Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    7? Did you mean 6?
    Yes, so bad is the game its number has been replaced in my mind lol

I liked the theory of Wesker body hopping after his death.

https://screenrant.com/how-albert-we...show-theories/

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This series got released yesterday and I watched the first two episodes. I don't understand why this is Resident Evil. Wesker as a hard working family man does not compute. Whoever this character is has no business calling himself Albert Wesker.

The show is doing the split timlines where it tells separate stories post and pre outbreak. I'm not fond of the pre outbreak storyline so far. Jade is a massive unlikable asshole. Billie was fine but being PETA levels of stupid becomes patient zero. Umbrella is comically evil in both timelines and just about the only thing true to the source material this show does.

When I dissociate these episodes from RE I thought it was solid. I'm going to continue watching to see if it evolves into anything like the games.

Ultimate Member

Never seen the games, so I like it.

I watched up to episode 4 of Netflix Resident Evil. More material from the games are slowly coming into play. Also some nice references and Easter eggs

spoilers:
    The original outbreak in the original Raccoon City happened in this show and in the same year of 98. Unlike the game Umbrella and the US government successfully covered up the incident. Apparently a gas leak completely wiped a city off the map��

Also Wesker died in 2009 (lines up with the timeframe of RE5). The Wesker of this show is likely an imposter. Jade and Billie don't exist in any official documentation. Plot thickens.

Baxter uses the master of unlocking line when breaking out of his cell. He uses twin lugers when he manages to grab some guns. Clearly a callback to Steve from CV

Jade barricade herself in a barracks to protect herself from a horde. The place with filled with supplies and an old typewriter. Clearly this is a save room.
    end of spoilers

I have binge watched it this weekend. I haven’t played the games so I can’t say if it is a good adaptation or not, but I really liked the show. I had some issues with it (the poor security at the Umbrella facility in the first episode bugged me the most), but to me it was a great mix of drama, zombies and conspiracy. I liked the first three movies, but I enjoyed this more. I hope there is a second season, but the ratings on imdb and rottentomatoes are horrible.

Lance Reddick was incredible as Wesker. I liked most of the leads, but my favorite was Baxter!

Watched 3 of these on a plane. It's alright I guess. Don't mind at all that it doesn't follow the game story at all because they're batshit and we've had enough of that in the lacklustre animated films already. However, it is very generic indeed and feels like every other streaming show - dual timelines is a very rote way nowadays to ensure that very little happens in each episode so that the big plot twists will land at end of season to set up the next, until it is unceremoniously cancelled unresolved.

I finished it and overall I say skip it. Pre outbreak story is absolute trash. There are no likeable characters besides Wesker (Reddick has everything to do with that), Umbrella is hilariously incompetent, and this school setting is not RE. This feels like a YA story that got slapped with the RE name. Post Outbreak story is better but it spend too much time being directionless. Whenever the episode needed a dose of action they will focus on post outbreak.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

It's not bad, it's just not a good Resident Evil adaptation. On it's own, it's a decent creature feature series. And Lance Riddick is awesome as always. This should have been it's own thing, but then again people would be comparing it to Resident Evil anyway Ironically. If you're a fan of the game and don't like diversions skip it. Though I must say it's far better than the horrific movies.

Astonishing Member

I hope Kaya Scodelario will live to fight other movie monsters, and I hope the Borderlands and new Super Mario Bros movies work out ok.

Ultimate Member

I watched 3 episodes of that Resident Evil series but I couldn't finish it.

It wasn't very good.