Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Not what I’m saying but she is a mutant, so that is a lead into the X-men technically that’s what all the fuss has been about. You haven’t heard?
    I was responding in general, not directly to your post. Though your fanfic about killing her is horrid.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I was responding in general, not directly to your post. Though your fanfic about killing her is horrid.
    Lmao did you find MoM was horrid too? I did…

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

One of these things is not like the other.

A movie one may not enjoy does not equal a weird murder fanfic of a young girl from a show with an incredibly upbeat tone.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

MoM was meant to be a horror movie, and it was a good one. Your take on killing off someone they just introduced and will be a part of one of their next features isn't something anybody would do. And what most would not want to see. Like I said, weird fanfic.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Maybe her mutant power is her stretching and Embiggen? The Bracelet could just give her the light powers?
    Speaking of that, she uttered Embiggen out of nowhere. There was no build up to that which I felt odd.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm more concerned that when they introduce mutants and the X-Men to the MCU that it'll all be about Wolverine again. I love the character, but I fell in love with him when he was a scruffy, not traditionally handsome violent wildcard, not the leading man.
    I hope the MCU can do Scott justice. Although I feel like they'll still be sorely tempted to promote Wolverine hard.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope the MCU can do Scott justice. Although I feel like they'll still be sorely tempted to promote Wolverine hard.
    Again, no reason to assume they will make the same mistakes Fox made when they managed to turn Z-listers like Groot and Rocket Rackoon into stars (I also doubt they want the MCU to be dependent on one character, specially now that so many phase 1 players are out of the picture, and have that actor shake them down for all the money he wants in a negotiation). I'm sure Wolverine will have a big role to play, but there's no way we'll have Wolverine and his amazing friends type of films.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Speaking of that, she uttered Embiggen out of nowhere. There was no build up to that which I felt odd.
    How exactly do you build up to someone saying a word? Honestly curious.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    You start with, "As Jedediah Springfield said..."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I can imagine if someone like Bruno asks why she yells out Embiggen she would say something like 'Superheroes need catch phrases to become more popular'.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You start with, "As Jedediah Springfield said..."
    I need a cromulent catchphrase …

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The word doesn't even make sense with her new powers. Embiggen means enlarge. She's not doing that with hard light.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The word doesn't even make sense with her new powers. Embiggen means enlarge. She's not doing that with hard light.
    Well that depends on how you look at it. She didn’t physically get larger but she basically created a hard light shell around her body that made her larger and taller. Soooo it kinda works.

Well that depends on how you look at it. She didn’t physically get larger but she basically created a hard light shell around her body that made her larger and taller. Soooo it kinda works.
    Personally I thought it was a weird look, but in general I've found their attempts to replicate her comic powers without actually using her comic powers to feel kind of off.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Apparently they stole her powers from Armor kinda…
    I saw Iman said that but I don’t see it. Not exactly, at least. Her powers are more like DC’s Bunker who makes purple light bricks that he can use all the same ways Kamala uses hers.