Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Hmmm, I think this show is going the same route that Hawkeye did for me. A comfort show, where I'm mostly into for the amazing casting (there, Hailee Steinfeld as Kate Bishop; here, Iman Vellani as Kamala Khan). My main concern with Disney + Marvel shows overall is the weak writing. Anyways, still a fun time and I love its approach to Kamala's culture
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

So the bangle is supposed to come in a pair? And it's supposed to take them back to their home dimension? Are we sure these aren't going to turn out to be the Quantum Bands?

Rather than Inhumans, we've got Djinn/Clan Destine. Now, I don't really know much about Clan Destine in the comics, but other than being long-lived I'm not sure if this is at all close to what they are in the comics. I also wonder if there's more to them being away from their home dimension and what they're ultimately after. And they really seemed in a rush to get home when Kamala seemed willing to help, like...okay, they're ignoring the cost of life is to explain the antagonism but it seemed a bit much. Maybe there's a reason they have to go back now rather than later.

Damage Control seems like they're one-step away from hunting down Mutants just for existing. Do we need this to be Damage Control though? I prefer them to be just cleanup from Superhero fights not basically our new stand-in for the police/government with SHIELD gone and SWORD basically irrelevant.

Ah, Nakia the classic "best friend who doesn't think much of your Superhero identity"...and then she finds out about it. Which is a change because Nakia didn't find out until way later in the comic timeline. I'm curious if they'll address more of the follow up in the next episode.

It's weird for me that Kamran isn't the complete and utter tool he is in the comics. Like, he's supposed to be the manipulative and arrogant one, not his family. While here he seems genuine in wanting to help Kamala and protect her from his family. I don't think it's a long con but I wonder what the endgame is. To make him a more viable love interest? Will he ultimately choose his family over Kamala?

Bruno made the mask! I wonder if he has the full suit almost prepped to go?

Bruno really looking like Tom Holland here...

So they know enough about Carol Danvers to know how reckless she is? I mean, I guess she kind of barreled through stuff during the Endgame fight or they know her service career with the Air Force. I guess Kamala also isn't aware of the personal cost of Carol always flying off and not taking the time to slow down (Monica).

The wedding happened way earlier than it did in the comics. But we got Ayesha's family and little brother! Albeit much younger than in the comics.

"Good is not a thing you are, it's a thing you do." He said the line!

That was a beautiful wedding! I think this is...the second major MCU wedding after the one in MoM? Everything else was usually off-screen.

Kamala making forcefields and stepping stones to dodge just...doesn't feel like Kamala. I was waiting for her to make a big fist to punch someone the whole time and she didn't even say "Embiggen" (yet).

Not really all that impressed with Clan Destine as the villains so far. They really just don't stand out better than your typical quirky mini-boss squad like the Black Order. I mean, look, they have unique weapons! That's...pretty basic in the MCU at this point. I guess it's just because at this point in the comics Kamala is fighting a giant bird-man who thinks he's Thomas Edison so Clan Destine come off a little more generic by comparison.

Also they're all immediately arrested so...what's next? Are they going to break out? Is Kamran going to free them? Felt a little anti-climactic.

To be honest I can kind of understand why Kamala won't tell her family what's going because we know how her mom gets whenever the bangle or her great-grandmother's history comes up. And it's all going to come to a head when they head back to Karachi

Mighty Member

Awsome wedding scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Is there any relation between the Clan Destine on Ms. Marvel and the Clan Destine family of superheroes Alan Davis created? I seem to remembr their matriarch was Djinn but I could be wrong.
    Yes! The Clan Destine limited series was so good!

Oy. After a couple of really great episodes this last one brought me to the verge of quitting the show.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

For what reason?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ah, Nakia the classic "best friend who doesn't think much of your Superhero identity"...and then she finds out about it. Which is a change because Nakia didn't find out until way later in the comic timeline. I'm curious if they'll address more of the follow up in the next episode.

"Good is not a thing you are, it's a thing you do." He said the line!
    In the comics, it turned out that Nakia and Kamala's other friends knew quite some time before she told them, as Kamala's really quite sloppy at keeping her secret despite how guarded she thinks she is. She could've been keeping the secret for the entire comic run to that point, they said they were waiting for her to be ready to tell them. It's the same for her mother. Kamala does a better job at keeping her identity secret from other superheroes, even Nova didn't know until the end of Zub's Champions run.

That line was used as one of Kamala's voice quotes in the Avengers Academy mobile game. Didn't she say it herself in the comics?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That line was used as one of Kamala's voice quotes in the Avengers Academy mobile game. Didn't she say it herself in the comics?
    Yes, but she was quoting someone (her dad, I think? Or maybe Sheik Abdulla said it in the comics. I forget).

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

My brother was telling me his theory about how the ten rings from Shang-Chi might originate from the Djinn home world. That would be interesting but I doubt it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    My brother was telling me his theory about how the ten rings from Shang-Chi might originate from the Djinn home world. That would be interesting but I doubt it is.
    How much do the Avengers know about Celestial technology? Maybe those 10 rings were originally on the hand of one? (hmmm, it'd have to be a really small one - nevermind. I do like the idea that they fit the hands of some alien though)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bruno really looking like Tom Holland here...
    Matt Lintz actually auditioned for Civil War as Spider-Man; however he didn't get the role and instead joined his siblings on THE WALKING DEAD for a few episodes.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    How much do the Avengers know about Celestial technology? Maybe those 10 rings were originally on the hand of one? (hmmm, it'd have to be a really small one - nevermind. I do like the idea that they fit the hands of some alien though)
    Ego's human body was kind of small but then again he was kind of a rogue one.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Ego's human body was kind of small but then again he was kind of a rogue one.
    I still don't think Ego is actually a Celestial - he's more a Cosmic Hobo than an inscrutable god. Possibly they built him, but if they did they just left him to his own devices to see what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Do The Avengers even know about Celestials? Carol and Thor might've.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    For what reason?
    I think this was directed at me.

This past episode had waaaay too much exposition and felt too serious in tone. Just didn't work for me. Plus the fight scene in the kitchen and wedding place was just kind of painful to watch, it was worse than the running Leia scenes in Obi-Wan, in the way that was choreographed.

Also I've never enjoyed the Clandestine, in all honesty.

Still on board for now
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.