Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    You fools, don't you realize this is all part of Percy's sinister plans to split up Scott and Jean and making her only in a relationship with Wolverine?! /s

I'm not sure what Magik is wearing but it looks like she's being taken over by a Symbiote tbh. Rest of the outfits are fine.
    The 2020s are a hellscape. We can't have such nice things.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I like Cyclops' look way more than last year. And he seems inspired by Balmain 2016 fall collection, which is one of my personal favorite fashion show
    This inspiration is exquisite!
    I loved that some of the outfits at the first gala were actual couture pieces and I'm glad Dauterman is continuing in that vein.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

What's with Laura's shoes?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Hmm, I’m taking this as confirmation of my personal theory that the ‘big reveal’ of this year’s Hellfire Gala will be the revelation of mutant resurrection to the worldwide public.
    This is what the first twelve issues of Duggan's X-Men has been leading to.

There’s two ways I can see this going:
    (1) Dr Stasis broadcasts it to the public while the mutants are hosting the event, or
    (2) The X-Men decide to reveal it to the world themselves behind the Quiet Council’s back.
    If it’s the latter case, Synch / Jean will restore Ben Urich’s memories and he will publish his article.

Either way, this will have two major consequences:

1. The Eternals hear about it (Sersi showed up at last year’s Gala so it’s likely that she will show up to this one). This leads to Eternal-mutant conflict over resurrection methods, which in addition to the current Eternal-Avenger conflict over Avengers Mountain, spirals into a three-way war.

This sets up Kieron Gillen’s Judgment Day event.

2) The Quiet Council gets upset with the X-Men over the reveal – either because they revealed it or because they couldn’t stop ORCHIS from revealing it. This leads to X-Men-Quiet Council conflict which was something that Duggan strongly hinted at way back before the first issue came out.

This sets up Gerry Duggan’s X-Men Year 2 storyline.
    I dont understand why the world must know mutants have cracked resurrection... why is it their business again?

Also if the bigots discover that mutants are now "immortal" wont they find justifications and loopholes to exploit in order to try to destroy them? Like finding out your enemy cant really die is ine hell of a motivation to find unique ways to kill them.

Or maybe I am being crazy about wanting the protocol to remain a secret or at least, protected (since it will get out one day surely). Maybe one of yall who get is can explain it to me, cos I am very confused.

Fantastic Member

Like Synch, it should definitely become his main costume. And maybe Laura, mask look interesting at least. Don't like the rest, especially Cyclops; he had bad outfit for the second year. Emma and Magik looked better last year.

It was interesting to read explanations about outfit designs last year. Hope they would do the same this year, and hopefully for every character involved in the gala.
    Last edited by Harasar; 03-16-2022 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    SO... all the *fire*... already makes it seem more like a real *inferno* than the *actual*... "official" 'Inferno'... ?

Wonder what, or likely *who*... could cause that?

I'm picturing Stephen King's 'Carrie'... just sayin'.
    I hope Emma substitutes the pig's blood with horse blood.

Yana really is cashing in on the Coronavirus face mask fashion late lol. Otherwise I like how she’s obviously influenced by Rachel’s look last year.

And I agree that Laura looks like she’s doing her own interpretation of a Batgirl cosplay, but on the other hand she’s really selling and owning the look and she knows it! I’ve never seen Laura as someone who enjoys going formal so this outfit suites her well.

I hope Emma has a nice train or something below as her outfit here is relatively tame and boring compared to her fabulous looks last year.

Overall Toots across the board for everyone here. Bring on Storm and Jean’s looks next!
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 03-16-2022 at 03:53 AM.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Every Gala really needs a theme to differentiate between each yearly crop of ensembles. Culturally insensitive Morlock couture theme when??

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post

I love that Russell Dauterman stated clearly that he only designed Magik, Wolverine, and Synch lol.
    He's not throwing shade about it. He considerately lists the many other contributors to the gala itself, the cover being advertised, and also identifies the designers for Scott and Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I dont understand why the world must know mutants have cracked resurrection... why is it their business again?

Also if the bigots discover that mutants are now "immortal" wont they find justifications and loopholes to exploit in order to try to destroy them? Like finding out your enemy cant really die is ine hell of a motivation to find unique ways to kill them.

Or maybe I am being crazy about wanting the protocol to remain a secret or at least, protected (since it will get out one day surely). Maybe one of yall who get is can explain it to me, cos I am very confused.
    I think the Quiet Council wants the Ressurection Protocols to remain secret, as it was shown in X-men when they decided Cyclops should present himself as Cap Krakoa. Probably because of the same reasons you listed, that I agree with.

If they decide to tell humanity about it, it is to go out in front of Orchis and reveal this with their own narrative instead of a negative one that Dr Stasis is planning to do at any moment now. Some kind of PR stunt. At this point, the cat is out of the bag already lol.

If you think about it, it took too long. All mutants know about it, and it would be reasonable to think that some idiot or betrayer would reveal this to the world.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Every Gala really needs a theme to differentiate between each yearly crop of ensembles. Culturally insensitive Morlock couture theme when??
    What part of "Morlock couture" though? 80's Dungeon and Dragons LARP outfits? Leather strips with rivets? Rags and worn out street clothes? What ever one could summarize the outfits of Gene Nation as?

Though one has to give them credit for actualy having some kind of rough guidelines to their outfits. I think the only other mutant group who ever managed to reach such consistency while retaining variation were the Acolytes.

Even the Arrakii only can muster that their backrounds mutants look like Conan the Barbarian rejects.

Hmm. In retrospective, Marrow's outfit from last year seems very "Morlock". Unflashy dress combined with open usage and expression of her mutation (the artist even included a little nod to her original Gene Nation outfit).

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I think the Quiet Council wants the Ressurection Protocols to remain secret, as it was shown in X-men when they decided Cyclops should present himself as Cap Krakoa. Probably because of the same reasons you listed, that I agree with.

If they decide to tell humanity about it, it is to go out in front of Orchis and reveal this with their own narrative instead of a negative one that Dr Stasis is planning to do at any moment now. Some kind of PR stunt. At this point, the cat is out of the bag already lol.

If you think about it, it took too long. All mutants know about it, and it would be reasonable to think that some idiot or betrayer would reveal this to the world.
    Imagine all mutants are without their knowledge psychic manipulated to only say "La-li-lu-le-lo" when they would mention the Protocols to none-mutants.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-16-2022 at 05:36 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    So this is the new X-Men team for Duggan I gather. Where is Jean?

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    So this is the new X-Men team for Duggan I gather. Where is Jean?
    This isn't Duggan's new team.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This isn't Duggan's new team.
    Just imagine. Jean is voted off and Emma will take her place. Can’t wait for the meltdowns. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post

Yep I am actually shocked that not one mutant has blurted it out by accident to their human relatives who in turn blurted it out to some else. Would make sense if mutant resurrection is some kind if rumour or myth. The smart thing will be exactly what you suggested, to get ahead of it before orchis and control the narrative.

My problem is the fact that some fans are trying to demonize the qc for desperately jot wanting this to be known in the outside world. Like why should the humans know... why are they entitled to that information.