Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    One thing that bothers me though and it's just cause how my brain works. Does this mean the 1,000,000 BC crew from avengers failed and all humanity was wiped out in just 400,000 years.
    I think it’s Gillen subtly calling out the fact that, however awesome the idea of cavemen Avengers are, there were no humans a million years ago. Our evolution was on the predecessor species of our predecessor species by then. But Aaron wanted Cavemen/the first host/gods bad so he forced the issue

Also the fact that Odin/Ve/Vili canonically murdered every human on Earth and made replacements to cover up Cul’s existence at some point, so human evolution in Marvel is very finnicky
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 03-17-2022 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I think it’s Gillen subtly calling out the fact that, however awesome the idea of cavemen Avengers are, there were no humans a million years ago. Our evolution was on the predecessor species of our predecessor species by then. But Aaron wanted Cavemen/the first host/gods bad so he forced the issue

Also the fact that Odin/Ve/Vili canonically murdered every human on Earth and made replacements to cover up Cul’s existence at some point, so human evolution in Marvel is very finnicky
    What in the world is happening in the Avengers office xD

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    i mean what do you expect. these are the people telling us the phoenix is thor's mom (aaron) while literally at the same time (the books were 2 weeks apart) cates is saying Gaea is thor's mom

Astonishing Member

The thing I'm actually most curious about is whether or not Marauders ties into this event, with its whole plot in Shi'ar space searching for the first generation of mutants. One would assume that if there was any truth at all to the idea that mutants are an offshoot of deviants that the first generation of mutants would be very relevant to this particular event, but so far we haven't seen any hints of overlap between Marauders and Judgment Day. So that more than anything is what has me of the opinion there's no basis for this whatsoever beyond Druig and Thanos just making shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I mean shauna gorath isbtbthe back bone of the galactic economy now is he?

So how does he relate to this? We are talking economics abs politics and you are bringing in chaos dimension.

The fact of the matter is that as at now, the sol is the centre for galactic economical activity, arakko controls the sol and solely supplies it giving them basically rule over the galactic economy. And from anyone who knows the economy is closely tied to almost all forms and areas of live of a people. From medicine, to education to agriculture .... etc. All feed into and are fed by the economy. Control the galactic economy and you basically control the galaxy. Last I checked earth still existed in the galaxy.
    And how does galactic economy affect earth? It doesn't. And even if it does we haven't seen it. That's my point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    That was revealed a decade ago in Fear Itself. Aaron ain’t got nothing to with it (to my knowledge) beyond tieing it into his take on Norse myths and ‘gods bad!’

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelfan1992 View Post
    i mean what do you expect. these are the people telling us the phoenix is thor's mom (aaron) while literally at the same time (the books were 2 weeks apart) cates is saying Gaea is thor's mom
    Which only happened because a lot of people inside the Avenger's office disagreed with that reveal and are trying to forcibly change it back? I don't think it's a secret that even the other writer's aren't massive fans of some of the plot elements Aaron has introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    If it was just the X-Men it'd be more even, but all the random mutants and supervillains included? Yea no, they shouldn't stand a chance.
    The Eternals are supposed to have a fuckton of Celestial weaponry stashed away. They couldn't access it because of Uranus until now, but maybe they will get them back after the events in the current arc of Eternals. I think these should be enough to balance both sides of the conflict.

Also, I am not so sure that many mutants are at Eternal level... Every time there is a mass fight, we see either the same few mutants doing most of the fighting or these few mutants beating around armies of lesser mutants... I think only there are only a few dozens of mutants on Krakoa able to fight the X-Men as equals...

As for the Eternals, there are like 80-90 active Eternals (most renegade Uranians joined back the Eternals after the Titan and Uranus colonies were devastated; only a few of them remain Excluded), and each of them have the powers of like six alpha mutants combined (flight, invulnerability, superhuman strength, endurance, reflexes and speed), regeneration, energy beans, telepathy and matter transmutation...). Sersi did fight Exodus, an Omega mutant, on her own, and while she lost, she suffered no wounds and was able to join the fight immediately afterwards, and Exodus is a team killer able to fight whole X-Men teams on his own.

If the Eternals attack united, wielding all their Celestial weaponry and using the element of surprise to their advantage, they can be a threat to Krakoa...
    Last edited by Habis; 03-17-2022 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    The Eternals are supposed to have a fuckton of Celestial weaponry stashed away. They couldn't access it because of Uranus until now, but maybe they will get them back after the events in the current arc of Eternals. I think these should be enough to balance both sides of the conflict.
    But to get the weapons they have to kill Uranos which triggers his fail safe of the planet being destroyed. The crux was lose the weapons or lose the machine.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    ORCHIS is currently considered an existential threat to Krakoa....If Orchis qualifies the Eternals probably do.

Also you got Thanos, Thanos' uncle....hell maybe Thanos just starts calling in all his favors with Marvel's cosmic side.

"Corvus, it's Thanos. Listen, I want you to get the rest of the Black Order, find Thane. I've got a gig that I swear will work out for us this time. I'll owe everyone a favor. Also let Ego know I'm calling in my favor..he's dead? Fine, get Galactus instead, and if he's dead call Adam Warlock"
    The Black Order did fight the mutants once. Because thier tactic was just to take out the Omega class mutants. That was under Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    I am kind of wondering why the Avengers would be the “police” between two warring parties if the eternals are straight up going to try and murder the mutants just for being different? Wouldn’t the Avengers just straight up smack down the eternals for that ? Anyway I am not getting my hopes up for this event but maybe we will see some smaller personal triumphs for some of the x-men. If we are truly honest just Legion alone could probably just blink all the eternals including Thanos out of existence with just a blink of his eye. But somehow comics book stories, gazpachio and some other contrived shenanigans the x-men will somehow start to lose ( because according to marvel that is the thing that makes the x-men who they are) and the avengers will save them and then of course the avengers and the Eternals take out the real big bad together with one token x-men added to their ranks. While the rest of the x/men will go: thanks you massa Avengers sirs!
    As I said in another thread, the Avengers have Godhead Thor, the Phoenix, the Starbrand, Binary, Godslayer Iron Man and a Ghost Rider able to ride the undead corpse of a Celestial... The weakest among these, Binary, has the power of a sun. If anybody can step in and stop a fight between Krakoa and the Eternals, it is them...

As for why they won't side with Krakoa against the Eternals... I doubt the Eternals will explain what they are trying to do... they will probably craft some credible excuse for their actions... and taking into account that Mr. Sinister, Xorn, Magneto, Exodus, Selene, Mystique, Gideon...etc., are living in Krakoa, it shouldn't be hard to cook some believable story...

As for the mutants, they won't ask for the Avengers help, and they won't accept it if offered... they have too many secrets of their own to hide, and they are too jealous of their autonomy... They will go "this is a mutant issue" and drive away any outsider who tries to meddle...

The Avengers will probably be like "What the fuck is happening?! What is that?! Why is everything exploding?! Why won't anybody tell us anything?!".
    Last edited by Habis; 03-17-2022 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    But to get the weapons they have to kill Uranos which triggers his fail safe of the planet being destroyed. The crux was lose the weapons or lose the machine.
    But Uranus has given the keys to Thanos. If they defeat Thanos, they may recover the weapons.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    As I said in another thread, the Avengers have Godhead Thor, the Phoenix, the Starbrand, Binary, Godslayer Iron Man and a Ghost Rider able to ride the undead corpse of a Celestial... The weakest among these, Binary, has the power of a sun. If anybody can step in and stop a fight between Krakoa and the Eternal, it is them...

As for why they won't side with Krakoa against the Eternals... I doubt the Eternals will explain what they are trying to do... they will probably craft some credible excuse for their actions... and taking into account that Mr. Sinister, Xorn, Magneto, Exodus, Selene, Mystique, Gideon...etc., are living in Krakoa, it shouldn't be hard to cook some believable story...

As for the mutants, they won't ask for the Avengers help, and they won't accept it if offered... they have too many secrets of their own to hide, and they are too jealous of their autonomy... They will go "this is a mutant issue" and drive away any outsider who tries to meddle...

The Avengers will probably be like "What the fuck is happening?! What is that?! Why is everything exploding?! Why won't anybody tell us anything?!".
    Point of order, Gideon is currently a magic portal to the Otherworld

Edit: nvm, I misremembered which Externals got sacrificed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

I have not kept up with recent new avengers comics(i will catch up down the road) but reading some of the history of odin it dos not mention him replacing humans/humanoids.

Burning Aesheim
    Odin then slaughtered the people of Aesheim, razing and renaming it Midgard for that no god would ever live there again. Leading his armies, he destroyed the realm, assaulting the fortresses of the mortals and killing every single one of them; billions of mortals tainted by the Serpent's sickness. Odin was known then as the Usurper or the Destroyer.
    He erased the memory of his brother, and became the All-Father, trying to rule with patience and compassion (unlike Cul), and trying to escape the World Tree prophecy.
    You saying odin did a secret wars(everyone died on earth)but with odin he recreated and replaced on earth new humans etc.?
    It almost sounds like secret wars when Reed Richards rebirth the multiverse and everyone came back,but odin did not bring back those he killed but instead just recreated and replace the ones he killed.

That story in-universe could be a tale/fable just like him creating the first humans,or one of west african gods or yahweh creating the first humans .

Here something below about.
    Note-
    Many beings have taken roles of evolutionary caretakers or manipulators and may contradict themselves.
    In the same register, the origins/genesis story cross and possibly contradict themselves, due to time travels, telling distortion of stories, gods or god-like beings interventions...
    Other inconsistencies remains in the datation of events.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Earth

Humans/marvel 616
    1,000,000 BC

Aesheim burning

Homo erectus

One million years ago, "The "evolutionary borderline between apes and humans" existed.under the form of Homo erectus. The two pre-human spawned a tribe over the centuries, the Wanderers, that had their leader and its mate to return each year (in the course of the tribe's migration) to the Garden.

First modern men and mutants
    Around that time, while most men communicated with grunts, smarter individuals using articulated languages began to sprung, such as those who became known as Ghost Rider and Wendigo.
    At the same period, Agamotto mentioned mutants,presumably referencing Lady Phoenix.

First Host, Deviants, Eternals and origin of the Mutants
    After weeks of experiments, the last subjects of Oneg were released and the Celestials left the planet

Note-
    i just remember reading as well odin creating humans is a whisper(meaning gossip/rumor).

The below story for odin by the way was he killed those in fortresses(military folks)not everybody on earth.
    Burning Aesheim
    Odin then slaughtered the people of Aesheim, razing and renaming it Midgard for that no god would ever live there again. Leading his armies, he destroyed the realm, assaulting the fortresses of the mortals and killing every single one of them;billions of mortals tainted by the Serpent's sickness.Odin was known then as the Usurper or the Destroyer.
    Odin creating all humans and destroying all of them and recreating and replacing them is not true.

There are stories that Buluku and Yahweh creating humans and the 616 universe as well and other creation myths.
    These stories are not true as well.
    Many beings have taken roles of evolutionary caretakers or manipulators and may contradict themselves.
    In the same register, the origins/genesis story cross and possibly contradict themselves, due to time travels, telling distortion of stories, gods or god-like beings interventions...
    Other inconsistencies remains in the datation of events.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-18-2022 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    My main hope for the event is that that it doesn't put me off of the Eternals forever.

AvX was the first Avengers story I read as a reasonably new X-Men fan and let me tell you nothing put me off of buying Avengers comics (or Wolverine comic for a while) more than that event.

Same thing with IvX and the Inhumans, although I'd at least enjoyed their role in War of Kings first by that point.

I have faith in Gillen at least. His Uncanny was pretty good and The Wicked and The Divine is one of my favourite series of all time.
    Do I understand correctly from this that you haven't read Gillen's Eternals? It's fantastic. If you like his work, I seriously doubt anything he does with them is going to put you off them.

Agreed on WicDiv. Actually, the affinity between that and Eternals (both about ancient, godlike beings going through cycles of death and resurrection) hadn't occurred to me until just now. The similiarity doesn't end there, but to say more would be spoiler-ish for his Eternals run.
    Last edited by Yohei72; 03-17-2022 at 08:51 PM.