Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    You know I keep seeing people post that Godskins are hella hard, but I wrecked them on my first try and I suck at games like this.

I just kept spamming my Moonblade Katana, I fought the original version and the ghost versions that were controlled by that ******* snail (I kept killing them until I realized there was a snail jerk in the corner [PS: that fight gets you a pretty cool talisman, I think it is called newborn skin or some ****, that restores HP after combos]).
    Isn't that more like "I don't get how anything is difficult in this - you just have to press LB a few times" though?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Isn't that more like "I don't get how anything is difficult in this - you just have to press LB a few times" though?
    No, I meant them in particular, because everything else kicked my ass to holy hell.

For whatever reason the duo were dispatched pretty easily because I would agro ol' rolly polly and merk him and then go after the skinny one

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Also I'm curious did anyone here do any crafting?

I never crafted anything at all, I don't even think I looked at the menu whatsoever.

Nor did I ever use any pots, daggers, or bows.

I do like the fact that you aren't hobbled and it's completely up to your play style.
    Holy Water Pots have like an insanely high damage multiplier to undead(like 500% I think). Which is useful even if you don't have high Faith.
    Sleep pots are very nice to cheese giant Lobsters, Runebears, giant crow/dog etc(a lot of large enemies are weak to sleep). (Though crafting it requires Trina's Lily which is a rather limited resources)
    Freeze pot has an insanely high frost buildup(280) and you can use it to interrupt Malenia's waterfowl dance.

Perfume bottles are also quite powerful, Uplifting Aromatics boot your attack as well as giving you high damage resistance on onehit(bubble effect), Bloodboil Aromactis boot your attack like 30% at the cost of lowered damage resistance.(Though they all requier some rare ingredient.)

I kind of eschew all finite consumables in these games. Most of the time you go into a boss arena, apply all your buffs and items at the door, and then the boss cheese kills you in five seconds by clipping through your shield or something.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    And I just finished my platinum trophy, first game I've gone through that effort for in a long long time
    One thing I liked about Elden Ring is that I don't have to commit some kind of genocide on certain enemy types to get all the achievements.(Looking at you Dark Souls 3.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I think the level design is fantastic in this one. Right up there with DS2’s DLC, though maybe not quite the original DS’s intricate connectedness.
    Legacy dungeons? Yeah. But they are few and far between divided by the large open world. Some areas don't even have proper legacy dungeons.
    Catacombs and caves are mostly boring aside from a few interesting ones(like the fake loop one).

Extraordinary Member

So does it kinda bother you that a lot of the humanoid elite type enemies are kinda reskins of each other?(Namely the Knights, among the respawning knights, only Cleanrot and Banished Knight are truly unique I think.)
    It hurts fashion choices so much lol.(And of course there is the age old problem of player's armor not looking as good as the bosses because body proportion and stuff.)

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    So does it kinda bother you that a lot of the humanoid elite type enemies are kinda reskins of each other?(Namely the Knights, among the respawning knights, only Cleanrot and Banished Knight are truly unique I think.)
    It hurts fashion choices so much lol.(And of course there is the age old problem of player's armor not looking as good as the bosses because body proportion and stuff.)
    Dude, Blaidd's armor looks so much better on him then me.

Yeah the reused enemies suck but that's par for the course in games nowadays. I mean you can tell by the file size that a lot was reused.

Extraordinary Member

Elden Ring still has a lot of enemy variety, the problem is mainly how they distribute them.
    Older Souls games tend to have those "poster boys/girls" enemies unique to each region.
    I guess Elden Ring is just too big for that.(Seeing mutated dogs/crows in Mountain of Giants is kinda jarring lol. They don't even get a white-fur reskin or something)

Extraordinary Member

Gonna post a few tb boss fights.

Extraordinary Member

Neanderthal time lol.

Extraordinary Member

Summon and run
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 05-13-2022 at 06:44 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Hit em in tha head that's a head shot .
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 05-13-2022 at 06:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Rockin that sweet Drake armor.

I started all over again to do a twinblade build. Please send help.