Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Yeah. Brand synergy seems to be the main reason for her change in power.

I know a part of Khamala arc is that she is different from Carol, but that works so good in comic because they subvert the expectative that members of a "superhero family" have similar powers.

That situation about "superhero families" isn't so common in the MCU (yet), so the subversion wouldn't be so strong.
    It makes me wonder how they might plan on introducing the other Spiders for MCU Spider-Man, if they even have one. Not that the Spiders are much of a Family.

Marvel's Superhero Families have never fared quite as well as DC's have.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a81kolaL_FM

Well, still not sure what to make of it. Grace Randolph likes it.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

I hope they provide a convincing explanation on Kamala CM obsession

Extraordinary Member

Here is some views posted in this thread below about the first two episodes of ms.marvel.
    THREAD: MS. MARVEL ON D+
    Here is some other views.
    I Just watched MS MARVEL! REACTION!

Chris C quote-
    Feige literally told everyone that phase 4 and onward they would be changing things up, making some things less connected and more niche for different tastes. I don't understand why people keep getting mad if they don't like something new they release. The MCU is changing and it's not all one standard style and vibe anymore. I personally enjoy it all, but if someone doesn't that's okay, not everything is going to be for everyone anymore.

Shoaib Hussain quote-
    Yeah you're totally right man... people are just giving it hate for no reason... they're making projects for everyone now not just for one type of audience...now it's for all collective audience...so people need to understand that

Bob The dope man quote-
    The bandwagoners ALWAYS show up to hate popular things. They want to participate because its popular and being talked about. But they want to seem unique or "ahead of the curb" by hating on it.

Thecell quote-
    The mcu always had varied tones and vibes(including the non canon mcu shows not made from marvel studios),but now for the canon mcu there is more varied tones and vibes happening in phase 4.

Thecell quote-
    The mcu did not just have one type of project for one type of audience before phase 4(more so if you include the marvel mcu shows before disney plus)but now with phase 4 and the future there is and will be more varied content.Anyway before phase 4 there different types of projects and varied audiences but now is is more varied.It's clear there with folks with agendas that do not want that but they were a increasing loud minority but eventually they will be drowned out because marvel is not like star wars for example.That will be painful lessen they will learn and are learning now,and the sooner the better.

________
    Bet Tech quote-
    What I like about the mcu is that there are different genres within it. The best shows/movies are ones that make me experience something I haven't before and marvel does that every time. They're always pushing the superhero envelope by pulling inspiration from other styles of film
    Oleksandr Byelyenko quote-
    I feel like people are misunderstanding phase 4. It is mirroring phase 1. It can have hit and misses. It will not show some greater plots or characters. I think really big stuff will be happening in next phase if not in phase 6.

@Rilist quote-
    Ye but the products of phase 4 70% is not good. Ye it’s mirroring phase 1 with some hits and some misses… but that’s not suppose to be a good thing.

Thecell quote-
    Even back then there were folks who did not like the mcu hulk movie or iron man 2 or thor. Grace from beyond the trailer did her mcu phase list and to her about half of the of the phase 1 movies were bad movies.Of course i disagree with her but phase 3 and 4 are the best phases of the mcu so far. Even the audiences and critics would agree looking at the scores on average.The only ones that were not box office hits is the hulk film in phase 1,black widow and maybe eternals for phase 4. For black widow however the disney plus money was added so overall it was not miss. Now if you talking about critics and the audiences all phase 1,2 and 3 are hits. Phase 4 is mostly hits.Eternals is not a hit on the rt score from critics but still hit with the average rating.The rating is still good. For shows that are not canon ironfist is not a hit for the critics and inhumans is not a hit for critics and audiences on average.
    Captain marvel was a hit with the audience on rt originally but it got reviewed bombed like black panther but black pnather still remain positive while captain marvel did not but captain marvel did have a A cinemascore.

Thecell quote-
    @Rilist Your view is the minority view looking at rt and cineamscores for phase 4.
    Let's keep in mind there were few folks who said phase 3,2 and 1 had mostly bad movies or so-so ones.It's just with phase 4 that view is louder on the internet because of a few think what happen to star wars and dc overtime or folks who are more into the older heroes then the newer ones and of course the mcu having more women heroes or hardcore impatient x-men fans who are speaking up louder wanting too see the x-men in the mcu etc.. or combination of all that.

Last edited by mace11; 05-26-2022 at 06:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member

JUST WATCHED MS MARVEL. BEST 1st Episode of Marvel Shows | Honest Thoughts No Spoilers

Mighty Member

This trailer is much better, and I feel like the change in her powers is growing on me.

It's weird, Kamala's character and civilian life feel totally comic-accurate but the hard light powers and her running from SWAT teams feel like an entirely different character.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The music was fun and I loved the opening...but I'm not really sure what to think about the show as a whole. Where is it going? I think this is one where they definitely should have released two episodes to give you more of a feel for the story they're looking to tell.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I loved this first episode. If it wasn't for the powers change it would have been perfect for me.

I had a good laugh seeing Zoe wear Carol's original Ms. Marvel costume. In-universe that would be the sexy captain marvel costume.

Saw the first episode. Was fun. Interested to see where they're going to take things from a powers perspective. Definitely have some theories but with the pacing these shows tend to have, I assume we won't get the full story until 2/3 through the season

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The music was fun and I loved the opening...but I'm not really sure what to think about the show as a whole. Where is it going? I think this is one where they definitely should have released two episodes to give you more of a feel for the story they're looking to tell.
    I felt the same way after watching. We all know they changed her powers from the comics, no point harping on that. I liked the family interaction, I felt they were authentic and I was interested in them. I like the creative production choice with the doodles and drawings when she's daydreaming and zoning out.

But, I'm not waiting with baited breath for the next one. Not complaining really but a second episode maybe to get us moving along since most of episode 1 was pre powers.

The sound mix in this is awful. We found it hard to tell what was being said a lot of the time, but it wasn’t only because of the incessant background music (though it didn’t exactly help), and definitely not because of the accents (I’ve been around Pakistani accents my whole life) - it’s like they’d put some socks over the microphone.

The power change is still like they wanted to make an OC but with Kamala’s exact background for some reason.

Anybody get a slight Edgar Wright tone from this? I mean Scott Pilgrimish mainly. Also wonder if the Avengercon origin was inspired by the Avengers video game which had a similar thing (except the Avengers were actually present and it was much larger in scale).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 06-08-2022 at 04:00 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Anybody get a slight Edgar Wright tone from this? I mean Scott Pilgrimish mainly. Also wonder if the Avengercon origin was inspired by the Avengers video game which had a similar thing (except the Avengers were actually present and it was much larger in scale).
    Exactly was very Scott pilgrim…

I was surprised I liked this. I was expecting a Disney type teen show, but it was fun rather than annoying.. The leads were engaging and it felt genuine. I don't mind the power change, but the FX for them was weird.
    Thought I wouldn't get past the first episode, (that's what happened with Naomi) but I will stick around.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!