Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    A rumored leak of a variant cover for X-Men: Hellfire Gala #1 by Nick Dragotta:

*pic*

Interesting.
    By now i can't help but have a slight chuckle at how artist feel the need to always have Wolverine and his kin be shown with their blades out, even if it makes no sense for the scene. As if they have to remind the audience "This is Wolverine. In case you haven't noticed by his easy to recognize civilian appearance."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    I don’t understand this whole “event.” I didn’t understand it last year, and I read the books (some of them). It’s a fancy dress party? And people are excited about this? I keep feeling like there’s some kind of joke I’m not getting.
    The X-Slack just does whatever they think is 'fun' even if there is no audience, and than editorial/marketing tries to ensure there is some big status quo change in the pages in order to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The X-Slack just does whatever they think is 'fun' even if there is no audience, and than editorial/marketing tries to ensure there is some big status quo change in the pages in order to sell it.
    I definitely think there is an audience for the galas, people are definitely interested in them and they spark social media buzz. Whether this an effective and interesting concept can be debated but, i think people really like these galas
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member

Definitely there are readers who like it, I just meant that the writers are not worried about that as much as they like the idea themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I dont understand why the world must know mutants have cracked resurrection... why is it their business again?

Also if the bigots discover that mutants are now "immortal" wont they find justifications and loopholes to exploit in order to try to destroy them? Like finding out your enemy cant really die is ine hell of a motivation to find unique ways to kill them.

Or maybe I am being crazy about wanting the protocol to remain a secret or at least, protected (since it will get out one day surely). Maybe one of yall who get is can explain it to me, cos I am very confused.
    Probably the moment it stops being a secret is the moment a timetable for it to stop being used hits. It's already going to probably be a sticking point with the Eternals.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    Much like last year, Russell Dauterman is most likely doing the 'voting + election' section of this issue so the fact that he designed the new looks for Synch and Wolverine could mean that they are getting reelected.
    Or it could mean that he is a fan of them.

With that in mind, my early guesses for the new X-Men team is:
    Jean Grey + Cyclops (the leaders)
    Synch
    Wolverine II
    Penance / Firestar (whoever won the X-Men vote)
    Northstar (hinted at in Polaris's letter in issue 5)
    Bling! (hinted at in Forge's letter in issue 8)
    Negasonic Teenage Warhead (hinted at in conversation in issue 8)

On the other hand, NTW could also be involved in the 'X-Men sidekicks team' that was being discussed early on.

What do you think?
    Maybe Iceman makes the cut, since he's yet to find a book to call home.
    I'm also wondering about Illyana -- only because she got the Dauterman treatment and in my mind, all Dauterman designed folks rank high on the candidacy likelihood scale haha

I do agree that Jean and Scott are probably mainstays, and I'd personally enjoy seeing Synch continuing his tenure, but who knows.
    Last edited by Fokken; 03-16-2022 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    A rumored leak of a variant cover for X-Men: Hellfire Gala #1 by Nick Dragotta:

Interesting.
    Is he dancing with a topless Storm there?

I think it's meant to be Jean, and I'm not sure why she looks topless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Is he dancing with a topless Storm there?
    She is not topless look at her hand she is wearing an uncoloured body suit.

Thanks. She looked topless and judging by the height differential I assumed it was Storm. Jean’s not that much taller than Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Thanks. She looked topless and judging by the height differential I assumed it was Storm. Jean’s not that much taller than Logan.
    Them heels will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    I don’t understand this whole “event.” I didn’t understand it last year, and I read the books (some of them). It’s a fancy dress party? And people are excited about this? I keep feeling like there’s some kind of joke I’m not getting.
    The looks are fun and galas are classy. More than that, the Hellfire Galas aren't just characters standing around and talking fashion all night. Last year, there was a ton goig on: Wolverine fought Deadpool, the mutants terraformed Mars, Prodigy found his murderer, Gabby was murdered, X-Corp dealt with Fenris, a new X-Men team was decided, and the Hellions crashed the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Just imagine. Jean is voted off and Emma will take her place. Can’t wait for the meltdowns. lol
    Imagine. During the next vote, instead of voting for new members, all the mutants in the world vote to kick Jean off for wearing that ugly dress. Jean changed, but it's too little, too late. And now Emma is there to save the team from fashion disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Them heels will do it.
    Yeah. Missed those six-inch heels. Ha.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    The looks are fun and galas are classy. More than that, the Hellfire Galas aren't just characters standing around and talking fashion all night. Last year, there was a ton goig on: Wolverine fought Deadpool, the mutants terraformed Mars, Prodigy found his murderer, Gabby was murdered, X-Corp dealt with Fenris, a new X-Men team was decided, and the Hellions crashed the party.

Imagine. During the next vote, instead of voting for new members, all the mutants in the world vote to kick Jean off for wearing that ugly dress. Jean changed, but it's too little, too late. And now Emma is there to save the team from fashion disaster.
    Only two of those things happened as part of the gala, everything else could have still happened.

Was there any indication who won the vote for newest member?