Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I've never used his ashes (did his full NPC quest so I could defile him properly), but his sword, the Sword of Milos is brutal. So if the ash still carries it I can see him putting out good damage AND bleed.

My go-to ash summons: 1) Mimic. I'm my own best friend, as it should be. 2) Black Knife Tiche. Evasive, great dps. A little squishy if she gets caught in aoe's, but she just pours damage out like crazy. 3) Cleanrot Knight Finlay. She's like a midpoint between the tankiness of mimic and the dps of Tiche, but she also applies Rot. 4) Greatshield soldiers. If anything gets behind them or aoe's them they are crazy squishy, but it's five guys with greatshields. They hold a line pretty well and are AMAZING at taking and holding aggro. Whenever I just need to do what I need to without being bothered, these guys are my go to. 5) Anything skelly. They don't actually die unless something hits them on the ground in the reanimation animation, just like the skelly enemies. Which makes them delightfully tough. Just watch out for enemies with holy weapons, cause then they kind of suck.
    Yeah I keep hearing Black Knight tiche is really good. Might have to go for that.

Extraordinary Member

Worst boss fight ever. I never played a game where npcs had so many advantages and players were put at disadvantage intentionally like this. Seriously software you gotta do better. But whatever I finally beat this bastard. He still oneshot my guy after he was dead smdh...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Worst boss fight ever. I never played a game where npcs had so many advantages and players were put at disadvantage intentionally like this. Seriously software you gotta do better. But whatever I finally beat this bastard. He still oneshot my guy after he was dead smdh...lol.
    They need to seriously rethink how their camera works if they insist on having all these giant enemies. Way too many boss fights consist of something's ankles taking up the entire screen.

Going through Journey 2 right now. Overall, I'm loving this game, 120 hours before I went ahead and finished it and I just immediately want to run through it again. I still say the bosses range from bland to annoying but since you can nuke most of them down in a few seconds, it's not a big deal. I will say though, while weapons arts and spells are cool, I hope that FromSoftware really overhauls the actual melee combat for their next Souls-style game. Compared to Nioh, their own Sekiro or...hell...even The Surge, combat just hasn't evolved at all since Demon's Souls. In fact, I'd say it actually feels a little worse, because the game surrounding that combat has gotten so much faster and flashier. I'm not expecting their games to turn into DMC but...Sekiro's right there. Build on that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    They need to seriously rethink how their camera works if they insist on having all these giant enemies. Way too many boss fights consist of something's ankles taking up the entire screen.

Going through Journey 2 right now. Overall, I'm loving this game, 120 hours before I went ahead and finished it and I just immediately want to run through it again. I still say the bosses range from bland to annoying but since you can nuke most of them down in a few seconds, it's not a big deal. I will say though, while weapons arts and spells are cool, I hope that FromSoftware really overhauls the actual melee combat for their next Souls-style game. Compared to Nioh, their own Sekiro or...hell...even The Surge, combat just hasn't evolved at all since Demon's Souls. In fact, I'd say it actually feels a little worse, because the game surrounding that combat has gotten so much faster and flashier. I'm not expecting their games to turn into DMC but...Sekiro's right there. Build on that.
    Yeah they definitely need to work on that camera. And you can target something be right in front of it and still miss-terrible.. But this is my first game from them. Overall yeah I'm having fun. But def room for improvement.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

LOOOOL I kept hearing how he was so op. Got him up to plus 10...hopefully he'll be more useful later.
    some of these sidequests are pure dog **** and aren't worth the time; I'm going for the Ranni ending so that is the only one I'm focusing on other then that I am killing everyone

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    some of these sidequests are pure dog **** and aren't worth the time; I'm going for the Ranni ending so that is the only one I'm focusing on other then that I am killing everyone
    Yeah I was messing with Ranni to get the gloveworts lol might try to finish her quest. Maybe get dungeater's armor.

Yeah I was messing with Ranni to get the gloveworts lol might try to finish her quest. Maybe get dungeater's armor.
    Yeah I am at the Rot Lake right now about to fight that alien fucker

Mighty Member

It's interesting to see different player's perspectives on their respective runthroughs. Because I honestly thought Fire Giant was relatively fair, and not that difficult (though not easy, certainly). I made a few mistakes and had to take like 3-4 tries at him, but his patterns were easy to read once I'd seen them all, and I found him quite easy to dodge. I don't think he even hit me at all on my victorious attempt. A great fight, in my mind, in terms of spectacle.

Are you playing mostly as a caster, or more melee focused? I'm curious. I'm running a hybrid build where I'm about as comfortable up close as I am at range, so I feel like I have tools for any situation and it's rare that I ever feel overwhelmed or overmatched. And, quite frankly, if I pull out my summon in a boss fight I feel like I've activated easy mode.

I make an exception for gank bosses. If there are two of them, there will be two of me and I don't care if it makes the fight trivial or not. Counter-ganked the Godskin Duo just this afternoon, hilariously. One of them died when my mimic hit him with a full Fortisax' Lightning Spear right in the back while I was holding aggro for like 1700 dmg. Then the other one turned on my mimic and I took my shot. Double buffed (Lightning Shrouding Cracked tear in the Physick, plus Golden Vow) FLS at point blank range. Took 2700 damage in the combo. I was laughing so hard I almost forgot to grab the SoG after the fight.

Mighty Member

Tonight's project: Dragonlord Placidusax

Let's start with the cutscene. Glorious. All the boss cutscenes in this game have been spectacular, but this may be my favorite. Gorgeous.

As for the fight itself... this may be where I have to concede a bit to the crowd that contends bosses can do too much in Elden Ring. His first phase is tremendously fun, a really well designed dragon encounter where he has a bunch of new stuff to play with but more or less conforms to the archetype. But that phase 2. Damn. Warping around the bloody arena like Sonic the blooming Hedgehog, teleporting like a Mileena player in MKX. And then Placidusax's Ruin to top it off. And did I mention he can use Ancient Dragon Lightning Strike while he does all of that?

I raged. I wept. Then I conquered. But yeah, that fight was both incredibly entertaining and ridiculously frustrating. Giving a dude with every ranged option under the sun the ability to get you off him literally any time he wants was probably a bit too much. And all the clutter! Track the dragon, dodge the claw dive, sprint out of the lightning strike and then try to chase down the dragon just for him to *poof* every time you get five meters from him, reappear halfway across the massive arena, and spam Placidusax's Ruin.

I didn't summon, but if I'm being honest, I'm not sure how much it would have helped anyway. Dude was elusive as all heck, with big AOEs and all my ash summons have a tendency to face tank things like Ruin and get nuked anyway. It's hard for me to picture a summon being able to damage him much, let alone hold aggro to give you any openings. Your mileage may vary.

Glad that's over with. Tomorrow, on to The Black Blade and the endgame!

Extraordinary Member

Yeah I am at the Rot Lake right now about to fight that alien fucker
    Haha I heard there was an alien at Stormveil castle haven't seen him yet. I got to the rot lake ran into the dragon that holds another katana. Think i'm gonna finish him off later. Holding off on Farum Azula cuz I heard you can't do anymore side quests after you enter.

Extraordinary Member

It's interesting to see different player's perspectives on their respective runthroughs. Because I honestly thought Fire Giant was relatively fair, and not that difficult (though not easy, certainly). I made a few mistakes and had to take like 3-4 tries at him, but his patterns were easy to read once I'd seen them all, and I found him quite easy to dodge. I don't think he even hit me at all on my victorious attempt. A great fight, in my mind, in terms of spectacle.

Are you playing mostly as a caster, or more melee focused? I'm curious. I'm running a hybrid build where I'm about as comfortable up close as I am at range, so I feel like I have tools for any situation and it's rare that I ever feel overwhelmed or overmatched. And, quite frankly, if I pull out my summon in a boss fight I feel like I've activated easy mode.

I make an exception for gank bosses. If there are two of them, there will be two of me and I don't care if it makes the fight trivial or not. Counter-ganked the Godskin Duo just this afternoon, hilariously. One of them died when my mimic hit him with a full Fortisax' Lightning Spear right in the back while I was holding aggro for like 1700 dmg. Then the other one turned on my mimic and I took my shot. Double buffed (Lightning Shrouding Cracked tear in the Physick, plus Golden Vow) FLS at point blank range. Took 2700 damage in the combo. I was laughing so hard I almost forgot to grab the SoG after the fight.
    Yeah I'm focused on building strength and intelligence. Maybe I shoulda leveled up a little more before fighting him. Who knows. But the patterns of his move sets seemed to change almost every time I fought him. From his timing to even camping on cliffs so you had to risk falling off to get to his feet. On top of that he would hit thru solid objects. It was horrible glad it's over lol.

Mighty Member

Haha I heard there was an alien at Stormveil castle haven't seen him yet. I got to the rot lake ran into the dragon that holds another katana. Think i'm gonna finish him off later. Holding off on Farum Azula cuz I heard you can't do anymore side quests after you enter.
    You're ok to enter, just don't beat the final boss of the area. The major world change comes with beating Maliketh.

Just finished Fia's quest line it was pretty fun my homie mimic and I made short work of the double gargoyles and Fia's crew and the lichdragon.

I think I supposed to talk to the jackass who was killed in the Round Table Hold before - too bad I suppose?

Extraordinary Member

You're ok to enter, just don't beat the final boss of the area. The major world change comes with beating Maliketh.
    Yeah I was on that level today. Got so much great loot and took out the godskin duo. Whoo! that boy dung eater did his thing, that quest paid off.

Extraordinary Member

Just finished Fia's quest line it was pretty fun my homie mimic and I made short work of the double gargoyles and Fia's crew and the lichdragon.

I think I supposed to talk to the jackass who was killed in the Round Table Hold before - too bad I suppose?
    I heard he drops an outfit when he dies. Don't know if that's the same guy. Too much to remember in this game lol.