Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Enjoy!

And remind me if Merklynn's spell that screwed up Darkstorm's plans so badly was an illusion or actually something that happened and he basically fixed it all. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Add Visionaries to the list!
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I am now somewhat pushing for the Visionaries - assuming they get Merklynn - to take this one.

Without Merklynn, they're pretty decent (with vehicles, and yes, for some of them vehicles are standard equipment, just like M.A.S.K.) but there's just not enough of them. And Power Staves only get one shot of whateverthehell the particular staff does.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Genuinely shocked there's not a "Who has the best theme song/intro" question in this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Genuinely shocked there's not a "Who has the best theme song/intro" question in this?
    I think it should be more 'whose intro is tolerable?' Because these half-hour toy commercials...I mean, cartoons, had awful intros.

Visionaries' intro was...not so great. It could have been decent, but the theme was just agonizing.

Wait, M.A.S.K. was so painfully 80's* that I think Visionaries just got a boost.

* and not in any good way, if such is possible when we speak of the 80's.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I think it should be more 'whose intro is tolerable?' Because these half-hour toy commercials...I mean, cartoons, had awful intros.

Visionaries' intro was...not so great. It could have been decent, but the theme was just agonizing.

Wait, M.A.S.K. was so painfully 80's* that I think Visionaries just got a boost.

Yeah! M.A.S.K. is an all-time favorite!! Another classic would be G.I.Joe (especially, the movie version):

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-17-2022 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Best intro is Galaxy Rangers or Silverhawks.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    *Is happy again.*

Yeah, if you’ve got the Spectral Knights, Darkling Lords and Merklynn, they’re going to do very well here (until they get to He-Man & Skeletor)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies
    ...if we have Merklynn, they're going to absolutely dominate.
    No offence but the OP specified Hero teams only. That means no Darkling Lords or other villains. No Merklynn either since he's a supporting character not a protagonist, and he's far from heroic. In one episode he flat-out threatened to harm the Spectral Knights cities if they didn't obey him.

Besides if we were including villains/supporting cast then that would include the Crown Empire for the Galaxy Ranger. The Queen of the Crown has the entire population of multiple planets under her control.

Again, the OP stated Hero teams only.

Edit: Yes the OP says everyone has all their gear/resources but that should only include anyone that's fully on their side and directly aligned with their group. Merklynn isn't on the Spectral Knights side. He's a neutral party that assists both sides.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 03-17-2022 at 08:47 AM.

Incredible Member

Are you kidding? Most of those shows had awesome intros. M.A.S.K.'s intro was epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade
    Best intro is Galaxy Rangers or Silverhawks.
    Silverhawks is very good and I like listening to it but for me it loses points due to that "partly metal, partly real" line. It's not like metal is imaginary; metal is real.

Yes I know, it's a reference to the Silverhawks being cyborgs and means "real" as in "natural." As in having a real arm instead of an artificial prosthetic one. It still bugs me.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 03-17-2022 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    No offence but the OP specified Hero teams only. That means no Darkling Lords or other villains. No Merklynn either since he's a supporting character not a protagonist, and he's far from heroic. In one episode he flat-out threatened to harm the Spectral Knights cities if they didn't obey him.

Besides if we were including villains/supporting cast then that would include the Crown Empire for the Galaxy Ranger. The Queen of the Crown has the entire population of multiple planets under her control.

Again, the OP stated Hero teams only.

Edit: Yes the OP says everyone has all their gear/resources but that should only include anyone that's fully on their side and directly aligned with their group. Merklynn isn't on the Spectral Knights side. He's a neutral party that assists both sides.
    Oh, no worries about the offense, clarity is good. Valid point - actual OP says 'teams', but title of thread says 'heroes', so Merklynn is out. ^_^

I don't feel Visionaries have a hope in hell, then, due to their tiny numbers and one-shot Power Staves. The vehicles will help a little, but there's like...two.

Are you kidding? Most of those shows had awesome intros. M.A.S.K.'s intro was epic!
    It has multiple scenes of Scott and T-Bob. -_-

Also, having lived through the 80's in my teens (and found them wanting*, the current nostalgic trend toward that time is somewhat baffling except, I guess, regarding its nigh-relentless positivity), I find the theme song agonizing, but admit to the fact that this is personal preference. ^_^

Mileage, obviously, may vary!

* ...except for Dr. Strange comics, which were awesome in the 80's.
    Why are we here?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    This is G.I. Joe's fight for both 1 and 2.

Their team has hundreds of named characters as well and countless greenshirts and standard equipment for some of them includes things like tanks, jets, and entire aircraft carriers.
    No offence but the forum rules specify standard equipment as:

"Each side starts out with the equipment that they normally and have been shown to consistently carry on them."

I'm pretty sure vehicles are not counted as standard equipment since you can't exactly carry tanks, jets, and entire aircraft carriers around on you. So for scenario 1 the Joes just get their laser rifles and whatever other weapons they carry.

For the second scenario, that means the Galaxy Rangers also get all the resources of BETA, including an armada of fully-crewed star-ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Vs He-man though, they're going to run up way short. Joe members only have a handful of characters that would even be considered peak human and I doubt the majority of their weapons could even scratch He-man.
    True.

Incredible Member

Oh, no worries about the offense, clarity is good. Valid point - actual OP says 'teams', but title of thread says 'heroes', so Merklynn is out. ^_^
    Thanks.

I don't feel Visionaries have a hope in hell, then, due to their tiny numbers and one-shot Power Staves. The vehicles will help a little, but there's like...two.
    I agree.

It has multiple scenes of Scott and T-Bob. -_-
    I honestly don't mind Scott and T-Bob. Compared to most kid sidekick characters I find them tolerable. Plus IIRC they generally wound up in the thick of things usually by accident. When Matt told them specifically to stay out of it they usually did so.

Also, having lived through the 80's in my teens (and found them wanting*, the current nostalgic trend toward that time is somewhat baffling except, I guess, regarding its nigh-relentless positivity), I find the theme song agonizing, but admit to the fact that this is personal preference. ^_^

Mileage, obviously, may vary!
    That is very true.

In which case Transformers have got to be favourite above GI Joe, right? Grimlock and Optimus Prime alone could do a hell of a lot of damage.

I honestly don't mind Scott and T-Bob. Compared to most kid sidekick characters I find them tolerable. Plus IIRC they generally wound up in the thick of things usually by accident. When Matt told them specifically to stay out of it they usually did so.
    I've...detested such things for, like, ever. Seriously. They never, ever struck a chord with me, even when I was quite young; I just wanted to see the adults doing action stuff, not have a kid...I don't know, spray water on the floor so the villains would fall over and writhe on the floor helplessly or the like. ^_^ So for all that Scott and his insanely smiling robot egg were more palatable than others, it's one of those 'more palatable annoyance is still annoyance' for me. But again, that's personal preference.

This reminds me, where is C.O.P.S.? I mean, they're winning nothing but the 'cool characters' and 'romance'* categories**, but still. ^_^ 1989, they squeak in!

* Like, wth? and how awesome was that?

** And possibly the intro, the only annoyance being the constant 'Cops!' in the background.
    Why are we here?

Yeah! Couldn't agree more!!