Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Thanks bro!
    I hate Radagon so much, I am level 149 INT/DEX build and getting wrecked

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I hate Radagon so much, I am level 149 INT/DEX build and getting wrecked
    These boss fights should be a lot more fun than they are. I luv the visuals and world building in this game but damn...

These boss fights should be a lot more fun than they are. I luv the visuals and world building in this game but damn...
    even with my mimic I get wrecked. I hate when he teleports across the screen and gives me the one, two while I am drinking a flask and I am done.

the input reading is what is the most irritating.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    even with my mimic I get wrecked. I hate when he teleports across the screen and gives me the one, two while I am drinking a flask and I am done.

the input reading is what is the most irritating.
    Yeah I went thru that with godfrey. I'd go to use a flask and he would aoe from 100ft away at super sonic speed. With his back to me. I mean i feel obligated to finish cuz i'm at the end. But software ain't gettin me again lol. Unless they make a lot of improvements. I'm one and done with these guys.

Stlil learning how to dodge the beasts ufo attacks or whatever it's doing up there dropping rings. It's like he aggros more in pt. 2 if you make it with more flasks smh...lol
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 05-01-2022 at 06:13 AM.

Yeah I went thru that with godfrey. I'd go to use a flask and he would aoe from 100ft away at super sonic speed. With his back to me. I mean i feel obligated to finish cuz i'm at the end. But software ain't gettin me again lol. Unless they make a lot of improvements. I'm one and done with these guys.

Stlil learning how to dodge the beasts ufo attacks or whatever it's doing up there dropping rings. It's like he aggros more in pt. 2 if you make it with more flasks smh...lol
    I feel the same way! I love this game, but I do not like to play games to be frustrated by cheating AI, this is my second FromSoft game my first being Sekiro and I am for sure taking a break from these kinds of games.

Ultimate Member

I think From Soft is trying a little too hard to play into their reputation of making hard games.

I actually didn't like Sekiro so much for that reason.

The last From Soft game that had balanced difficulty was Bloodborne. IMO, that's the perfect Souls game. It is brutally hard but you as a player are rarely overwhelmed and you always feel well equipped to take on practically anything in the game. And most importantly enemies and even bosses seem to be operating under the same rules as the player.

I have to say it again, some of the boss fights in Elden Ring are just not fun. That Fire Giant boss is just a terrible boss, same with the Godskin duo, same with Godfrey and some of those Crucible Knight and X enemy combinations. Elden Ring would have been a complete masterpiece if not for the boss fights. But its boss design doesn't lend itself to replays because of just how unfair and boring some of the fights seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I think From Soft is trying a little too hard to play into their reputation of making hard games.

I actually didn't like Sekiro so much for that reason.

The last From Soft game that had balanced difficulty was Bloodborne. IMO, that's the perfect Souls game. It is brutally hard but you as a player are rarely overwhelmed and you always feel well equipped to take on practically anything in the game. And most importantly enemies and even bosses seem to be operating under the same rules as the player.

I have to say it again, some of the boss fights in Elden Ring are just not fun. That Fire Giant boss is just a terrible boss, same with the Godskin duo, same with Godfrey and some of those Crucible Knight and X enemy combinations. Elden Ring would have been a complete masterpiece if not for the boss fights. But its boss design doesn't lend itself to replays because of just how unfair and boring some of the fights seem.
    100% agree.

I quit Sekiro because I got stuck at the money boss and the knight boss, I am just not that killed of a player to defeat either one of them and I basically stuck so I put it down and haven't looked at it again since.

With Elden Ring I nearly gave up with Melania and the Fire Giant, but I got super lucky for both bosses. For Melania for whatever reason she didn't do her water fowl dance bullshit and I was able to beat her and for the Fire Giant he didn't do his bull **** shield stomp and I was able to get him.

But I only picked the game back up again after taking a break, because it felt so frustrating that I was doing so well in the overworld but the bosses felt like they were always cheating.

Radagon feels the same way, he input reads like a son of a bitch and even if he is agroing on my mimic if I even think about drinking a flask he will dash toward me mid-animation and wreck me.

I haven't seen a boss that Eochaid's Dancing Blade or Sword of Night and Flame couldn't delete in a few hits. Even in NG+ those weapons are hilariously stupid.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    I haven't seen a boss that Eochaid's Dancing Blade or Sword of Night and Flame couldn't delete in a few hits. Even in NG+ those weapons are hilariously stupid.
    N&F got nerfed on ps4 atleast nowhere near as powerful as it was. Dancing blade is good but the wind up is slow. Radagon damn sure isn't gonna just stand there and get drilled like those yt vids.

N&F got nerfed on ps4 atleast nowhere near as powerful as it was. Dancing blade is good but the wind up is slow. Radagon damn sure isn't gonna just stand there and get drilled like those yt vids.
    SoNaF isn't as powerful as it used to be, but it's still powerful enough to shred almost everything in the game in 2-3 hits. I didn't start using it until after it got nerfed and it still hard-carries. I only really switch off of it for the sake of variety. Eochaid's does have a wind up but it's really not that bad, especially if you have a Spirit Ash to take the heat off you. A single 1 second opening and the fight's over.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    SoNaF isn't as powerful as it used to be, but it's still powerful enough to shred almost everything in the game in 2-3 hits. I didn't start using it until after it got nerfed and it still hard-carries. I only really switch off of it for the sake of variety. Eochaid's does have a wind up but it's really not that bad, especially if you have a Spirit Ash to take the heat off you. A single 1 second opening and the fight's over.
    Ok I'll give it another try. Maybe use some different talismans with it.

I'm getting close, got the Elden Beast to less then half health when he did the star attack where you are enveloped with a star mist and then he explodes you.

I learned getting behind him and wailing on him works especially when he his spewing fire.

The hardest part is when he runs away because he will do those long sweeping arcs that can take out your health if you don't dodge in time.

Finally BEAT IT!!!

LET'S GOOOOOOO!!!!

OMG, it was tough and I finally beat my first FromSoft game!

I loved it, hated it, got that sweet Ranni ending and now to put it away for a long time and pick it up later and run rough shot in the Lands In Between.

Thanks for all the help you guys, I honestly could not have done it without you!

Smooches!

Extraordinary Member

Congrats, right there with you man. Took a break and came back in co-op. Beast slain...no more shitty boss fights lol.

Extraordinary Member

Wonder if the ashes disappear with the Ranni ending...