Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Issue 3 yet again confirming that literally Harley is the only human she cares for. And her justifying her actions to an imaginary Harley was sad. She seems to perceive Gardener as a threatening person.
    Harley the only thing keeping the world from being completely ravaged by a plant goddess .

Extraordinary Member

DC Comics has announced a second arc for the Poison Ivy ongoing solo series. The second story arc of six issues will kick off in December 2022. G. Willow Wilson will continue the series focusing on Poison Ivy grappling with her disgust of humanity’s excesses and violence while grappling with the love for the people in her life like Harley Quinn.

Along with the news, DC Comics has revealed covers for issues #7 (on sale 12/6/22) and #8 (on sale 1/3/23). Both issues will feature guest artist Atagun Ilhan, a graduate of DC’s Milestone Initiative, making his DC debut. Marcio Takara will return to the series with Issue #9
    Last edited by Hypo; 08-10-2022 at 10:32 AM.

Yay, more Ivy .

With this and the still rising success of the HQ show which many agree is mostly due to Ivy, is she officially one of DC's most popular characters now?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    With this and the still rising success of the HQ show which many agree is mostly due to Ivy, is she officially one of DC's most popular characters now?

Always has been. Harley's been holding her back .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Always has been. Harley's been holding her back .
    More like Harley gave her a push up the character ranks. I don’t think she would have been as a popular as she is now without her relationship with Harley.

More like Harley gave her a push up the character ranks. I don’t think she would have been as a popular as she is now without her relationship with Harley.
    Maybe in the sense of getting her out there in terms of appearances, but outside the HQ cartoon I don't think functionally her "Harley's Girlfriend Poison Ivy" role would endear her as much to people compared to solo stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Poison Ivy #4 Preview
    Writer: G. Willow Wilson
    Artist: Marcio Takara

Yeah, Ivy's going to enjoy ruining this one .

Incredible Member

If you had any doubts that are trying to break up Ivy & Harley permanently then read the latest issue, in spite of what Ivy says to herself in justification. I’ll be interested to see the social media reaction to this issue from the Harley & Ivy fans. What’s interesting is between the two of them it’s Ivy who is persistently shown to be in the wrong, Ivy even admits it in the issue that Harley has literally done nothing wrong. I think this continues their idea of making Harley more of a hero and Ivy back to being a villain. I kind of half hope Harley moves on with someone else but she won’t as she’s far more loyal to Ivy even though are separated than Ivy is to her. As the CBR pointed out of this issue Harley was put in a similar situation but unlike Ivy resists temptation. TBH I don’t see why Harley would reconcile with Ivy when there are better potential partners for her now.

Outside of the AU titles I would be very surprised if either character were seen together in the main DC continuity. Even Batman & Catwoman have had more interaction since they broke up.

It’s a good title, well written, but it’s kind of hard to read a title where you are effectively following a mass murderer. Even the Joker solo title you followed Jim Gordon and not the Joker. All it’s done is make me sympathise with Harley more and make me like Ivy a whole lot less. Catwoman does bad stuff still but at least she doesn’t kill people now.
    Last edited by Top Hat; 09-06-2022 at 04:33 PM.

Incredible Member

Also it’s the height of hypocrisy for Ivy to kill someone for sexual harassment when on numerous times in the past she’s used her powers to do the same thing.
    Last edited by Top Hat; 09-07-2022 at 07:32 AM.

Also it’s the height of hypocrisy for Ivy to kill someone for sexual harassment when on numerous times in the past she’s used her powers to do the same thing.
    At least they're not trying to pass her off as heroic though .

(Also seems like they've been leaning Ivy towards women a lot lately. Maybe partially because Harley or because she's a misandrist).

Incredible Member

It’s got pretty mad on social media now with people accusing Ivy of being a serial rapist. Some even accusing her of purple manning Harley, that they never had a true relationship and Ivy was raping Harley. When you take a step back you can see there are some pretty tired old tropes about lesbians being wheeled out here. That Harley is just a poor victim of a predatory lesbian. I mean when you get comments like Ivy used to be attractive until they made her gay it kind of gives the game away. Yes Ivy has done some dodgy stuff in the past but that’s because of some very odd writing, and that she was DC’s go to femme fatale.

To me it smacks of a repeat of Bruce and Selina where they have a popular couple that editorial don’t mind exploiting when it suits them but they don’t really like and therefore they come up with increasingly ludicrous plots to keep apart. I don’t think they’ve ever liked Harley & Ivy together for a whole host of reasons hence why they’ve be treated so badly in the past. Probably one of the biggest reasons is that they are a same sex couple.
    Last edited by Top Hat; 09-07-2022 at 11:53 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least they're not trying to pass her off as heroic though .

(Also seems like they've been leaning Ivy towards women a lot lately. Maybe partially because Harley or because she's a misandrist).
    Harley has genuinely shown contrition for her past actions and tried to be a better person not something I can say for Ivy.

Maybe I'd care more if I felt more passionately about Harley and Ivy's relationship or hero Harley.