Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I finally found the big bird rune farming spot! time to get level'd!

Also any tips on Mohg
    Which version of Mohg?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Which version of Mohg?
    The dude in the palace of blood underground, but I ended up beating him.

Now I am onto the fire giant, which is giant pain

dude, the last two areas are brutal, I am level 108 and I am getting wrecked!

Also just beat Mohg and tried to fight the giant and I almost got him the first try and then out of nowhere he had a new move set.

I think I can get him, but this is the first time I am battling the camera as well
    lol, I’m level 118 or something and never farmed. Definitely over-levelled for some stuff!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    lol, I’m level 118 or something and never farmed. Definitely over-levelled for some stuff!
    I farmed exactly 5 levels, just to finish up my build. And was 155 by the time I spent my runes from Maliketh. And that's where I stopped. Ended the game with something like 700k runes in the tank. That's over 160 easy if I wanted to.

This game is just built for higher levels at endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I farmed exactly 5 levels, just to finish up my build. And was 155 by the time I spent my runes from Maliketh. And that's where I stopped. Ended the game with something like 700k runes in the tank. That's over 160 easy if I wanted to.

This game is just built for higher levels at endgame.
    Y'all are way better then me, because even with my Mimic I have a hard time.

Currently, I gave up trying to fight the Giant for now and I am exploring the Haligtree.

One thing I gotta say about FromSoft is that they know how to design amazing game environments.

I think I am half way down the tree, I killed the annoying Knight on the horse and I am trying to figure out which way I am supposed to go.

The one thing about farming runes is that I don't care if I die which makes it much more enjoyable to explore without fearing you'll get ganked around a corner, so what I do is farm until I can level and then go explore with nearly zero ruins. I find it more enjoyable and less stressful.

Mighty Member

Y'all are way better then me, because even with my Mimic I have a hard time.

Currently, I gave up trying to fight the Giant for now and I am exploring the Haligtree.

One thing I gotta say about FromSoft is that they know how to design amazing game environments.

I think I am half way down the tree, I killed the annoying Knight on the horse and I am trying to figure out which way I am supposed to go.

The one thing about farming runes is that I don't care if I die which makes it much more enjoyable to explore without fearing you'll get ganked around a corner, so what I do is farm until I can level and then go explore with nearly zero ruins. I find it more enjoyable and less stressful.
    In the Haligtree,the answer is always down. Down is progress, any other direction is just exploration.

I totally get that approach with runes. It's generally so easy to get your runes back in ER that I didn't worry about it too much. Though I did start running the Twiggy Cracked Tear in my physick when I was just exploring (two minutes where you don't lose runes when you die). Totally changed the nature of the game. Just popped my Physick when things looked hectic and relaxed. If I took a death, no big. Only swapped it up for bosses, where after a try or two I generally had an idea of how I wanted to go at them.

When you get to the bottom of the Haligree, enjoy Malenia. She's a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    In the Haligtree,the answer is always down. Down is progress, any other direction is just exploration.

I totally get that approach with runes. It's generally so easy to get your runes back in ER that I didn't worry about it too much. Though I did start running the Twiggy Cracked Tear in my physick when I was just exploring (two minutes where you don't lose runes when you die). Totally changed the nature of the game. Just popped my Physick when things looked hectic and relaxed. If I took a death, no big. Only swapped it up for bosses, where after a try or two I generally had an idea of how I wanted to go at them.

When you get to the bottom of the Haligree, enjoy Malenia. She's a treat.
    LOL, I hear horror stories.

edit: Wow, first time fighting her I nearly got her to her phase 2, but then she started doing her bullshit twirly attack that I could not dodge at all and was one shotted. I'm surprised how easily she can be staggered though, I may have to be aggressive and keep her from doing that attack
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 04-15-2022 at 08:04 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    No lies detected, it's an amazing game but it has glaring issues

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed but there's other stuff too. Like I was doing the haligtree today and I find the second sog and its blocked by a note. Got murked 2x messing with that thing. The same thing with a ladder. That's not a game being overly hard that's just some cheat bs. Seriously dude not cool.

Extraordinary Member

So I beat Malenia. This fight was way more fun than the Fire Giant. Tried a few different things but figured it out in the end. She even had to admit I was extraordinary at the end lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    So I beat Malenia. This fight was way more fun than the Fire Giant. Tried a few different things but figured it out in the end. She even had to admit I was extraordinary at the end lol.
    Dang I don't have that spell.

But I hit a roadblock with both Malenia and the Fire Giant, so I think I'm gonna take a break for a week or so and see if fresh eyes will help me beat these two.

I still gotta finish GoTG game, it's gonna be weird playing a game with more hand holding after playing Elden Ring for 60 hours

Extraordinary Member

But I hit a roadblock with both Malenia and the Fire Giant, so I think I'm gonna take a break for a week or so and see if fresh eyes will help me beat these two.

I still gotta finish GoTG game, it's gonna be weird playing a game with more hand holding after playing Elden Ring for 60 hours
    Yeah its in the bird cliff farming spot. But I hear ya man. I was feelin a little burnt out on this game after that Fire Giant bs.

Mighty Member

Didn't watch the vid, but I'm assuming it's Swarm of Flies, which absolutely stomps Melania. And is just genuinely really good all around.

As Cliff mentioned, it's in the blood lake area of Mohgwyn Palace. On the other side of the lake you can also find the Haligdrake Medallion +2, which helps make the final boss a LOT easier.

Fun story, with Haligdrake +2, the Opalline Hardtear, Lord's Divine Protection (incantation) and Golden Vow all up, my character's Holy damage negation is over 98%. The final boss is basically all holy damage. Being able to basically ignore all it's damage for nearly 3 minutes? Yeah, not a fair fight at all. Absolutely wrecked it.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah its in the bird cliff farming spot. But I hear ya man. I was feelin a little burnt out on this game after that Fire Giant bs.
    Yeah the game is frustrating me, so I gotta take a break. I like to play to relax, I don't mind tense games but not frustrating