Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default Has Anyone Read The Gwandanaland Comics Reprints

I have an interest in obscure Golden, Silver, and Bronze Age comics that are esoteric enough that they probably won't be reprinted by a major comics company anytime soon.

Aparrently this publisher Gwandanaland Comics publishes a lot of Golden and Silver Age comics not owned by Marvel or DC in small collections. Are the scans good? What should I expect?

All-New Member

I just registered so I could answer!

I have one Gwandanaland book, Eerie Publications Terror of Dracula. The scans seemed pretty good, comperable to the Chilling Archives of Horror Comics / Haunted Horror if you are familiar with those. The book itself held together well, but the edge of the cover did start to look like it wanted to separate into its different layers after some time. I was mostly pleased and would like to buy some other editions someday, especially now that they are making some hardcovers.

I also have the Complete Alarming Tales which I thought was a Gwandanaland book, but looking at my order history revealed it is a Classic Comics Library book. It has decent scans also.

All-New Member

Howdy! I have a few Gwandanaland books and I'm fairly happy with them. They don't really do any restoration, so the quality varies from page to page. On average, the art is usually a little murky but the text is readable. The Golden Age Dr. Occult book I got ranged wildly in quality; two pages appear to be actual photographs, while many are crisp and pristine. I wouldn't say they're perfect, but they're available and get the job done.