is not the last issue. I'm loving this series and would be excited to see a more normal Ivy.
    Better look at the covers: