Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    The amount of speculation people are making from this single image is pretty hilarious
    But is it really suprising?
    A lot of the old fandom, which dates back to the Souls games and Bloodborne, has largely become quite used to puzzeling the backround lore and plot together from various item descriptions and environmental elements.

Y'all, I know I'm super late to the party on this one but I'm seriously considering getting this game even though in the past I've struggled with Souls games. I am damn good at Monster Hunter games and killed it in Monster Hunter World. I figure if I can master that beast I can eventually master this one. I figure it's open world nature will make it less of a slog than Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne, is that an accurate assumption?
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Y'all, I know I'm super late to the party on this one but I'm seriously considering getting this game even though in the past I've struggled with Souls games. I am damn good at Monster Hunter games and killed it in Monster Hunter World. I figure if I can master that beast I can eventually master this one. I figure it's open world nature will make it less of a slog than Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne, is that an accurate assumption?

This was my first souls game. Very frustrating at times. But I can tell you it was the open world experience that kept me going.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    This was my first souls game. Very frustrating at times. But I can tell you it was the open world experience that kept me going.
    Cool, thanks. I saw it's cheap on the Playstation store until January 6th so I'm gonna get it.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Extraordinary Member

Cool, thanks. I saw it's cheap on the Playstation store until January 6th so I'm gonna get it.
    Do that. It's a great game.

It was my first proper FromSoft game as well. And while it can be quite difficult you always have the option to just go any other direction than towards the thing that's beating you down. And it's pretty much always worth it to explore any corner of the world. You're bound to find something cool or interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Do that. It's a great game.

It was my first proper FromSoft game as well. And while it can be quite difficult you always have the option to just go any other direction than towards the thing that's beating you down. And it's pretty much always worth it to explore any corner of the world. You're bound to find something cool or interesting.
    Thanks! It's currently downloading at my house. Keen to give it a try!

So I played for about 1.5 hrs this morning. Playing as an astrologer with the intent to basically be a battlemage. Got the stead, keen to get better armor. Died three times foolishly trying to blitz soldiers, lol. It's a great game and I'm keen to get back into it after work!

Extraordinary Member

So I played for about 1.5 hrs this morning. Playing as an astrologer with the intent to basically be a battlemage. Got the stead, keen to get better armor. Died three times foolishly trying to blitz soldiers, lol. It's a great game and I'm keen to get back into it after work!
    Magic is generally really powerful in this game as it helps you stay out of range of some of the scarier things, though not the scariest things. And there are plenty of close range weapons that scale with the Intelligence stat. You just gotta find them.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah it gets addicting especially when you start to find stuff.

Extraordinary Member

The DLC trailer will premiere later today.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, that trailer looked amazing. I am ready to jump back into The Lands Between. Just gotta pick which build I want to try out.

And IGN has a nice interview with Miyazaki himself.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I'm getting this.

I re-downloaded the game and I can't remember how to play it. LOL.

I'll probably do another run through with my overpowered character to get ready for the DLC.

Extraordinary Member

So I imagine I won't be able to use my elden King build in this...dam. Was thinking this would be like an old rockstar game where u could bring your old build into new maps.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    So I imagine I won't be able to use my elden King build in this...dam. Was thinking this would be like an old rockstar game where u could bring your old build into new maps.
    Given the way Elden Ring works, you absolutely should be able to. They will introduce some means of accessing the new area (looks like through Miquella's cocoon in Mogwhyn Palace) and all you have to do is go there.

In past games you were forced into NG+ right after completion, which meant completing the game up to wherever you can access the DLC fresh unless you had a save prior to that point, but in Elden Ring you just load back into the world after the ending. So any completed character should be able to access the DLC area straight away unless they change things up for some reason. It sure looks like the only condition will be defeating Mogh to access the cocoon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Given the way Elden Ring works, you absolutely should be able to. They will introduce some means of accessing the new area (looks like through Miquella's cocoon in Mogwhyn Palace) and all you have to do is go there.

In past games you were forced into NG+ right after completion, which meant completing the game up to wherever you can access the DLC fresh unless you had a save prior to that point, but in Elden Ring you just load back into the world after the ending. So any completed character should be able to access the DLC area straight away unless they change things up for some reason. It sure looks like the only condition will be defeating Mogh to access the cocoon.
    Yeah, that's what I've assumed while expecting this DLC, and the trailer strengthened that assumption.

So hopefully this will just be a continuation of my one playthrough.