Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    It wasn’t a movie simply because the sole reason it exists is so D+ has content people will subscribe and stay subscribed for. Almost no one was asking for a Hawkeye movie. However if it’s a show on a service I already have then great.
    Theatrical is not the only option for movie. It probably doesn't make as much money, but at a certain point, you have to think about narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well this was good mainly due to the charm and charisma of Iman Vellani's Kamala Kahn, which for me made up for anything I didn't like about it. She's got star quality, for sure, same way Tom Hiddleston does.

Her powers might be the lamest part of the whole show, to me. Don't care though, as the character is just plain fun.
    Her powers feel weird because it's like they want her to still be able to do the stuff she does in the comics without the powers being exactly the same.

I didn't like her going "pew pew" with the bangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Don’t the other Avengers just call her Captain. Not hard to imagine some media person in-universe slapping Marvel on the end to spice it up.
    I don't think she was even a captain in the Air Force. I don't think they called her "Captain" either.

They still need to explain a lot about Carol.

Mighty Member

I wouldn't mind going to Avengers-Con.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Her powers feel weird because it's like they want her to still be able to do the stuff she does in the comics without the powers being exactly the same.

I didn't like her going "pew pew" with the bangle.

I don't think she was even a captain in the Air Force. I don't think they called her "Captain" either.

They still need to explain a lot about Carol.
    In the comics, she's not, she's a Major. Which is actually a higher rank. She is a Captain in the MCU though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Me and my mom loved the first episode. It was fun, cute and very colorful. She thought it was a "girls' show" but in a good way.

I read the first issue of the comic a while ago, so there was a few things that I recognized and a few changes I noticed.

Definitely looking forward to the next episode.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 06-12-2022 at 04:08 AM.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I still wonder where the name Captain Marvel came from
    And we will probably never find out

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    And we will probably never find out
    Codenames are kind of all over the place in the MCU.

After watching Ep 2, this is feeling like one of the FreeForm shows, but not even as good as "Runaways" or "Cloak & Dagger." I find it pretty boring standard high school stuff and the CG Kamala looks clunky. I feel like using a real person with green screen work may have been more effective.

Isn't there sort of a whole scene in the movie where they sort of figure it out over washing dishes?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Superheroes with a military rank in their codename are almost always Captain or Commander. Lieutenants are either sidekicks or naive idiots, and Majors tend to be villains - although Marvel does have 2 heroic characters with the rank of Major, although neither uses it in the code name (Carol Danvers and Christopher Summers).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I enjoyed episode two. I'm liking that this is a more character focus show than the other Disney+ shows. I'm interested in the various social cliques in Kamala community. The gossiping aunties being a Illuminati got a chuckle out of me.

With Zoe's interrogation, I wasn't fond of the Latina correction. Latinx isn't going to catch on. Whoever came up with it obviously has no understanding of how the Spanish language works.

-- When Zoe was describing her experience being saved by "Nightlite", was anyone else reminded of those Kate McKinnon alien abduction skits?
    -- That Clint/Black Widow reference.... too soon Kamala, Too soon.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

MCU started with I am Ironman dialogue. I do wish MCU took 10 sec to explain why she call herself Captain Marvel. There would have been no need for that if they properly showed Carol's relationship with Marvell

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    MCU started with I am Ironman dialogue. I do wish MCU took 10 sec to explain why she call herself Captain Marvel. There would have been no need for that if they properly showed Carol's relationship with Marvell
    I want to know if it's a name she came up with herself or was it given to her.

I thought Fury called her Captain Marvel in her solo movie and she corrected him, by saying "It's Mar-vell ..." ??
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium