Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Not really counting on it, but would be nice if Mercury and Loa showed up as Bling's dates.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Dauterman said in an IG story that he still has one full design to debut (which makes me think it's an important one or a spoiler) and some "mini-designs" coming in the issue itself. His words lol.
    Probably the design that left is the one for the winner of the poll, aka Firestar

Ultimate Member

Kind of surprised that they remembered that Alex was even still alive, he'll probably only be there for something to do with Maddy but otherwise be ignored...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    [/B]

Now I’m imagining the Avengers walking up and the X-Men going, “Nah y’all are NOT just showing up in your uniforms this year. Time to change.”
    Ha, that would be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    All this, can't wait

It does say Peter plays a significant role which I love and I hope they actually pull through on it
    Same here, and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I would love it if we found out Jumbo designed their looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It would be nice if we could go beyond the weird idea that there is apparently only a single mutant in existence who is a designing outfits and that he is apperently the greatest fashion designer around, even though the output we can see indicates a serious lack of recognizable elements, consistency, originality, design identity and so on (because multiple different comic artist create these outfits, with a lot of copy catting from the real world and some more skilled at it than others), which makes him look aimless and cheap as a designer.

Plus where is the fun in a fashion showcase when it's all just a single guy having the monopol on outfits and characters mouthpiecing how great he is (in spite of the evidence), rather than it being a competition between multiple designers all who clearly have their signature elements and thumbprints, which would allow the reader... viewer... enjoyer(?) to actualy have some debate about who of these fictional designers could be considered the winner?

Plus the possibility of having intentionaly weaker designers as signature of one or two of them.

As i said in the past, while this whole "mutant fashion show" concept isn't interesting me, i still feel the execution could be a lot better or at least interesting.
    According to Dauterman, at least from what I read somewhere, in his personal canon, Janet Van Dyne designed the looks for the nonmutant heroes visiting or attending the Gala. Given that she delved into "mutant fashion" back in Rick Remender's Uncanny Avengers, I could see her engaged in more-or-less friendly competition with Jumbo Carnation to prove her own mettle as a fashion designer for the superpowered set.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Half of last's years choices only showed up in the election shorts, with no presence in any of the issues (and Tempo's outfit even being contradicted between Marauders and them). So there is still a chance some of them might not even get a backround apppearance. On the other hand they might do the shorts again.
    I’ve always wondered if those shorts were actually published in an actual comic? Did I completely miss something?

I’ve always wondered if those shorts were actually published in an actual comic? Did I completely miss something?
    I think it was just for internet.

Cant wait for this book. Everything I am seeing and hearing makes it very interesting.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    New Dauterman designs at Marvel's twitter:

Holy smokes that looks good

I really want a 2023 version hope Krakoa dont go kaboom after this

And who is the "fashion dictator" of the Arrakki!?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I really want a 2023 version hope Krakoa dont go kaboom after this
    Why would we need Krakoa for a X-men based fashion show? If there is a supporting buying audience for this type of one-shot they could find any kind of excuse or reason for such a gathering. Infact they could even create them retroactively (have them take place in the past).

Or just straight go for a 40-60 page artbook where every 5 page of designs there could be a nice splash page of a scene in which the characters appear in those outfits doing various things or poses and just have the story of the gathering be a backdrop for it in or out of continuity.

Again if there is enough of a buyership who supports this primarily for the outfits (without artifical sales increase via being promoted as event), Marvel would be foolish to just stop it because the status quo changed again.

Ultimate Member

Why would we need Krakoa for a X-men based fashion show? If there is a supporting buying audience for this type of one-shot they could find any kind of excuse or reason for such a gathering. Infact they could even create them retroactively (have them take place in the past).

Or just straight go for a 40-60 page artbook where every 5 page of designs there could be a nice splash page of a scene in which the characters appear in those outfits doing various things or poses and just have the story of the gathering be a backdrop for it in or out of continuity.

Again if there is enough of a buyership who supports this primarily for the outfits (without artifical sales increase via being promoted as event), Marvel would be foolish to just stop it because the status quo changed again.
    Yeah, it doesn't have to be much deeper than those swimsuit specials, back in the day, just 98% less sketchy.

I want one more tighter Hellfire Gala in Dec 2023. Hellfire Gala: The Red Wedding. Followed by Hickman's final third act mini to close out his vision of the Krakora / Quiet Council / Moira X era.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

they were in the collected edition of the Gala.

BANNED

LEWKS like...

New Dauterman designs at Marvel's twitter:
    BETTER DAYS are ahead & the BEST is yet 2 CUM, 4 Bobby & his BOYS...

Remy...

and AleXxX('s matching clips/buckles, ya notice?)...

going by *these*....
    AWESOME, new & improved, SUPER-SEXY designs!!!