Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    https://graphicpolicy.com/2022/05/18...-spider-man-9/

Moira what did you do?

Also isn't this like the one Spidey Wolverine mini?
    Sweet, I love a Spidey/Logan team-up.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Wells wrote Birthday boy so I have high hopes

Run hasn't had much going for it but hopefully this is a good issue

This gives Spidey the perfect opportunity to tell Logan off for thinking so poorly of Hellion, Peter's most prized and favorite student.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Same. Though I do not consider them “the best duo in comics.” Maybe my 2nd or 3rd favorite duo, but Cable/Deadpool will always be #1 for me.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    https://graphicpolicy.com/2022/05/18...-spider-man-9/

Moira what did you do?

Also isn't this like the one Spidey Wolverine mini?
    Yasss. Love more X-work for Zeb Wells. Apparently he never left the X-Slack and I'm delighted he's continuing to play in the Krakoan sandbox.

As a duo, Wolverine/Spidey have better chemistry than Logan's other so-called "best friend"(... Nightcrawler). I liken Logan/Parker's relationship to a Fred and Lamont Sanford or a Red and Eric Forman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    As a duo, Wolverine/Spidey have better chemistry than Logan's other so-called "best friend"(... Nightcrawler). I liken Logan/Parker's relationship to a Fred and Lamont Sanford or a Red and Eric Forman.
    Yeah, I see their relationship more like a PG-13 version of the Cable/Deadpool one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, I see their relationship more like a PG-13 version of the Cable/Deadpool one.
    I feel like that Deadpool game that came out years ago killed the Cable/Deadpool "friendship". They kinda treated Cable as a joke in that game(along with Wolverine) so Deadpool could shine. I don't think it's been the same ever since. Wolverine could survive being humiliated(because it's Wolverine), but I don't think Cable ever recovered and that was around the time when Deadpool really took off. IIRC I believe that game had a hand in garnering interest in Deadpool getting his own movie because Ryan Reynolds was a fan of it.

It’s a game though, so not canon in the comics. And the Deadpool 2 film which introduced Cable in the films came out after that, and Reynolds and Brolin had great chemistry there. They’re the R-rated version of the Spidey/Wolverine dynamic.

I really hope Brolin is back as Cable in Deadpool 3, looking more comic accurate (fully gray hair, taller through camera angles/lifts/CGI, etc.). That would be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It’s a game though, so not canon in the comics. And the Deadpool 2 film which introduced Cable in the films came out after that, and Reynolds and Brolin had great chemistry there. They’re the R-rated version of the Spidey/Wolverine dynamic.

I really hope Brolin is back as Cable in Deadpool 3, looking more comic accurate (fully gray hair, taller through camera angles/lifts/CGI, etc.). That would be fun.
    Video games are very influential these days. Some of the things they do have influence on the books and even the movies. Batman and Deadpool being prime examples. As for Brolin, he may have the face for Cable, but I just couldn't take him seriously when Deadpool towers over him. It's like he has the opposite problem of the Wolverine situation in the movies. I don't really do the fancast thing, but if were to cast Cable in a future MCU flick, I'd look towards the direction of the main lead in that Jack Reacher series.

I thought it was clever how they made a joke out of the height thing in DP2, and now in DP3 — which is confirmed to be in the MCU — there are lots of ways they can make Brolin look physically larger. Even without CGI (e.g., camera angles, lifts in his boots). Just look at Tom Hardy, who’s like 5’9” or so, as Bane in the Dark Knight Rises for a great example of this. He seemed huge in a lot of his scenes, but obviously is quite short in real life. Shorter than Brolin even.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Should be a fun read, though if I'm reading the article right, Patrick Gleason is doing the interior art for that issue. Still, Spider-Man and Wolverine/Logan teaming up should be fun. Would be glad to throw in Cable and Deadpool as well, especially since Cable actually said --- or thought to himself --- at one point, which might have been Avengers: X-Sanction, that Spider-Man would eventually be regarded as the greatest hero of the present era.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Their friendship is great. A favorite of mine is he's one of the only people to catch on to Ock taking over his mind in the Superior era. Ock barely talks his way out of a mind scan that'd get him caught.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Their friendship is great. A favorite of mine is he's one of the only people to catch on to Ock taking over his mind in the Superior era. Ock barely talks his way out of a mind scan that'd get him caught.

Plot armor strikes again! That said, if Rachel had mind-scanned him, anyway . . . well, I'd think uncovering Otto Octavius lurking as the dominant consciousness in Peter Parker's body would be a slightly bigger deal than Rachel violating the sanctity of his psychic boundaries, given that Spider-Man was an Avenger in (relatively) good standing at the time and Otto could have easily used that to gain access to technology, weapons, and/or other resources possessed by the Avengers that he could then turn into something much more dangerous to the world at large. That, and "Superior Spider-Man" was him coming off a scheme to make sure his name would be remembered forever --- as the greatest monster that ever lived --- by burning the planet to a cinder and taking almost everyone on it (99.92% of the population) with him.

Yes, I'm still a tad bitter after nearly a decade.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post

"SEE MOST X-MEN COMICS" legit made me laugh. That's good.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!