Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default Elden Ring Gameplay

So it's hard to call a game a master piece that has clunky controls, bad navigation,haphazard progression and unbalanced combat. Some of those npcs will one shot you lol. But after 48 hrs in I can say the game is really,really good maybe even great. I've made some good progress. Beat the Tree Sentinel,Margit, Godrick and after gettin squashed atleast 30 times Magma Wyrm! LOL. There was a patch today so let's see what happens.

Last edited by CliffHanger2; 03-17-2022 at 02:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The day after I got him they downgraded this weapon. Go figure lol.

Extraordinary Member

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    The day after I got him they downgraded this weapon. Go figure lol.
    This is my project for the weekend I am level 40 and getting my ass handed to me by this and Godrick

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This is my project for the weekend I am level 40 and getting my ass handed to me by this and Godrick
    Yeah I beat Godrick easier than this. Woulda been a lot harder without that sword but now it's nerfed. Hate when they do stuff like that. Nerf the good stuff.

Yeah I beat Godrick easier than this. Woulda been a lot harder without that sword but now it's nerfed. Hate when they do stuff like that. Nerf the good stuff.
    Finally got Godrick and I was able to level on my Dex and Int to wield the Sword of Fire & Night, now to backtrack and clean up Limeria

Extraordinary Member

Finally got Godrick and I was able to level on my Dex and Int to wield the Sword of Fire & Night, now to backtrack and clean up Limeria
    Congrats man. Yeah I just beat Rennala today she's tough but I got her.

Mighty Member

So it's hard to call a game a master piece that has clunky controls, bad navigation,haphazard progression and unbalanced combat. Some of those npcs will one shot you lol. But after 48 hrs in I can say the game is really,really good maybe even great. I've made some good progress. Beat the Tree Sentinel,Margit, Godrick and after gettin squashed atleast 30 times Magma Wyrm! LOL. There was a patch today so let's see what happens.
    I don't agree with you about the navigation, progression or combat. I can see the argument for imbalance, but I'm not sure it negatively affects the play experience. Though I don't pvp. The pve enemies can deal insane damage, but you can turn yourself into a truly OP beast in half a dozen different ways, and things like the ash summons and NPC cooperators let you turn almost any boss fight into a gank squad where you almost can't lose. The controls are what they are. Outside of some dropped inputs, which while unfortunate didn't fundamentally damn me any more than my other mistakes did, I find them to be largely deliberate and effective.

Honestly? It's easily one of the best games FromSoft has ever produced. Far from perfect? Sure. Maybe not as technically mind blowing as Bloodborne or Sekiro, but the sheer scope of what was attempted here is worthy of praise, and the execution is surprisingly effective. The lore is excellent, the challenge is there if you are looking for it. And, quite frankly, the view from the East Capital Rampart site of grace when you first reach Leyndell may be one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in a game. Not just for the sheer, overwhelming visual of the golden capital, but because YOU CAN GO TO EVERYTHING YOU CAN SEE.

I'm 65 hours in, working my way up the Mountaintop of the Giants just this afternoon. The difficulty spike coming out of Leyndell is no joke. I went from feeling OP and just a bit over-leveled in the Capitol to hitting like a wet noodle and having to up my dodge game all over again. But I have loved almost every minute of it. I'm easily going to hit 100 hours in this thing, and that's without NG+.

As an aside, no FromSoft enemy has ever given me actual nightmares before, no matter how twisted. But Finger Spiders? Yeah, I'm losing sleep. And now on the Mountaintop there are Giant Finger Spiders. Bloody thing flicked me half a mile over a cliff and I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I’ve currently got three of the dungeons with the instant death carousel horse carriages that run up and down tracks on the go and I’m not bloody having it.
    The Opaline Bubble Tear in your Wondrous Physick is your friend.

I'm still cleaning up Limgrave and slowly making my way through the swamps to Hogwarts, I'm like 20 hours in and around level 52 dual wielding the sword of fire and night and metero staff with the delay dagger spell feeling pretty good.

I'm rocking the land of reeds samurai set but I wanna find a good armor set. Any recommendations?

Mighty Member

I'm still cleaning up Limgrave and slowly making my way through the swamps to Hogwarts, I'm like 20 hours in and around level 52 dual wielding the sword of fire and night and metero staff with the delay dagger spell feeling pretty good.

I'm rocking the land of reeds samurai set but I wanna find a good armor set. Any recommendations?
    My personal favorites are the Crucible Knights sets. The Axe set is the version you can fight in the Stormhill Evergaol. The Tree set, my fave, is the alternate with the badass tree helm.

My other favorite is the Hoslow set.

Those are all a bit later game than where you're at, and a bit on the heavier side. Blaidd's set is also awesome, bit again, later game.

Also a shout out to my favorite weapon in the game, the Blasphemous Blade. Rocking a pure faith build at level 105 and I absolutely wreck face against anything not on the mountaintop.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    My personal favorites are the Crucible Knights sets. The Axe set is the version you can fight in the Stormhill Evergaol. The Tree set, my fave, is the alternate with the badass tree helm.

My other favorite is the Hoslow set.

Those are all a bit later game than where you're at, and a bit on the heavier side. Blaidd's set is also awesome, bit again, later game.

Also a shout out to my favorite weapon in the game, the Blasphemous Blade. Rocking a pure faith build at level 105 and I absolutely wreck face against anything not on the mountaintop.
    okay I'll them them out, right now I am dex, intelligence build it's workng out pretty well for now; but I wanna pump more into strength and vigor

Mighty Member

okay I'll them them out, right now I am dex, intelligence build it's workng out pretty well for now; but I wanna pump more into strength and vigor
    Vigor is totally worth the investment. At least 40, maybe even 50 depending on your style.

But I'd hesitate to invest in a third damage stat any more than you have to. An easy way to leave yourself spread thin. And several mid game bosses are a lot easier if you can kill them quickly rather than a long, drawn out battle because your damage is low.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I don't agree with you about the navigation, progression or combat. I can see the argument for imbalance, but I'm not sure it negatively affects the play experience. Though I don't pvp. The pve enemies can deal insane damage, but you can turn yourself into a truly OP beast in half a dozen different ways, and things like the ash summons and NPC cooperators let you turn almost any boss fight into a gank squad where you almost can't lose. The controls are what they are. Outside of some dropped inputs, which while unfortunate didn't fundamentally damn me any more than my other mistakes did, I find them to be largely deliberate and effective.

Honestly? It's easily one of the best games FromSoft has ever produced. Far from perfect? Sure. Maybe not as technically mind blowing as Bloodborne or Sekiro, but the sheer scope of what was attempted here is worthy of praise, and the execution is surprisingly effective. The lore is excellent, the challenge is there if you are looking for it. And, quite frankly, the view from the East Capital Rampart site of grace when you first reach Leyndell may be one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in a game. Not just for the sheer, overwhelming visual of the golden capital, but because YOU CAN GO TO EVERYTHING YOU CAN SEE.

I'm 65 hours in, working my way up the Mountaintop of the Giants just this afternoon. The difficulty spike coming out of Leyndell is no joke. I went from feeling OP and just a bit over-leveled in the Capitol to hitting like a wet noodle and having to up my dodge game all over again. But I have loved almost every minute of it. I'm easily going to hit 100 hours in this thing, and that's without NG+.

As an aside, no FromSoft enemy has ever given me actual nightmares before, no matter how twisted. But Finger Spiders? Yeah, I'm losing sleep. And now on the Mountaintop there are Giant Finger Spiders. Bloody thing flicked me half a mile over a cliff and I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry.

The Opaline Bubble Tear in your Wondrous Physick is your friend.
    You beat all the Leyndell bosses already? Damn...I just got there I was effing ppl up till I got to the street. Finding some good loot and one of those pillow dudes dropped a nice horn.