Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

I wonder if they are ever going to revisit the Inhumans, who were originally an FF thing and they were basically a precursor to the Eternals, Wakandans and Atlanteans (mysterious, hidden peoples living among us), which have all been done at this point. I mean, Lockjaw, Blackbolt, Crystal and Medusa. I'll miss them if they don't reappear at some point along the way.

But I think considering the bombastic bombing bomb that was the Eternals movie, I'm happy with the Inhumans just showing up from time to time in other movies and never having their own movie or TV series or anything else. Just leave them mysterious and cool until something really epic shows up, like Doom with a master plan.

But Kamala? Its certainly ok by me to make her more grounded as a mutant. The Inhumans connection was just another origin story that could be replaced by practically anything else and be fine. Its not as if she gets invited to Black Bolt's birthday parties or something.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

As long as they don't try and force a relationship to the X-Men by making her a Mutant, it can just as well be as important as making her an Inhuman

I mean, the Inhumans themselves are one thing. I was always kind of a fan. The NuHumans thing was a phase of Marvel history destined ultimately to be forgotten ... with Kamala's great and deserved success being the only stumbling block to it, since that's her origin.

But then, Pietro and Wanda have been mutants and not, so -- not saying Kamala should be a mutant necessarily, but yeah, the original origin doesn't do much for her, at this point.

I admit I am not aware, has Ms. Marvel ever really had much connection to either Inhumans or NuHumans, in the comics? From what I've seen, it's been more or less a footnote, so I can see why the show would ignore it.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    I mean, the Inhumans themselves are one thing. I was always kind of a fan. The NuHumans thing was a phase of Marvel history destined ultimately to be forgotten ... with Kamala's great and deserved success being the only stumbling block to it, since that's her origin.

But then, Pietro and Wanda have been mutants and not, so -- not saying Kamala should be a mutant necessarily, but yeah, the original origin doesn't do much for her, at this point.

I admit I am not aware, has Ms. Marvel ever really had much connection to either Inhumans or NuHumans, in the comics? From what I've seen, it's been more or less a footnote, so I can see why the show would ignore it.
    Basically it was fairly relevant in the first run of her comic, less so in the relaunch and moving forward.

Incredible Member

The only reason Ms. Marvel was an Inhuman in the comics is because during that time Marvel had a ban on any mutants being created since Fox had the movie rights so Marvel didn’t want to give them any new characters to use. If not for that situation she would have probably been a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    The only reason Ms. Marvel was an Inhuman in the comics is because during that time Marvel had a ban on any mutants being created since Fox had the movie rights so Marvel didn’t want to give them any new characters to use. If not for that situation she would have probably been a mutant.
    And in a case of serendipity it probably worked out for the best that she was an Inhuman because she didn't have the baggage of being a Mutant or tied specifically to the X-Men and they could downplay the Inhumans when appropriate...and most of her major media appearances up until now were partially due to the Inhumans push.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And in a case of serendipity it probably worked out for the best that she was an Inhuman because she didn't have the baggage of being a Mutant or tied specifically to the X-Men and they could downplay the Inhumans when appropriate...and most of her major media appearances up until now were partially due to the Inhumans push.
    But as hard as they tried to make Inhumans happen it didn’t and now that part of her origin is largely ignored and since Inhumans will probably never be a big thing in the MCU now that they have the mutants back. May as well make her a mutant.

But as hard as they tried to make Inhumans happen it didn’t and now that part of her origin is largely ignored and since Inhumans will probably never be a big thing in the MCU now that they have the mutants back. May as well make her a mutant.
    Again, as long as they treat it like they did her being an Inhuman (in other words, basically not important), I'm fine with it. I just don't want it to be an excuse for them to shove her into X-Books.

Incredible Member

Again, as long as they treat it like they did her being an Inhuman (in other words, basically not important), I'm fine with it. I just don't want it to be an excuse for them to shove her into X-Books.
    Real question. How would that be different than if they came up with a new character? I don’t think they are going to put her on the X-Men. I think it’s far more likely she’s on the Young Avengers team.

So she is like Namor then?

Real question. How would that be different than if they came up with a new character? I don’t think they are going to put her on the X-Men. I think it’s far more likely she’s on the Young Avengers team.
    I mean, it's the same character, they're just coming up with a new background for her powers basically.

I think the MCU YA will definitely be a mix of Young Avengers and Champions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Yeah, pretty much.

Yeah because X-men is such a toxic brand to be tied to
    Why do you think she would have to be tied to the X-men? Like Wiccan and Speed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I mean Namor was a pretty prominent X-Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I wonder if they are ever going to revisit the Inhumans, who were originally an FF thing and they were basically a precursor to the Eternals, Wakandans and Atlanteans (mysterious, hidden peoples living among us), which have all been done at this point.
    Huh? Namor and the Atlanteans came out a full decade before the Inhumans....Eternals were basically Kirby continuing his New Gods storyline from DC...they didn't even 'live among humans' Neither did Wakandans, ore Atlanteans
    But I think considering the bombastic bombing bomb that was the Eternals movie, I'm happy with the Inhumans just showing up from time to time in other movies and never having their own movie or TV series or anything else. Just leave them mysterious and cool until something really epic shows up, like Doom with a master plan.
    lol guess you missed their TV Show...you and everyone else in America Yeah I reeeeeally wish they woulda left them alone, but what does Doom have to do with them???
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yeah because X-men is such a toxic brand to be tied to
    Why do you think she would have to be tied to the X-men? Like Wiccan and Speed.
    I didn't mean the X-Men were toxic so much as they're a long-established franchise and can be kind of insular at times, and they have a strong, defining, narrative.

If anything Kamala would be more like Firestar than Wiccan or Speed (who I don't even think are Mutants anymore, if they ever were).

Why tho? Like what do you think is being 'lost' with this reveal?
    It really depends on how things will be treated going forward, but we might lose the chance to see the Royal Family, and we might miss having a history of mutants in the MCU like they have been treated elsewhere (stuff like Apocalypse, mutants in WWII, etc.)

how will Kamala or anybody know if Blob uses Miss or Ms? lol
    The pronunciation of "Miss" and "Mizz" is different. It's what happened when Carol fought Blob and Mystique's team in the X-Men The Animated Series episode "A Rogue's Tale".

I wonder if they are ever going to revisit the Inhumans, who were originally an FF thing and they were basically a precursor to the Eternals, Wakandans and Atlanteans (mysterious, hidden peoples living among us), which have all been done at this point. I mean, Lockjaw, Blackbolt, Crystal and Medusa. I'll miss them if they don't reappear at some point along the way.

The Inhumans TV show had an open ending that would need to be addressed. Maybe they could set that in a different universe than the MCU-designated 616 (I think even Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. would have to be in a different universe as well) and start fresh with Inhumans.

You know who the real victim here is? Molly Hayes. She was a mutant during the Runaways comic because mutants were still a hot property, but in the Runaways TV show, she wasn't anything because they had to downplay mutants.

If anything Kamala would be more like Firestar than Wiccan or Speed (who I don't even think are Mutants anymore, if they ever were).
    Preeeeeetty sure it was fleshed out they were both Mutants...I mean Wiccan was on a Time displaced X-team
    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    It really depends on how things will be treated going forward, but we might lose the chance to see the Royal Family, and we might miss having a history of mutants in the MCU like they have been treated elsewhere (stuff like Apocalypse, mutants in WWII, etc.)
    How would the Ms Marvel e06 reveal prevent that?

The pronunciation of "Miss" and "Mizz" is different. It's what happened when Carol fought Blob and Mystique's team in the X-Men The Animated Series episode "A Rogue's Tale".
    AH ok ok

You know who the real victim here is? Molly Hayes. She was a mutant during the Runaways comic because mutants were still a hot property, but in the Runaways TV show, she wasn't anything because they had to downplay mutants.
    They didn't HAVE to downplay Mutants, they couldn't even mention them cause they didnt have the rights of the brand
    GrindrStone(D)