Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Impact Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Argonauts View Post
    I used to collect these Comics. I also remember seeing A reading Order. Which I had on my old computer that got fried. Now I can't find that Reading order. Any1 know what the Reading order is?
    You could probably just do the publishing order.
    I don't think it would mess anything up.
    Mike's Amazing Comics would be the best resource for that.
    DC Comics on sale May 1991 - the month Impact launched.
    Legend of the Shield launched in May.
    Comet and the Jaguar launched in June.
    The Fly and The Web (intentional pun?) launched in July, as did the Who's Who in the Impact Universe.
    Then Black Hood launched in October.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I worked on this Order and so far this is it for now but if I get any issue that says different I will change it

The Legend of the Shield #1 (Jul 91)

The Comet #1 (Jul 91)

The Legend of the Shield #2 (Aug 91)

The Comet #2 (Aug 91)

The Fly #1 (Aug 91)

The Jaguar #1 (Aug 91)

The Legend of the Shield #3 (Sep 91)

The Comet #3 (Sep 91)

The Fly #2 (Sep 91)

The Web #1 (Sep 91)

The Jaguar #2 (Sep 91)

The Legend of the Shield #4 (Oct 91)

The Comet #4 (Oct 91)

The Fly #3 (Oct 91)

The Web #2 (Oct 91)

The Jaguar #3 (Oct 91)

The Legend of the Shield #5 (Nov 91)

The Comet #5 (Nov 91)

The Fly #4 (Nov 91)

The Web #3 (Nov 91)

The Jaguar #4 (Nov 91)

The Legend of the Shield #6 (Dec 91)

The Comet #6 (Dec 91)

The Fly #5 (Dec 91)

Impact Winter Special #1 (Dec 91)

The Black Hood #1 (Dec 91)

The Web #4 (Dec 91)

The Jaguar #5 (Dec 91)

The Legend of the Shield #7 (Jan 92)

The Comet #7 (Jan 92)

The Fly #6 (Jan 92)

The Black Hood #2 (Jan 92)

The Web #5 (Jan 92)

The Jaguar #6 (Jan 92)

The Legend of the Shield #8 (Feb 92)

The Comet #8 (Feb 92)

The Fly #7 (Feb 92)

The Black Hood #3 (Feb 92)

The Web #6 (Feb 92)

The Legend of the Shield #9 (Mar 92)

The Comet #9 (Mar 92)

The Fly #8 (Mar 92)

The Black Hood #4 (Mar 92)

The Jaguar #7 (Mar 92)

The Web #7 (Apr 92)

The Web Annual #1 Earth Quest 1

The Legend of the Shield Annual #1 Earth Quest 2

The Comet Annual #1 Earth Quest 3

The Fly Annual #1 Earth Quest 4

The Jaguar Annual #1 Earth Quest 5

The Black Hood Annual #1 Earth Quest 6

The Legend of the Shield (Apr 92) #10 The Coming of The Crusaders 1

The Comet (Apr 92) #10 The Coming of The Crusaders 2

The Fly (Apr 92) #9 The Coming of The Crusaders 3

The Web #8 (Apr 92)

The Jaguar #8 (May 92)

The Black Hood (May 92) #5 The Coming of The Crusaders 4

The Web (May 92) #9 The Coming of The Crusaders 5

The Jaguar (May 92) #9 The Coming of The Crusaders 6

The Legend of the Shield (May 92) #11 The Coming of The Crusaders 7

The Crusaders #1 (May 92)

The Comet #11 (May 92)

The Fly #10 (May 92)

The Black Hood #6 (Jun 92)

The Web #10 (Jun 92)

The Jaguar #10 (Jun 92)

The Legend of the Shield #12 (Jun 92)

The Crusaders #2 (Jun 92)

The Comet #12 (Jun 92)

The Fly #11 (Jun 92)

The Black Hood #7 (Jul 92)

The Web #11 (Jul 92)

The Jaguar #11 (Jul 92)

The Legend of the Shield #13 (Jul 92)

The Crusaders #3 (Jul 92)

The Comet #13 (Jul 92)

The Fly #12 (Jul 92)

The Black Hood #8 (Aug 92)

The Web #12 (Aug 92)

The Jaguar #12 (Aug 92)

The Legend of the Shield #14 (Aug 92)

The Crusaders #4 (Aug 92)

The Comet #14 (Aug 92)

The Fly #13 (Aug 92)

The Black Hood #9 (Sep 92)

The Web #13 (Sep 92)

The Jaguar #13 (Sep 92)

The Legend of the Shield #15 (Sep 92)

The Crusaders #5 (Sep 92)

The Comet #15 (Sep 92)

The Fly #14 (Sep 92)

The Black Hood #10 (Oct 92)

The Web #14 (Oct 92)

The Jaguar #14 (Oct 92)

The Legend of the Shield #16 (Oct 92)

The Crusaders #6 (Oct 92)

The Comet #16 (Oct 92)

The Fly #15 (Oct 92)

The Black Hood #11 (Nov 92)

The Comet #17 (Nov 92)

The Crusaders #7 (Nov 92)

The Fly #16 (Nov 92)

The Black Hood #12 (Dec 92)

The Crusaders #8 (Dec 92)

The Comet #18 (Dec 92)

The Fly #17 (Dec 92)

Crucible #1 (Feb 93)

Crucible #2 (Mar 93)

Crucible #3 (Apr 93)

Crucible #4 (May 93)

Crucible #5 (Jun 93)

Crucible #6 (Jul 93)
    You are never too Young to hold a Lightsaber

Long list.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I've long imagined how DC could have done a revival of the Impact line. Of course, something like this will hardly happen, but it was fun to toy with the ideas and concepts they threw around.

• The Director – Capt. Michel Barnes, retired – When Barnes returned from the Crucible he found his body accordingly rejuvenated, but all his recovery effort was not erased. Now, one year later, Barnes is fully recovered. He is still very thin and walks with a limp and a cane. His body is still heavily scared, but he has grown some of his hair back. Barnes last mission as the American Shield was the rescue of Rob Connors from the clutches of the Magi. That mission left the American Shield suit almost totaled. With the confirmation of the threat posed by the Magi and the emergence of new enemies, such as the Conquerors - an organized cartel of super-villains composed of: The Black Witch (the daughter of the original), Storm-Trooper (the son of the original Capt. Commando), the Weapon, General Mechanix, Chromium, Shooting Star (the villainous Comet knock-off), the Wolf and led by beautiful, but deadly, Meridian - and other threats, the UN saw fit to reorganize the Web. Based in the US, the new organization would serve as a support team for an international superhuman task-force. The first recruits for this task-force were: The Comet, Dolphus, the Las Vegas adventurer Blackjack and Karen “Buster” Thomas, the veteran Web Operative wearing the re-tooled American Shield suit, now called the American Sentinel. When Barnes came in as the new Director, he decided the team needed more experienced heroes so he contacted Higgins, the Hood and his former teammates in the Crusaders. Barnes is a family man. He is loyal and patriotic, but his family is his foremost priority.
    • The Shield – Capt. Joe Higgins – After returning from the Crucible, Joe found out that he was missing for only a little over a year and a half in Earth time, even though he remembers being lost for over eight years. After being cleared from his court martial, he was reinstated as a lieutenant in the army and his service as the Shield earned him the promotion to captain. Joe is serving as a commanding officer in a Ranger unit when he is contacted by the Director and given back his original Shield armor, more indestructible then ever. A natural leader and a veteran field agent, the Shield is the experienced leader of the New Crusaders. The Shield armor is almost totally indestructible and, on top of that, it can generate a potent force field. While not exactly super-strong, Higgins is above average in the strength department and the Shield’s indestructible punch can do a lot of damage. The Shield armor also posses very powerful sensor capabilities and advanced communications gear.
    • The Black Hood – Nathaniel Cray – Also contacted by Barnes, Nate thought that this part of his life was over. He should have known better when the hood found it’s way back into his hands only a few days earlier. The Hood is unofficially the Crusader’s second in command and he feels that he has a lot to make up for to the Comet, because he failed to consider the switch when he was riding with the dupe. The Hood is a competent and experienced street-fighter, he is also proficient in the use of most personal weapons.
    • The Comet – Rob Connors – The Comet lost over the last two years of his life as a prisoner and a lab rat for the criminal organization known as the Magi. The Magi captured the Comet shortly after his battle against Kalathar alongside the Crusaders. They replaced both, Rob Connors and the Comet with genetic constructs, similar to clones but not as stable, to prevent anybody, specially the Crusaders, from coming to look for him. The dupe infused with the Comet power went insane, destroyed his fellow dupe and created the whole Crucible scenario. The Magi intent was to infuse the Comet power into their new, perfect, genetically constructed leader, the new Indigo, and make him the most powerful being on the face of the Earth. But after the genetic construct and their human guinea pig, both went mad (The human became Shooting Star), they decided against it. Connors was eventually freed by the American Shield and found out that his whole life had been destroyed. Connors is still trying to put his life back together and to find out where his powers really came from. The Comet is, arguably, the most powerful member of the Crusaders. He can fly at supersonic speeds, fire highly destructive laser blasts or just stun blasts and he also has some super-strength.
    • The American Sentinel - Karen “Buster” Thomas – After she returned from the Crucible, Karen retired from the Web and went into a successful career of writing Sci-Fi novels. However when Barnes retired as the American Shield and the Web went back into business, they needed an experienced field operative to operate the American Sentinel suit and no one fitted the profile better than Karen Thomas, with her eight-year-plus experience. Karen was brought into the job reluctantly and was supposed to lead the new Crusaders, but she was pushed from the top spot when Barnes brought Higgins in. While Karen doesn’t seem to hold a grudge against Higgins, she visibly resents Cray for taking over the command whenever Higgins is not around. The American Sentinel armor allows Karen to fly, generate very powerful pressor beams, a power punch and a focussed force-shield.
    • Dolphus – While the Crusaders were missing the British authorities captured Dolphus and convinced him to work for them as their representative in the new Crusaders. Dolphus is super-strong, amphibious and has empathic powers.
    • The Jaguar – Maria de Guzman – When she returned from the Crucible, Maria found out that she was missing for only a little over a year and a half in Earth time, even though she remembers being lost for over eight years. Accordingly rejuvenated by the mending time stream, Maria broke up her engagement with Jason Troy, and returned to Brazil to finish her studies and take over her family business. Maria was happy when Higgins called her to join the Crusaders, because it gives her an opportunity to mend her relationship with Jason. The Jaguar is unbelievably strong and agile. Aside from also being almost tireless the Jaguar has unparalleled tracking abilities and enhanced senses.
    • The Fly – Jason Troy – Jason’s situation is similar to Maria’s. He had to explain to his family why he was missing for a year and a half and also to get over eight years worth of memories of his relationship with Maria. However, he has returned to his normal life, his studies and, with his grandfather’s help, he is slowly continuing his career as the Fly. Jason also jumped at the opportunity to see Maria again when he was invited to rejoin the Crusaders. The Fly is super-strong and able to fly and stick to walls. He can also generate a hypersonic blast with his wings.
    • The new Captain Commando – The daughter of the original CC. Not much is known about her, but it seems that the mysterious new CC needs the Crusaders’ help in stopping her brother, the original successor to the CC title, who went bad and joined the new Black Witch as Storm-Trooper. The new CC joins the New Crusaders in their first mission. She is a superb athlete and hand-to-hand fighter. Plus, the new CC also seems to have quite a large knowledge of the occult. Apparently, she is not American.
    • Fireball – Josh Hawkins – Fireball enjoyed a fairly short career in the eyes of the public, disappearing only a couple of months after making his debut. But the boy from Manchester, Alabama, actually enjoyed eight years of experiences with his fellow Crusaders. When he returned to Earth, accordingly rejuvenated, Josh preferred to retire, until the Shield came knocking on his door. Fireball is able to float at super-speed and generate a kind of flame energy that he throws as fireballs.
    • Blackjack - Also not much is known on his background, but BJ is an Olympic-level athlete with a few gambling related gimmicks and his home-base is Las Vegas, where he seems to be a mover and shaker.

Aside from the Conquerors and Indigo and the Magi (A Geneticist, a Robotics Expert, a Computer Whiz, a Weapons Maker, a Chemist), the Crusaders will also have to contend with the American sponsored super-team, The Cyber-Power (Maxx-14, Mann-X, Inferno II and the Web Centurion).

Peace

You can have Crusaders without the Web, sorry, I mean, without the W.E.B. And to avoid similarites, why not make than the armour of the Shield fused with Higgins when he returned from the Crucible?

I say than in Crucible Nate won his happy ending. Give the mask to a new character.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Speaking of the New Crusaders, the most recent run did okay, I think.
    The art wasn't great, but it did get some buzz from Dean Haspiel's Fox.
    Archie is just worse than DC at cultivating teams.

Matter of fact, I came across some old Comics Buyers Guides or Comic Shop News (forgot which), where they were mentioning the new creator on 'Mighty Crusaders' beck in the '80s.
    The writer simply said that he was going to ignore the previous issues and start over. (The book ended shortly after.)
    The line was already suffering because issues came out so sporadically, but then the core team book just erased the continuity with no explanation.

I think these characters are just doomed to be mismanaged.

I admit that I have a weird soft spot for these characters. It's Ian Flynn's fault for making me care about them. I'm always happy to see them, I just wish Archie would sell them off instead of sitting on them, they come out of the toybox every few years then they put them back.

Imagine someone other than Disney or Warner making a Shared Cinematic Universe with these characters. I think it could be awsome, as long as they stick as much as they can to the original concepts.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 06-08-2022 at 09:22 AM.

I found the articles about the '80s Archie line.

#13 would be the last issue of Mighty Crusaders, making the new continuity changes moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Imagine someone other than Disney or Warner making a Shared Cinematic Universe with these characters. I think it could be awsome, as long as they stick as much as they can to the original concepts.

Peace
    At least the Black Mask and the Shield had their chance at the CW. Kinda.
    And I don't see Disney working on these characters. I mean, look where the Ultraverse and Crossgen propierties are.

Incredible Member

Never read this version I did like the 08 kick at the can DC did.

Didn’t get into or read !mpact. Did the character The Hangman ever appear? If he did, was there an origin?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine322 View Post
    Didn’t get into or read !mpact. Did the character The Hangman ever appear? If he did, was there an origin?
    He did appear:https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Eric_Adams_(Impact)
    Screenshot 2022-06-09 133612.jpg