Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

New patch came out. Mostly consisting of massive buffs across the board. I'm glad FromSoft is trying to bring up the weaker parts of the game and not just slapping down the good stuff. Far too many things in this game were far too expensive/slow to ever be practical.

Extraordinary Member

Heard they nerfed swarm of flies. Welp at least I got Malenia with it before the patch.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    New patch came out. Mostly consisting of massive buffs across the board. I'm glad FromSoft is trying to bring up the weaker parts of the game and not just slapping down the good stuff. Far too many things in this game were far too expensive/slow to ever be practical.
    THEY HAVE FINALLY BUFFED GREAT AND COLOSSAL SWORDS!!!! Hallelujah.

Great swords were strong but god damn the wind up time was waaaaaaay too slow. It led to a ton of "re-speccing".

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Heard they nerfed swarm of flies. Welp at least I got Malenia with it before the patch.
    Looks like only the blood loss build up. It should still stagger her every bit as effectively after the patch.

Also, they buffed Pest Threads, which is absolutely hilarious to me. People are sleeping on that Incant, it absolutely shreds bosses if you can cast it from the right angle. Got a single cast off against the Elden Beast for more than 3k damage.

Ultimate Member

Looks like they nerfed bleed. LOLOL...people used "Rivers of Blood" to turn the game into easy mode.

Looking at the patch notes, they seem to have addressed a lot of complaints namely the weapon balancing. Strength builds weren't all that attractive because of just how slow the weapons moved compared to the enemies. Not to mention the damage from some of the weapons flat out didn't justify using them at all (I'm happy they buffed the grafted greatsword, it had that awesome design but it was so slow and the damage output simply wasn't worth it).

I'm really glad FromSoft did this because it shows that they are actually listening to the community and not just dismissing player complaints.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Looks like only the blood loss build up. It should still stagger her every bit as effectively after the patch.

Also, they buffed Pest Threads, which is absolutely hilarious to me. People are sleeping on that Incant, it absolutely shreds bosses if you can cast it from the right angle. Got a single cast off against the Elden Beast for more than 3k damage.
    3x? WHAT? I'm gon have to get that.

Mighty Member

3x? WHAT? I'm gon have to get that.
    I've seen it hit for over 4,500 damage, but only against dragons. I think it has to do with the wonky way it seems to calculate the damage. If you lock on to part of an enemy (like a dragon's head), the threads aim for that. But if they pass through the enemy's body on the way, they deal damage the entire time they are in contact with the target. Lock on to a dragon's head, sprint to it's tail and let 'er rip. They'll travel the entire length of it's spine if it doesn't move and ruin it. And you get ticks of damage for all of it.

It's difficult to set up, and you can't count on it consistently, but it's easily the most OP Incantation in the game if you land it.

Extraordinary Member

So when is the patch coming to balance these bs bossfights? I'm going after Maliketh and the tree sentinel can actually hit you thru the fog door and take some of you health before the fight starts. Plus they're coming with this npcs hitting thru solid objects again. Seriously how did this company get such a good name? The loot is great but that doesn't make up for bs/cheat game mechanics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I've seen it hit for over 4,500 damage, but only against dragons. I think it has to do with the wonky way it seems to calculate the damage. If you lock on to part of an enemy (like a dragon's head), the threads aim for that. But if they pass through the enemy's body on the way, they deal damage the entire time they are in contact with the target. Lock on to a dragon's head, sprint to it's tail and let 'er rip. They'll travel the entire length of it's spine if it doesn't move and ruin it. And you get ticks of damage for all of it.

It's difficult to set up, and you can't count on it consistently, but it's easily the most OP Incantation in the game if you land it.
    I might still try to get it but I may have reached my limit with the bs.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 04-19-2022 at 07:19 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

So when is the patch coming to balance these bs bossfights? I'm going after Maliketh and the tree sentinel can actually hit you thru the fog door and take some of you health before the fight starts. Plus they're coming with this npcs hitting thru solid objects again. Seriously how did this company get such a good name? The loot is great but that doesn't make up for bs/cheat game mechanics.
    lol, this happened to me a couple of times when I was trying to get to the Black Knife Assassin in the catacombs the fucking skelingtons got me through the fog door. It was already hard to get to him and then you put a 100 unkillable jerks in my way too!

Ultimate Member

Yeah, some enemies “clip in” and it’s a bug that needs to be fixed.

That Black Blade Kindred ******* was practically clipping through the walls during my fight him.

I had to drag him out into the open to kill the bugger.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    lol, this happened to me a couple of times when I was trying to get to the Black Knife Assassin in the catacombs the fucking skelingtons got me through the fog door. It was already hard to get to him and then you put a 100 unkillable jerks in my way too!
    Same thing with the double crucible knight fight in altus. Try to drink a flask before you go in and gotta deal with a respawning skeleton. There's a way to stop them from coming back but it costs...smh

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, some enemies “clip in” and it’s a bug that needs to be fixed.

That Black Blade Kindred ******* was practically clipping through the walls during my fight him.

I had to drag him out into the open to kill the bugger.
    I dunno man. I think of a bug as a mistake. I think these developers of this game intentionally put stuff like this in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Looks like they nerfed bleed. LOLOL...people used "Rivers of Blood" to turn the game into easy mode.
    I heard they only nerfed the stagger from the bleed proc. More of balance fix for PvP than anything else. Bleed (and frost) will still shred everything in PvE.

Mighty Member

Same thing with the double crucible knight fight in altus. Try to drink a flask before you go in and gotta deal with a respawning skeleton. There's a way to stop them from coming back but it costs...smh
    ?

Literally all you have to do to keep the skellys from getting back up is hit them while they are down. What does that cost, aside from a few seconds?