Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Let Ivy be Ivy and get her far away from Harley. She needs to be for her own sake. Keep 'em broken up for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Let Ivy be Ivy and get her far away from Harley. She needs to be for her own sake. Keep 'em broken up for now.
    Yeah, I might get flack for this, but I am in no rush to see them together again right now.

Incredible Member

I much prefer Ivy as a villain anyway. Let Harley have a new girlfriend.

It's funny how you think this is a controversial opinion when it's generally all you see on this board. Ivy and Harley being broken up is the popular opinion here and it's the status quo at DC. So I'm not sure why it's seen as otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    It's funny how you think this is a controversial opinion when it's generally all you see on this board. Ivy and Harley being broken up is the popular opinion here and it's the status quo at DC. So I'm not sure why it's seen as otherwise.
    TBF Bruce is one of the least popular Bat-family members on this board I wouldn't take this board as an accurate reflection of the fandom's opinion.

The truth is the Harley & Ivy pairing is incredibly popular, possibly more popular than Harley's popularity as a solo character, especially after the animated series. Even its spin-off comic based on the pair sold like hot cakes. Even that mediocre to terrible Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy mini-series from 2019-2020 sold well.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    TBF Bruce is one of the least popular Bat-family members on this board I wouldn't take this board as an accurate reflection of the fandom's opinion.

The truth is the Harley & Ivy pairing is incredibly popular, possibly more popular than Harley's popularity as a solo character, especially after the animated series. Even its spin-off comic based on the pair sold like hot cakes. Even that mediocre to terrible Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy mini-series from 2019-2020 sold well.
    Yeah this board is really not a fan of anything related to Harley so I don't really look for balanced opinions about her on here. I was really just making the point that saying they want the pair broken is a popular on opinion on this board. I doubt Harley will feature in this book at all since it's literally based after they broke up, so it's strange that so many comments are related to it.

I will be buying it regardless I'm hoping it moves Ivy's story ahead since the whole antihero thing has been put to bed.
    Ivy.jpg
    Also I really love this.

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Yeah this board is really not a fan of anything related to Harley so I don't really look for balanced opinions about her on here. I was really just making the point that saying they want the pair broken is a popular on opinion on this board. I doubt Harley will feature in this book at all since it's literally based after they broke up, so it's strange that so many comments are related to it.

I will be buying it regardless I'm hoping it moves Ivy's story ahead since the whole antihero thing has been put to bed.
    Ivy.jpg
    Also I really love this.
    I think the writer and art have teased that Harley will be important in absentia despite the breakup.

Extraordinary Member

Poison Ivy #1 Preview
    Writer: G. Willow Wilson
    Artist: Marcio Takara

So now she has green speech bubbles...

Ivy's M.O. here seems to be a bit like Mr. Bloom's from Scott Snyder's run. Speaking of, wow THAT character really didn't take off despite being one of Snyder's OG Big Bads. Popularity for plant-themed characters doesn't just grow on trees apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Ivy's M.O. here seems to be a bit like Mr. Bloom's from Scott Snyder's run. Speaking of, wow THAT character really didn't take off despite being one of Snyder's OG Big Bads. Popularity for plant-themed characters doesn't just grow on trees apparently.

I think he's in the Task Force Z book at least, as a zombie.

Incredible Member

Just some stuff about the first issue.

spoilers:
    So to get the story to work they’ve had to ignore the fact that as she was a former avatar of the green she would know very well what she’s doing would allow the Rot to access the human world.It’s always a bit annoying when to get a story to work they have to dumb a character down or give them selective memory loss. Mind you I don’t think she’s thinking straight as she appears to being portrayed as being suicidal.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Top Hat; 06-07-2022 at 09:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Every artist that's done a cover for this book has brought their A game.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Just some stuff about the first issue.

spoilers:
    So to get the story to work they’ve had to ignore the fact that as she was a former avatar of the green she would know very well what she’s doing would allow the Rot to access the human world.It’s always a bit annoying when to get a story to work they have to dumb a character down or give them selective memory loss. Mind you I don’t think she’s thinking straight as she appears to being portrayed as being suicidal.
    end of spoilers
    Could you spoil what Rot is up to?