Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Flat colors by fan Clare Dugmore:

Wait is this the official colour?

Incredible Member

Looks like Firestar.

I think the Gala will be good. Last year the "main event" was Giant Size X-men, and that was great. But they wanted to make a whole X-event out of it, that's why they made something so big. But if you look closely, only Giant Size and Sword had big things that affected the franchise. Marauders served as an Introduction to the whole thing and X-men was a finale for Hickman and presentation of the new team. The other books just used the event to continue their own stories. You really don't need to read Way of X, Excalibur, Hellions, X-Force, Wolverine, X-Factor and X-Corp to read the Gala.

This year with the one-shot only (and some part at Duggan's X-men it seems), it will be probably an event issue like Giant-Size was, and that turned out great. I'm sure Duggan will make this one good again, his name is the only writer attached to it, he has much to deliver lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    He's not throwing shade about it. He considerately lists the many other contributors to the gala itself, the cover being advertised, and also identifies the designers for Scott and Emma.
    He didn’t initially credit anyone in his Instagram post. He just said who he designed. I didn’t mean he was necessarily being shady. I just thought it was funny that he specifically said who he designed (which be didn’t do in the past when he posted gala stuff that he didn’t design, I might add).

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Wait is this the official colour?
    No. A fan colored and shared it on Twitter.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I already love this. Emma looks best with shorter hair I think.

This other cover. It's Jean right?

Anyway, can't wait to see the rest of the looks. I love Dautermann's and Anka's work.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I'm already bored. One day in fashion you are in, the next day you are out. ;-) Hellfire Gala clearly already overstayed their welcome.

Jean looks vulgar. Not modern or sophisticated. misses some edge.

We need some Generation Z fashion sense here. So outdated and boring.

BANNED

Vulgar can be an aesthetic, and I think it fits because certain sects of the X-Men fanbase demand a virginity from Jean that I don't particularly care for.

I'm not sure if I think this is ugly yet. Alot is riding on the colors, assuming this is even a real cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    A one-shot is much better. Last year crossover was mostly padding and very little happening
    Oh, I missed that it's a one-shot. That makes a lot more sense. Making it a huge crossover event seemed even more superfluous than most crossover events. It would be as if Tom King's fun, charming "Date Night" issue of Batman where Batman and Catwoman and Superman and Lois go to a carnival together and talk and eat some cotton candy was turned into a big event crossing over multiple Superman and DC titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Vulgar can be an aesthetic, and I think it fits because certain sects of the X-Men fanbase demand a virginity from Jean that I don't particularly care for.

I'm not sure if I think this is ugly yet. Alot is riding on the colors, assuming this is even a real cover.
    I only tried to channel my Nina García impression. If it would be up to me all X-Men would be naked all the time.

Reducing the issue count is a necessity. Still this tease does nothing for me due to us not getting a clear look at any of the designs. When we get the teases of the full designs then I can get excited.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I only tried to channel my Nina García impression. If it would be up to me all X-Men would be naked all the time.
    Lol so better better put the mutants on HBO instead of Disney+

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Lol so better better put the mutants on HBO instead of Disney+
    honestly, I think HBO barely disappoints when it comes to series content...disney+ on the other hand...only has a few great flagship titles.

so yes, sell the X-Men rights, Disney!

We also know now how explicitly QUEER-Phobic Disney as a company really are (as if their content is not very clear about it).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I hope Surge is Added she has potential leadership qualities. Gentle powers will be a liability if added.
    As far as Gentle's powers go specifically, they're not actually a liability anymore, or shouldn't be. Jean discovered the pain he gets from using them is psychosomatic back in the original X-Men Red, and came up with a solution. It wasn't an overnight fix, but more than enough time has passed that like, there's zero reason writers have to be STUCK writing Gentle's powers as a hindrance to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    honestly, I think HBO barely disappoints when it comes to series content...disney+ on the other hand...only has a few great flagship titles.

so yes, sell the X-Men rights, Disney!
    Not gonna lie, the mutants would be spectacular in the DC Universe for multiple, MULTIPLE reasons, not least of which is the possibility of this team-up:

(Art by Vasco Georgiev)