Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

*sigh*

A time paradox? Fucking really

Extraordinary Member

As someone who knew less than nothing about Partition, I found the flash back sequence very affecting.

-Kamala is still collecting her hero wardrobe, I see.

-Looks Damage Control are the only baddies left and that
    probably makes a lot of sense given what they have done up to now...

The death effect in this kind of reminded me of the Inhuman cocoon effect in AOS, with a bit of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" mixed in.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    *sigh*

A time paradox? Fucking really
    You've created a time paradox!

How is a paradox even possible if your past becomes your future and your former present becomes the past, which can't now be changed by your new future?

LOL
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

We now take a beak from your usual Ms. Marvel adventures to bring you Partition: The Aisha Story.

Kamala's great-grandma was like your typical tough, no-nonsese, warrior type until she met Kamala's great-grandfather...and poetry has a way into the human heart.

I'm kind of reminded of one of the last G. Willow Wilson Ms. Marvel stories where she showed Kamala's ancestors meeting and how she wanted to imagine it was something as simple as two people falling in love. Which her grandma even said in the episode.

Jeez, the Clan Destine have, like, no patience...they immediately jump to ultimatums and murder the moment they have a chance to get back home no matter the cost. Like, not even a care that they just straight up murdered one of their own only a short time after reuniting. I'm reminded of how unnecessarily the Flag-Smashers escalated

I know Kamala kind of time-traveled in the comics when her powers were on the fritz but it still feels kind of weird seeing her time-travel back to Partition, meet her great-grandmother, and basically help fulfill her own origin story. I think I kind of would've just preferred she just watch how everything happened through the bangle than being involved herself.

Well, so much for the Clan Destine who continue to be one of the weakest MCU villains. I mean, why did the portal even kill them? What did she do to close the portal? I didn't even buy that Kamala's speech got through to her because it was so quickly paced and after she had spent so much time trying to kill Kamala for the chance to go home, even at the cost of destroying the world. And then she somehow gives Kamran his comic powers? It just wasn't developed or written all that well.

I don't know what's funny....Muneeba discovering how to find Kamala through "parental spyware" or how she immediately noticed the boy next to Kamala. At least she took finding out about Kamala's powers well.

"I'm going to have to warn all the other Red Daggers who are totally off-screen...and that guy you only knew for, like, two scenes last episode would totally be proud of you!" Also I guess Kareem being a wanted fugitive means they won't adapt him transferring to Kamala's school like in the comics.

If anyone was wondering how they would come up with Kamala's lightning symbol since MCU Carol has never been associated it...well, her broken necklace just happens to look like one. Convenient.

I gotta admit, I genuinely thought Kamran was just screwing with Bruno the whole time with the "Brian" thing, but maybe that's just because I never expected them to not make Kamran a complete tool like he is in the comics. Although I wonder if he'll blame Kamala for what happened to his family so he ends up being the final boss?

DoDC continues to be the absolute worst, basically firing on a civilians and attacking a private residence with no warning via the Edith drones. Is this going to continue to be a running theme with them? It's definitely not a very good luck. I'd hate to imagine how they would react to the very idea of Mutants existing.

I wonder if they're going to give Bruno his severe comic injuries from the Civil War II arc? Once again the result of a miscarriage of justice.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Well, that was disappointing. So rushed. I’ve been enjoying Kamala and the show, but this episode was bad. This whole series has been setup - family, friends, powers, origin - to get Kamala to Marvels that they forgot the payoff. Even the structure was off. Clan Destine has been weak since the start but that was a worse conclusion than I expected. Aisha turned out to be a romantic movie cliche. Most rushed MCU series so far.

Whatever happens it was an achievement getting millions of Westeners watching a TV show about the partition of India haha. Even in Britain most people don't really know about it, even though it was probably our bloody fault how it went.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    How is a paradox even possible if your past becomes your future and your former present becomes the past, which can't now be changed by your new future?

LOL
    Predestination paradox - like how the chips from the Terminator lead to the creation of Skynet, which leads to the Terminator being sent back. Your future choices still lead to the past as it exists, because it already happened.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Well, that was disappointing. So rushed. I’ve been enjoying Kamala and the show, but this episode was bad. This whole series has been setup - family, friends, powers, origin - to get Kamala to Marvels that they forgot the payoff. Even the structure was off. Clan Destine has been weak since the start but that was a worse conclusion than I expected. Aisha turned out to be a romantic movie cliche. Most rushed MCU series so far.
    Yeah I’ve enjoyed every episode but this one was not it… I feel like they’re worried that they won’t get a second season so they felt like they had to pack everything in. I would have had the full first season take place in Dakota City then have her go to Karachi as set up for the second.

The worst part was the main villain tearfully throwing herself to death after that basic ass speech. HUH?!? This woman done killed endless people and abandoned her son, and all it took was a girl she was ready to maim 2.5 seconds ago to tell her the obvious and she’s ready to risk it all. I REALLY hope they don’t have Kamran pull a Harry Osborn and blame Kamala for the death so she has a villain with the same powers to fight. I’m not hopeful.

The only thing from this show that will stay with me is how it took the Alan Davis goodness that was the Clan Destine and utterly bastardized it to the point where you wonder why they didn't just name them something else.

The first four pages of the Clan Destine comic is more interesting than this entire show.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    DoDC continues to be the absolute worst, basically firing on a civilians and attacking a private residence with no warning via the Edith drones. Is this going to continue to be a running theme with them? It's definitely not a very good luck. I'd hate to imagine how they would react to the very idea of Mutants existing.
    I did think Kamran caused the explosion when he blasted the drone, causing it to crash into the store. Like Damage Control wasn't intending to blow things up, they're just terrible at their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The worst part was the main villain tearfully throwing herself to death after that basic ass speech. HUH?!? This woman done killed endless people and abandoned her son, and all it took was a girl she was ready to maim 2.5 seconds ago to tell her the obvious and she’s ready to risk it all. I REALLY hope they don’t have Kamran pull a Harry Osborn and blame Kamala for the death so she has a villain with the same powers to fight. I’m not hopeful.
    Oh, I know. So corny.

I think Kamran will stay a good guy, because I'm always wrong about these things.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Whatever happens it was an achievement getting millions of Westeners watching a TV show about the partition of India haha.
    No joke.

10 characters
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I’ve enjoyed every episode but this one was not it… I feel like they’re worried that they won’t get a second season so they felt like they had to pack everything in. I would have had the full first season take place in Dakota City then have her go to Karachi as set up for the second.
    I feel like they haven't properly paced out or scaled this season. Like this is the very beginning of Kamala's journey and yet we're throwing the world-ending, her whole mythos, and stuff that came wayyyy later in her comic run in this one season. But I think they process most of the Disney+ shows like they're actually movies split into episodes and have to include all the stuff you'd expect from a movie rather than properly executed as a TV series.
    Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I did think Kamran caused the explosion when he blasted the drone, causing it to crash into the store. Like Damage Control wasn't intending to blow things up, they're just terrible at their job.
    I was kind of unsure what caused the explosion.
    Oh, I know. So corny.

I think Kamran will stay a good guy, because I'm always wrong about these things.
    I will be shocked if Kamran isn't the final boss. Like, I don't see the point of using Kamran without him actually fighting Kamala once and I don't think Kamala fighting Damage Control would be all that emotionally investing (the show really hasn't done a great job with the antagonists).

Mighty Member

Damage Control is becoming a major villain.