Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
I don't agree with you about the navigation, progression or combat. I can see the argument for imbalance, but I'm not sure it negatively affects the play experience. Though I don't pvp. The pve enemies can deal insane damage, but you can turn yourself into a truly OP beast in half a dozen different ways, and things like the ash summons and NPC cooperators let you turn almost any boss fight into a gank squad where you almost can't lose. The controls are what they are. Outside of some dropped inputs, which while unfortunate didn't fundamentally damn me any more than my other mistakes did, I find them to be largely deliberate and effective.

Honestly? It's easily one of the best games FromSoft has ever produced. Far from perfect? Sure. Maybe not as technically mind blowing as Bloodborne or Sekiro, but the sheer scope of what was attempted here is worthy of praise, and the execution is surprisingly effective. The lore is excellent, the challenge is there if you are looking for it. And, quite frankly, the view from the East Capital Rampart site of grace when you first reach Leyndell may be one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in a game. Not just for the sheer, overwhelming visual of the golden capital, but because YOU CAN GO TO EVERYTHING YOU CAN SEE.

I'm 65 hours in, working my way up the Mountaintop of the Giants just this afternoon. The difficulty spike coming out of Leyndell is no joke. I went from feeling OP and just a bit over-leveled in the Capitol to hitting like a wet noodle and having to up my dodge game all over again. But I have loved almost every minute of it. I'm easily going to hit 100 hours in this thing, and that's without NG+.

As an aside, no FromSoft enemy has ever given me actual nightmares before, no matter how twisted. But Finger Spiders? Yeah, I'm losing sleep. And now on the Mountaintop there are Giant Finger Spiders. Bloody thing flicked me half a mile over a cliff and I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry.

The Opaline Bubble Tear in your Wondrous Physick is your friend.
You beat all the Leyndell bosses already? Damn...I just got there I was effing ppl up till I got to the street. Finding some good loot and one of those pillow dudes dropped a nice horn.