Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The scene that opens the first episode of Falcon and Winter Soldier likely cost more than a single season of the Flash. To suggest that can be done on a TV budget is laughable
    Sure there's a few parts here and there That look better than other shows at least with CGI/FX but the other 90% I don't see much difference it was like after daredevil came out ppl were saying how much bigger budget it looked compared to arrow and it really didn't.
    Last edited by choptop; 03-15-2022 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    No one's even explained this yet. What in the world is a "polymorph"? Is it stretching like Mr. Fantastic? Or is it shape-shifting like Mystique? Or some mish-mash of the two.
    Basically both, though they eventually dropped the shape-shifting powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Well, depending on when that shirt was made... Black Widow, yes. Scarlet Witch? Probably not.
    Westview is probably relatively recent, I would assume, so there's probably still some Wanda merch out there.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    As you state, the powers have to be discovered and explained regardless. So why not give her a powerset that will most likely resonate with the masses.
    Why wouldn't her old powers "resonate with the masses"? Also, by changing it you're alienating the one guaranteed audience you did have: people that were already fans of the character.

For me, stretchy powers alone doesn't cut it, so I'm all for giving us something different.
    As people have said numerous time in this thread alone, much less outside of here, it's not "stretchy powers." That's a gross oversimplification.

The powers are secondary anyway - it's the show around it that decides how good it will be.
    This isn't some cosmetic change. It's a super hero. Their powers are pretty essential to their character. It was literally there from the base design of them. Her most iconic catchphrase is based on her powers.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Doesn't she ocassionally change size too? Might invite Ant-Man comparisons.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of? It's not like full Giant-Woman, it's more like she enlarges certain body parts.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yea but the way she uses that power Scott doesn't have to worry about losing his place.

Kind of? It's not like full Giant-Woman, it's more like she enlarges certain body parts.
    In some versions yes she can go giant woman! But she has not learned to control it.

Avengers game, lego games and some cartoons she can grow and shrunk to ant size.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    In some versions yes she can go giant woman! But she has not learned to control it.

Avengers game, lego games and some cartoons she can grow and shrunk to ant size.

Kree Sentinel?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And the body enlargement is never uniform so the body horror would put off a lot of ppl watching it
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-16-2022 at 03:24 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member

I've read the entire Wilson and Ahmed runs of the comic. I'm a fan and I'm looking forward to this show.

I don't give a **** about the change in powers. The character isn't Wolverine, say, where it'd be a big deal if he didn't have claws or something. She's a new character and still malleable as far as cross-media depictions go. So I'm cool as long as the spirit remains true.

I do hope the Muslim background is handled well and not in broad strokes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I can’t speak for Percy Jackson, but X-Men as a franchise can and should definitely have a team of heroes whose tone is similar to this..
    nahhhhh, it really shouldn't. I don’t trust that any xmen teen tv show should have heavy disneyisms that you cannot see past and this is what this trailer has in full abundance. Yes, X-MEN has featured many younger mutants but it was more of a brutally coming of age stories they got that yes was set in a grown up word. that is something that cannot be erased from the lore, to erase that is to dumb it down. younger mutants- X23, Jubliee, Rogue, hope summers, Magik and the new mutants Cable took in to train to become X-Force.

None of those characters I mentioned will work well in the ms marvel universe, judging from the trailer any more than Katniss from Hunger Games would. I alluded more to Buffy and harry potter since that is the setting the younger source material of mutants fits. Ironically buffy and harry potter itself took influence from x-men. I will rather have Disney not make any x-men tv show for teens if it is too similar to this ms marvel trailer.

As for percy Jackson, 20th century Fox studio really messed up that franchise. It was a travesty. fox wanted it to be their harry potter in terms of money, but they mis-managed the source material in the worst ways, the Percy Jackson movies really would have been the American answer to harry potter if fox had taken more time to write a quality screenplay with better production values. however , a ms marvel setting and tone kind of series of percy Jackson would not be a good idea either, it will not even be a great harry potter 2.0 either like Disney now plans for.

Why I feel ms marvel's story and this trailer works here is because she is still a fairly new character in comics lore. she was created in the 2010s, after Disney had purchased marvel. she is what I call a pure Disney-marvel character unlike another character like Hisako Ichiki (Armor). Disney really has had a strong say on Ms Marvel character appeal and the demo she courts. however the younger mutants from x-men and Percy Jackson just have way too much back story and lore that was already well established long before Disney bought their IPs. so it just should not be the same in terms of tv approach.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Looks too YA.
    I don't see YA at all. I see a fun kids show. YA is something like Smallville and Buffy The Vampire Slayer. This show reminds me more of That So Raven, perhaps it is because that is one of the few Disney characters from the 2000s that had special powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    A general audience isn't that stupid. If Marvel invests in using Kamala extensive power set more this is a non issue.
    If she uses her extensive powers, she could really hurt someone. I am certain this show is not going to have any convincing violence. Any little violence at best will be more like power rangers or even less than that and Disney may have to put a warning message at the end of every episode, that kids should not try and mimic what they see on the show, which is what power rangers used to do.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-16-2022 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    I've read the entire Wilson and Ahmed runs of the comic. I'm a fan and I'm looking forward to this show.

I don't give a **** about the change in powers. The character isn't Wolverine, say, where it'd be a big deal if he didn't have claws or something. She's a new character and still malleable as far as cross-media depictions go. So I'm cool as long as the spirit remains true.

Remember when Logan got hot claws that he barely used. >.>

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I disagree with Kamala being malleable. She's made appearances in other Marvel media that remained true to who the character is. The Avengers video game being the biggest piece of media she's appeared in this far. It's enough for the character to not be a complete unknown.

I wouldn't say it doesn't matter in so far as I think her powers and the way they're depicted are a very intrinsic part of her character and the themes of her story as a hero.

Replacing that for Kree tech just doesn't have the same feeling.